Alright Twilight Fans....

WTTC Graduates

For WTTC Members who are now TTC or pregnant.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To WTTC Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 31st, 2009, 10:22 PM
ScottishBrit's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ScottishBrit
haha, check this out!!!

Sure, Why Not?: Twi-Hard Tattoo Gallery - Geekologie

CRAZY!
July 31st, 2009, 10:49 PM
~*Bethy*~'s Avatar Ian, Morgan and Isabella!
I can see getting something small, but the cullen crest on your back?! geez...
Momma to Ian (8), Morgan (7) and Isabella (4) - Expecting baby #4 in Oct. 2014!

HAVE YOU TAKEN YOUR PRENATAL??
We are TEAM BLUE
August 1st, 2009, 12:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *vi
OMG I can't believe someone got a HUGE Edward Tat..... wow!!!

August 1st, 2009, 01:22 AM
SandKmommy's Avatar Seamus and Kieran's Mommy
I like the one of the tow arms and the flowers and the lamb quote, the others(i.e. larger ones) way too much...but then again I want to get an arm bad(small just around upper arm) of something written in Elvish

August 1st, 2009, 05:15 AM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
WOW lol

August 1st, 2009, 07:11 AM
szczepanski's Avatar nakmaster
I can't throw stones at this kind of stuff because its really no different than DH's & I's obsession with hockey.

I just feel bad for the people whose tattoos are really poorly done. Or the ones you kind of get the feeling that they are 18/19 and didn't think through to 25/30 (the one with the giant picture of Edward on their entire upper arm comes to mind first). If it makes them happy - more power to them. I just wonder how happy they will be with that tattoo in 10 years. I say that as someone who got a tattoo in a stupid spot that I hate and its only the size of two quarters.

August 1st, 2009, 09:22 AM
~* Helen *~'s Avatar A Prince And 2 Princess's
Hmmmm ...
August 1st, 2009, 04:58 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow... As much as I enjoyed the books, I wouldn't be marking myself forever like that...

August 1st, 2009, 06:49 PM
BaconsMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have to totally agree with heather on this one..a lot of those were poorly done and its going to be sad to look back and have them realize what a poor decision they made. There are a couple of good ones though.
August 1st, 2009, 08:35 PM
ETanny's Avatar Mamma 2 Moo & Pops
Send a message via MSN to ETanny
I love the books, but not enough to etch something on my skin!

August 2nd, 2009, 01:19 AM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah I posted all these and a bunch more in the Bite Me thread if you want to see way more

Mainly researching my own I guess

August 2nd, 2009, 03:03 PM
HopeWishWait's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've got to ditto Lauren on this one, I'm looking into which one I'll be getting. Decisions, decisions...it won't be a full scale portrait of Edward though

August 2nd, 2009, 03:18 PM
I know a bunch of people that use the More than my own life quote for their kids which I think is really cool

August 2nd, 2009, 03:24 PM
I think quotes are one thing - if it speaks to you and you find it that it represents a part of who you are then I think thats amazing. Book quotes are no different then poetry...song lyrics, etc. Who cares where its from if it touches you.

I want to get a tattoo of the song lyric "..and nothing dims these stars". To anyone else it might not mean anything but to me, it definitely touches me.

I just think that the HUGE Cullen crest on the one girls back and the portrait/her image of what Edward looks like on that one girls ENTIRE upper arm is a bit excessive. Whenever I see tattoos like that, I think of all the dumb tattoos I have seen....like a Creed tattoo on someones forearm, etc. Kind of those "Well it sounded good at the time and I really liked them..." kinda things.

But to each their own and if it really makes them happy, who am I to judge. The tattoo isn't directed at me anyway (someone who just read the books).

August 2nd, 2009, 03:27 PM
^ exactly, the quotes are really what makes the story, thus to me, more reasonable to use for sure

Is it reasonable to get huge gashes on your arm representing imprinting though? Not so much to me, but there are millions and millions of things I see on others bodies that I would never in a million years tattoo on myself. Tons of people just get a whim and run down to a shop and get something tattoo'd that isnt really that meaningful so to me, if a song, or a book or an experience really touched you, then I dont see the big deal I guess. I know that Twilight seems all fan girl crazy but honestly, tons of people get tattoo's daily that are insane and crazy, way more often than twilight fans

August 2nd, 2009, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lash View Post
^ exactly, the quotes are really what makes the story, thus to me, more reasonable to use for sure
Yes. Thats what I was trying to say.....I mean, what do the tattoos of the cover art mean other than "I liked Twilight so much that I got tattoo of the cover art on my shoulder". Or the Cullen crest...I guess thats the one that really baffles me.

And I see what you are saying about people getting random tattoos all the time....but this thread isn't about those people. It was an example of Twilight inspired tattoos is all. I can definitely make a list of the top 10 worst tattoos I've ever seen and I don't think any of those would make it. Except that Edward one, its not very well done.

August 2nd, 2009, 03:35 PM
Yeah the Edward one makes me laugh-- the nose is WAY off! I wonder what the girl felt (I assume girl?) once she left with that on her body. Epic fail!!!

To me, crappy artwork on your body just plain ole sucks rocks no matter what the source is!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search