Update on me

WTTC Graduates

For WTTC Members who are now TTC or pregnant.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To WTTC Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 29th, 2009, 07:45 PM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well its not the greatest update and I probably won't be around much for a while. Nothing is wrong pregnancy wise, everything is still cooking fine in that department. Actually morning sickness finally kicked in on Sunday (YAY!) and while I feel like @ss on a cracker it's not bad. Definitely not what it was last time. I do throw up about 4-5 times throughout the morning but I'm usually good once lunch time rolls around. However, I can't let myself get hungry or the nausea will creep back in. And of course certain smells will set me off too (peanut butter--*gag*).

The bad news is that my fil had a heart attack on Sunday night. He had been having chest pains for most of the night but thought he pulled something and wanted to just go to sleep and see if he felt better in the morning. Well the pains got worse and then spread to his arm and then his arm went numb. So around 1:30am he came downstairs to tell Ian (Ian was still awake thank God) he needed him to take him to the hospital because he was having chest pains. So Ian sat him down, ran up to wake up his Mom (she's a physician assistant), and they set off. He was gray and becoming unresponsive. Fortunately the hospital is literally 2 minutes away so they got there in record time. Turns out my fil's arteries were 99% blocked. So they catheterized him and set him up for a quadruple bipass surgery for Friday. Monday night though he took a turn for the worst and was rushed into surgery right then and they ended up having to do a fifth bipass. Even though his preliminary tests showed little damage to the heart once they got in there they found that one of the arteries was completely dead as was the heart muscle it connected to. If it hadn't been for his own heart creating its own lateral bipass there is no way he'd be alive. Actually the doctor is surprised he is alive and that he survived the surgery too. He's doing better now, thank God, and got his breathing tube and other tubes that were in his mouth out today and he's sitting up today too. Hopefully we'll be able to bring him home sometime next week. But things are still really hectic around here and if you all could keep him in your thoughts and prayers we'd really appreciate it. Even though he's a heavy smoker he's also very active and always keeps busy with work or around the house or wrestling with the boys. This really took us all by suprise as he's otherwise healthy and relatively young (60).

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

July 29th, 2009, 07:55 PM
Resi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How awful. I'm sorry to hear about this. I hope that his recovery goes well. I'll be thinking about your family.

P.S. I'm glad that your pregnancy is going well. Try to keep us updated when you get time. I miss you when your not around because you always give me good advise.
July 29th, 2009, 08:07 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh Jenn how scary! My mom had a heart attack a little over a year ago at 59 and it was horrifying and a total shock. I'm so glad it looks like he's going to be okay and come home soon. I'll definitely keep him in my thoughts and prayers. Update us when you can... glad you're doing well and enjoying your morning sickness! haha

July 29th, 2009, 08:57 PM
midnight_starr's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I will keep your FIL in my T&Ps!!
Baby #2 due January 2014!

July 29th, 2009, 09:03 PM
*kyle*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hugs going out to your family. I hope FIL makes a speedy and full recovery.

July 29th, 2009, 10:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh no!!! My step dad had his heart attack at 63 on February 28th!! Glad you FIL made it through surgery and is doing better!!!! like shannon said, keep us updated when you find time!
July 29th, 2009, 10:46 PM
chellerenee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry to hear this. I will keep him and your family in my prayers.

July 30th, 2009, 02:10 AM
ETanny's Avatar Mamma 2 Moo & Pops
Send a message via MSN to ETanny
Sorry to hear about your FIL, I will keep him in my T&P's!

Glad the pregnancy is going well though!

July 30th, 2009, 03:01 AM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
praying for your FIL. Sounds like he pulled through like a champ. Glad your family was able to respond so quickly!

July 30th, 2009, 07:00 AM
niknok's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to niknok
I'm so sorry Jenn! I'm sure it was really scary. I wish him a speedy recovering, and lots of luck with quitting smoking. Smoking really does a number on bypass grafts! I'm so *happy* you are feeling like crap though! Yay for a healthy little bean making you feel yucky.

Come visit my blog!
July 30th, 2009, 07:11 AM
CandaceDianne's Avatar Lilyan's Mommy
So sorry to hear!! I am glad he is recovering well, please KUP as you can. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers!

Born June 5, 2010
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
July 30th, 2009, 07:16 AM
Mars's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear about your FIL. T&Ps!

Glad you're pregnancy is going well.

Thank you Helen for my beautiful siggy!
July 30th, 2009, 07:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
t&p's for your fil & fam.
KUP when u can, i hope ur ms improves *hugs*
July 30th, 2009, 07:35 AM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh no! I know how scary that is, I grew up living with my grandma and grandpa and when i was 16 my grandpa had a heart attack and fell in the bathroom right outside my bedroom....unfortunately he didnt make it. But it was the scariest thing I have ever gone through going in there and seeing him and calling the ambulance etc... You guys are so lucky that your FIL made it through that is so great. I hope he continues to do well.

And im so glad the pregnancy is going really well, I know you were nervous about not having morning sickness yet, so im glad that kicked in for you so that you can feel better about your little baby!
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

July 30th, 2009, 07:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Your story sounds exactly like when my dad had his heart attack. He had a quadruple bypass after his own body made a lateral bypass of its own. He didn't like anastesia and had a hard time coming out of it. And he was on a breathing tube for an extended time too. Anyway, he's doing great now, relatively (cholesterol is still over 300 even with meds, and he's still overweight but otherwise...). It's been 8 1/2 years and he's full of life. I wish your family the best of luck and get well soon for your fil!!
July 30th, 2009, 11:38 AM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
I'm so glad your pregnancy is going great.

My word how scary of on ordeal! I'll be thinking of you , your FIL and whole family for sure Jenn.
July 30th, 2009, 08:44 PM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks so much everyone for the kind words and thoughts and prayers. He's really doing so well, we're all amazed. He's got great color and his hair that was very gray is actually darker now. I told him it's amazing what a little blood flow will do for him. He should get his chest tube out tomorrow and they want to start him walking tomorrow too. He should get out of the cardiac intensive care unit by saturday, maybe even tomorrow, and head up to the step down unit if they have room. He has been getting nebulizer treatments because of the smoking but he's really doing very well. Apparently what made the surgery happen Monday night instead of tomorrow as planned is he had an infection in the sack surrounding his heart. So he was a very sick man. It was really cute because today was the first time I was able to visit since my Mom picked up the boys this morning for the weekend and the first thing he asked me is when we'll know the sex of the baby. He's thinking its a girl. I think we'll bring him along to our big u/s so he can actually see the baby moving around and find out the sex with us.

Thank you all again for your thoughts and prayers, they're definitely working!

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

July 30th, 2009, 08:59 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
^ What an amazing update ~ Thank you Jenn!
July 30th, 2009, 10:33 PM
n/a
Glad your FIL is doing better. That will be really cool to bring him to the ultrasound with you. My thoughts are with your family
July 31st, 2009, 01:40 PM
ImperfectMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad your FIL is doing better! I'm sorry all of this had to happen. Your family will be in my T&P's.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search