We're officially married!!

WTTC Graduates

For WTTC Members who are now TTC or pregnant.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To WTTC Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 29th, 2009, 05:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
So, the wedding went great!! I don't think we could have picked a better place to do it. I'm so glad we had it in San Antonio. Here are a few of the highlights... I will add pics when I get them back from the photographer.

Before everything even started I almost started bawling, it was hard to keep it together. I remember waving my hands in front of my face telling my MOH “I can’t start crying before the ceremony!!” over and over again.

My dad was very emotional when he gave me away, he is so, so happy though. It made it even harder not to cry.

The preacher was... well... interesting. I talked to him over the phone a couple of times, he seemed completely normal. He even seemed normal when he came up to talk to me before the ceremony. As soon as he started in with "We are gathered here today..." OMG! He put on a VERY theatrical, fake, old world renaissance accent! DH thought I was punking him, literally! In the moment I was thinking WTH, but now I just think it was funny and it added to the charm of the whole event. Everyone in the audience liked it and thought we planned it. You would think he might mention something about it beforehand, hm??! And then he would get flustered and talk in his regular voice.

Anywho, when it got to the vows, preacherman said “Do you, Donald, take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife” [pause] Donald: “I do.” Preacherman: “Hold on son, I’ve gotta read you the fine print.” Donald: “Sorry, sorry, first time.” Everyone cracked up in the audience and it really relieved the tension in the room.

I looked out into the audience and saw my SIL all teary-eyed, and my step mom pretty teary… but then I saw my older brother! The poor man was boo-hooing like a little girl! He cried more than anyone there! I mean he was snottin’. He’ll never live that down.

After the ceremony we headed to a pool hall to take some pics in our wedding attire (pool is our thing, our grooms cake was pool-themed). I looked up a pool hall beforehand and found one just three blocks from the ceremony site, perfect! So we went there and DH went in first looking all sexy in his tux to ask if we could take pics. They said yes so we headed in. It was mid-day, and it was full of old men, I figured it was like a biker bar… nothing out of the ordinary for 4:00 in the afternoon. We start playing pool and taking pics, and I was a little paranoid because EVERYONE in the room was watching us and I was bending over a pool table in my strapless wedding gown, can we say boobs? Everyone was telling us congratulations and how pretty I looked in my dress. We got some cute pics and left. On our way out of the parking lot, I noticed two obviously gay men in font, one old man with long hair in a pony tail in short shorts and a tight t-shirt, the other dressed about the same. I looked over at Donald and said “Honey, was that place named Bananas Billiards and Grill??” “Yeah, why?” “That was a gay bar.” “NUH UH!!!” He denied it at first saying one man said he had been married for 20 years... like that matters! It is just funny because he walked in looking like a stud… the whole time I was worried about them gawking at me, I should have been worried about Donald!!! No wonder they were telling me how pretty I looked in my dress! Oh, and might I say I was running the table on Donald??

After the ceremony we walked a couple of blocks from the hotel to the reception site through downtown San Antonio. Everyone was AWESOME! I mean EVERYONE we saw in the street was saying congratulations, even people driving in the street slowed down and waved, or even rolled down their window to yell out congrats. Strangers were taking pics of us, it was like we were famous or something! It was tons of fun. On the way we came across a group of young men, about 7 or 8 of them, who looked pretty thuggish. I thought to myself “uh oh, this might be bad.” The next thing I knew one of them ushered the rest of his group to the side of the sidewalk and started announcing “Make way for the newlyweds!!!” over and over, it was the sweetest thing.

The reception couldn’t have gone more smoothly and the food was great. Toasts were beautiful. During the best man’s toast he mentioned how all DH ever wanted was a family with children. As soon as he said “children” my step mom and dad started cheering, LOUD. They made it very clear the whole weekend that they are ready for grandchildren.

Afterwards the “old folks” went to bed and everyone else went out partying on the riverwalk, it was so much fun! At around 1:30am we decided to call it quits. On the way back to the hotel we found a group of about 20 frat boys with a guitar singing songs on the riverwalk bridge in front of our hotel. My brother went over and told them we just got married and one of them came over to get us to join them saying they would serenade us. While we were talking to him I saw my brother out of the corner of my eye… he was stripping down to his underwear… and he dove into the riverwalk in his tighty-whities! Needless to say a little liquid courage was involved. He jumped out of the riverwalk and headed back up to his room (still in his underwear), leaving just me, DH, and the frat boys. We were tooted by this time and they asked me what I wanted them to play. I told them Sublime, so they played “What I Got” and we all sang it together at the top of our lungs, it was sooooo much fun. Then they sang us a love song (again, top of our lungs). Little did I know there was a police officer standing behind us the entire time, waiting for our song to finish up to tell us to break it up… there was apparently noise complaints. At least he waited till the end of the song! I’ll never forget that, it couldn’t have been more perfect.

