BTDT - Sneaky 4yr old - WWYD? X-posted

WTTC Graduates

For WTTC Members who are now TTC or pregnant.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To WTTC Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 2nd, 2009, 08:27 AM
~*Bethy*~'s Avatar Ian, Morgan and Isabella!
Hey please check out my link and post if you can!

http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...l#post16804112

thank you

~Beth

HAVE YOU TAKEN YOUR PRENATAL??
We are TEAM BLUE
August 2nd, 2009, 10:06 AM
Alison81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Elsa went through this for awhile, and it was sooo frustrating. She used to sneak things like her cookies, m&m's, my make-up, the worst was her paint that she'd sneak upstairs, and would do it either very early in the morning, or very late at night when I was already asleep.

Have you tried a rewards chart? Or giving him something special when he doesn't get into things? I've also told Elsa no dessert when she does something sneaky, basically, I take away something I KNOW she looks forward to. Normally I don't do negative punishment, but when it's something dangerous, and getting into things they shouldn't IS dangerous, then I think a negative punishment is more than appropriate. And I know the only thing that ended her sneakiness was giving her something special when she didn't get into things, and taking away something she looks forward to when she did get into something. It's been over 3 months since I've woke up in the morning to find my make-up smeared all over her room and her face or found empty candy wrappers all over the floor or found paint all over her and all her toys. And her sneakiness did start around the time she was 4.

I hope it gets better, it can be sooo frustrating. It would ruin my whole day sometimes because it always left a mess, not to mention, expensive make-up products were ruined. But the things I mentioned above DID work for her. But you have to be very consistent. When you walk in and see a mess, have him help you clean, and tell him no dessert today, or no sweets, or something else he really, really likes. The more he likes it and looks forward to it, the better it works. When you don't see a mess, or he comes into your bed, reward him and tell him, you earned so and so for being a good boy and coming into my bed like you're supposed to.

Thank you AlexKatieAiden Mommy for my siggy!

Last edited by Alison81; August 2nd, 2009 at 10:10 AM.
August 2nd, 2009, 10:49 AM
~*Bethy*~'s Avatar Ian, Morgan and Isabella!
ahhhh I didnt even think of an awards system!!! Thank you!!!

And like I said, this has been since he could walk, its like it never fully registers in his head that what hes doing is bad, and I have no clue why - but well try this!

~Beth

HAVE YOU TAKEN YOUR PRENATAL??
We are TEAM BLUE

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search