So here's what's up with Me

WTTC Graduates

For WTTC Members who are now TTC or pregnant.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To WTTC Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 31st, 2009, 05:37 PM
JustBreathe
On Wednesday, I found out for certain that the Botox injections I had 5 weeks ago did not take into my neck, scalp, and shoulder muscles. What this probably means is that I've developed a resistance to the drug.

Per my insurance, I have to try one more round of this before I can try a different type of Botox called Myobloc, which is specifically for my type of dystonia, has better outcomes, and works when a person is resistant to Botox A. But, this probably won't be until January.

A lot of questions have been raised, medications have been changed, and it's a waiting period right now. However, I'm in no shape to get pregnant and have to go off of my medications right now. There's more about this in my blog, and having to actually put this into words is very hard. As of this cycle, I'm on the sidelines until at least, very minimally, the October cycle, but probably longer.

I don't have any plans to go anywhere, and I'm honestly at peace with this decision- I am not comfortable with the idea of raising a child without a better treatment plan in place. Hopefully, one will be found soon.
July 31st, 2009, 06:02 PM
Mars's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
(((hugs)))

Thank you Helen for my beautiful siggy!
July 31st, 2009, 08:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
aww Michelle- I hope it all gets worked out soon!!!
July 31st, 2009, 10:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
noooo our april DDC plan!!!

*hmmmph* ok...Im glad your ok with the decision, and your health needs to come before babies - take care of you!! you wont leave me, you promise??

~Beth
August 1st, 2009, 12:00 AM
*Fiona*
((((Huggles)))) I have my fingers crossed you can start again in October. LUP on your treatment?
August 1st, 2009, 05:22 AM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
(((hugs))) I'm sorry you have to take a break
I hope a new treatment is figured out soon. Praying for you.

August 1st, 2009, 05:56 AM
ANGWife
Such a smart woman you are I know you want a baby so badly, but I'm glad you are trying to wait until you are in better health. Always praying for you!
August 1st, 2009, 06:00 AM
midnight_starr's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
*HUGS* I'm sorry you are having to take a break, but your health is very important!!! I hope they figure out a treatment for you that actually helps real soon!!!
Baby #2 due January 2014!

August 1st, 2009, 06:32 AM
*kyle*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good luck with the next treatment. I truly hope that you find something that really works for you, so that you can get on with the other important parts of life!

August 1st, 2009, 03:39 PM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search