BEYOND ***** pissed off....

WTTC Graduates

For WTTC Members who are now TTC or pregnant.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To WTTC Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 31st, 2009, 05:26 AM
niknok's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to niknok
DH just called and told me that he read in the newspaper that our YMCA childwatch had two cases of swine flu. He takes Drake to that childwatch 2-3 times a week while he works out. They "supposedly" sent out an email, but we never got one. My first stop today is the YMCA, and the wrath of Nikki will not be pretty.......I'm going to be complete psycho mommy. Those MFers should have put signs on the frikkin doors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And BTW, Drake feels fine. But that's totally not the point.

Come visit my blog!
July 31st, 2009, 05:38 AM
bittersweet's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow! That is so unbelievably irresponsible!! And they tried to send out an email?? For real?

Glad Drake is feeling ok so far.

July 31st, 2009, 05:55 AM
midnight_starr's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
wow.. I would be pissed too... Give them a good talkin to!!!

They are being super careful around here.. My nephew went to football camp all week and they got sent a letter home just because one of the kids was having flu like symptoms!!
Baby #2 due January 2014!

July 31st, 2009, 06:11 AM
Mars's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
They should have been more responsible!!!

Thank you Helen for my beautiful siggy!
July 31st, 2009, 06:13 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh boy... Glad Drake is okay, but you are right, they should be posting that on the doors! I'd be pretty ticked too!

DH's company went into total panic mode over the flu yesterday. They even created some emergency company policy for it. If you have any symptoms of the flu, they want you quarantined until you get a doc release, which is good. They interviewed every employee yesterday to figure out a way for each of them to work from home in the event of a quarantine.

Thank you GraysMama for my beautiful siggy!
July 31st, 2009, 06:33 AM
niknok's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to niknok
Add my husband to the list of people I'm pissed at. He says I'm overreacting, and that since the threat is over, it's totally okay to take him back......IT'S THE GYM!!!! Working out is not mandatory, especially if it requires putting our child in the two hour childwatch. It's a good thing he's not home right now, b/c I feel the need to slap some sense into him.

Come visit my blog!
July 31st, 2009, 07:35 AM
*Fiona*
I do understand where you're coming from, it should have been posted up somewhere visable. but at the same time, most of us are likely to get this at some point or another, and *supposedly* it's not all that much worse that regular flu?

Personally, I would avoid any situation where someone had it in my/our presence, but I do believe it's inevitable that I will come into contact with someone who has it, and may get it myself.
July 31st, 2009, 07:43 AM
JustBreathe
Wow. I'm totally with you on this one, especially with the new information on babies and preggers and the swine flu risk. They should have told every parent face to face. An e-mail? Really? Are you serious?

I'm glad Drake's feeling OK!!!!
July 31st, 2009, 07:48 AM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OMG you are totally right, they should have posted signs all over the place, not just sent emails that could have easily been to an old email address or anything. That is soooooo wrong! I hope you rip them a new one!!
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

July 31st, 2009, 08:23 AM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
YIKES! How scary!

I'm glad that Drake is feeling fine!

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.
July 31st, 2009, 08:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
they should have totally put up a sign, if they knew about it you should have known too, sending an email is rediculous too because what if you dont have an email addy or rarely check it?! ididots!!

but one of the pp was right, the swine flu is just a type of the regular flu, except that people generally dont have immunity to it so it can spread more easily. they hyped it up a lot more than was necessary IMO.
July 31st, 2009, 09:02 AM
Bre+Will=Reid
With any contagious illness, every effort should be made to alert the parents. I don't care if its lice, chicken pox, flu, a rash...whatever. They should have posted a note, called you, or gave your DH a letter when he was picking up or dropping off Drake. When dealing with small children, every effort should be made. Adults? Email would have been fine...but not when dealing with children.
July 31st, 2009, 09:57 AM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
An EMAIL?! ***! What if you don't HAVE email!? Or you don't check your junk email?! OMG! I'd be fuming!!!

Because Swine Flu is so prevalent in my county in NY, pretty much everywhere you go says if you have flu symptoms, please don't come in. For doctors offices, they actually have MASKS outside the door that says if you have symptoms of the flu, and then goes on to list the symptoms, please wear this mask.

I would not risk it.
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
July 31st, 2009, 11:04 AM
n/a
Holy crap I would have been so ticked!

Is that a moby wrap in your siggy?
July 31st, 2009, 12:59 PM
*Fiona*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bre+Will=Reid View Post
With any contagious illness, every effort should be made to alert the parents. I don't care if its lice, chicken pox, flu, a rash...whatever. They should have posted a note, called you, or gave your DH a letter when he was picking up or dropping off Drake. When dealing with small children, every effort should be made. Adults? Email would have been fine...but not when dealing with children.
I would have thought this would be the case. But I guess if a child has a cold or "normal" flu, it wouldn't be posted up. In the instance of swine flu, I would have thought they would have to verbally or paper-written inform parents.
July 31st, 2009, 01:49 PM
~* Helen *~'s Avatar A Prince And 2 Princess's
I'm so glad he is ok !!!! thats my main worry is both kiddies getting it

We have a case of swine flu apparently at the nursery on the school ... no letters were sent out informing parents to keep an eye on kids due to this .. apparently the nursery is meant to be closed but as far as i can see it is still pretty much open ... thankfully the scholl is closed due to the summer holidays !!

I agree with Fi also ... to me personnally I think it is all hyped .. they have scared people for no reason ..... I know people have died .. but in all honsety its no more higher than people dieing from normal flu and the same for people having it .. no higher than people who get flu .. its just more heard of at the moment because of all the hype.
I think everyone will get it at some point ... and it really sholudn't stop you doing day to day things because it could be spreading for years ...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search