The only casualty of the weekend was my sand. We had a sand ceremony instead of a unity candle (layered sand with different colors representing man and wife) and the dumb dumb preacher shook it up, on purpose! It is supposed to stay layered and beautiful as a keepsake, but he ruined it. I suppose it is better now than 10 years from now when I’m REALLY attached to it and someone tips it over. That and they played the wedding march when my MOH was walking in, which I’m not really upset about… I just think it is kinda funny.

Anyway, the weekend was perfect, perfect, perfect! San Antonio is a WONDERFUL place to get married. Sorry this was so long, but I wanted to get it all in writing so I never forget it!

Thanks if you made it this far!

Thank you GraysMama for my beautiful siggy!
July 29th, 2009, 05:29 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aw yay! Sounds like you had a great time! How have I never known your husband's name is Donald? I can't wait for photos!

July 29th, 2009, 05:30 PM
CandaceDianne's Avatar Lilyan's Mommy
Sounds lovely and like such a blast!!! Congrats Newlywed!!!!!

Born June 5, 2010
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
July 29th, 2009, 05:43 PM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
Congratulations!! May you have many many happy years together!

July 29th, 2009, 06:16 PM
Resi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It sounds like such a fun time! You have a lot of great memories to share with your kiddo's in the future. I can't wait to see the pictures.
July 29th, 2009, 06:47 PM
niknok's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to niknok
Congrats on such a great wedding! Now, PICTURES!!!

Come visit my blog!
July 29th, 2009, 07:55 PM
midnight_starr's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats congrats congrats!!!!! I can't wait for pictures!!!
Baby #2 due January 2014!

July 29th, 2009, 08:09 PM
*kyle*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
HUGE congratulations! San Antonio is gorgeous and the Riverwalk is such a great setting! I'm glad that everything went so well and you're so happy looking back on all of your wonderful memories. I can't wait for pics!

July 29th, 2009, 09:06 PM
~*Bethy*~'s Avatar Ian, Morgan and Isabella!
that is awesome! Congrats!!! Many memories to share down the road!

HAVE YOU TAKEN YOUR PRENATAL??
We are TEAM BLUE
July 30th, 2009, 01:26 AM
ETanny's Avatar Mamma 2 Moo & Pops
Send a message via MSN to ETanny
Congratulations x

July 30th, 2009, 05:19 AM
JustBreathe
THAT SOUNDS LIKE A BLAST KRISTA! I don't think we ever had a name for your DH. I can just imagine being a spectator of the serenade-- that sounded awesome.

As far as the initial "I Do", I went to a wedding this spring where the Groom did exactly that, out of nerves! He messed up all of his vows so it ended up being really funny, but he is sort of an irreverent person, so I half wondered if he did it on purpose!

I can't wait to see pics!! Congratulations!
July 30th, 2009, 05:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks ladies!

Yeah, I know I'm bad because I never say DH's name. Actually, Donald isn't his real name but it is VERY close to it. It is a variation of Donald. He has a very unique name, though. I think he is pretty much the only one with his name, so if I put it here and someone googled it, they would definitely find it, kwim?

I will definitely animate this with some pics as soon as I get them!

July 30th, 2009, 05:49 AM
Mars's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Your wedding sounds like a whole lot of fun!! I can't wait to see the pics!!! Congrats to you and Donald!!

Thank you Helen for my beautiful siggy!
July 30th, 2009, 06:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
congrats!! ha i love the fine print thing!! lol
July 30th, 2009, 06:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That was a lovely wedding! I felt like I was there cause your description was so detailed! Sux about the sand, but the rest was awesome! Happy newlyweds
July 30th, 2009, 06:48 AM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awwwwwwww! Krista! I dont know if its because im so close to my wedding or what but I got teary eyed reading so many parts of your post! Im so happy for you, and SO happy that everything went to well! Thats so funny about your officiate...its funny because I keep telling Jason (i havent talked to this guy on the phone yet only email, we dont talk on the phone or meet until next month) but i keep saying what if he has this really high pitched voice or stutter or something!?! And its funny that you had something weird happen like that!

Thats so neat that everyone was saying Congrats and stuff, I cannot wait!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

July 30th, 2009, 09:15 AM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats! Sounds great!!!! I can't wait to see the gay bar photo shoot!
July 30th, 2009, 03:45 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like it was a wonderful time Krista!! Congratulations!!!!!!! Welcome to married life! Can't wait to see the pics!!

July 30th, 2009, 04:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Ashley, that should be one of your screening questions... "Do you put on any fake accents when performing weddings?" Whoda thunk it.

July 30th, 2009, 09:36 PM
n/a
Congrats!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search