Mama weekly check-in!

WTTC Graduates

For WTTC Members who are now TTC or pregnant.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To WTTC Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 3rd, 2009, 04:54 PM
n/a
I thought I would start a weekly thread for all the moms on here. It is so weird how everything changes once you get preggo and then have your baby. Sometimes it feels like you are old news once the kid is here, you know?! I dunno, maybe it is just me. I also thought we could have a question of the week. Sooo, moms out there let me know how things are going!

Plus, this week's question: When will you begin TTC for your next little one? (or are you already?)

Everything is cool @ our house. Dustin is for the time being only working part time. So we all get to spend our afternoons together! Right now he is playing lego star wars on the wii and Jack is snoozing. Breastfeeding has gotten much easier this past week, and Jack's crankiness seems to have disappeared. He smiles and talks a lot now, and in the words of Brad Pitt, he just slays me

As for TTC, we have decided to try for #2 in March of 2010! That way, if we are lucky enough to conceive on our first try, I will be at least 18 months between the section and my vbac. It will most likely take longer then one month though, of course. I look forward to getting the baby making over with within the next 5 years Plus, after my birth experience I know I could handle a natural birth no problemo (I managed 3 hours of pushing on my back a stuck posterior baby with no epi and maxed out pit after all). So barring developing pre-e again (unlikely) or some other horrible ailment, I look forward to experiencing that in the near-ish future! (Angela got me all excited! )
August 3rd, 2009, 05:08 PM
Frozendesire's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Frozendesire
Great idea! And I totally agree about the losing interest once baby is a certain age haha.

Hmm.. Dustin is growing lots he's 17lbs 4oz. Eating lots Just had his first formula bottle a couple nights ago while staying with Grandma and he did great! But he's still a nursing champ. He's my little booby baby.

We'll officially start conceiving in Jan I think!

August 3rd, 2009, 05:53 PM
misfitinmn's Avatar little miss needs a nap
Send a message via AIM to misfitinmn
What a great idea!

We are doing well, here. I'm pretty sure Ben is teething, he has not been napping well and has been super cranky! He's walking everywhere now, he learned how in the space of less than a week, and now he just LOVES to walk around babbling. I am totally sad that he's growing up so fast, but he is SO much fun to watch and he learns SO fast (except to talk, he isn't interested in saying any words!).

We will probably TTC around Nov 2009-Jan 2010. I would love a fall baby, but would be happy with another mid to late summer baby, too!

many thanks to trish for this cutest of siggies!
August 3rd, 2009, 07:31 PM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
Everything is settling back down here now that we are getting into a routine and DH is learning to function on broken sleep. DH has been working from home lately, but has to go back to school at the end of this month. I go back to work Mid-September. Johnathan is very gassy and fussy and we think its my breast milk, so we are supplementing 2-3 bottles with soy formula to see if it helps. Mylicon drops and gripe water don't work JJ just outgrew newborn diapers, but still is wearing newborn clothes. I am pretty much 99.9% back to my old self (11 pounds to go to get to pre-IVF weight!). I am looking forward to hitting the gym next month and getting into shape!

We are planning our FET for either summer 2010/2011. I do not want to be in my 3rd trimester in the late summer months again (although this time wasn't too bad since it rained here for 6 weeks and was cold!)
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
August 3rd, 2009, 08:45 PM
HopeWishWait's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Conner is doing awesome!! Gaining weight (I can tell trying to pick him up ) Not sure how big he is yet for sure but will find out at the end of the month for his 6 month appointment...6 MONTHS already!!! He's talking and laughing (like a real person laugh!) all the time now and I'm just falling more and more in love with my little man all the time

The TTC Question: We'll be waiting for at least 3 years before we start for our 2nd because Nic will be getting deployed starting early next year and we really want him to be able to be there for everything, unlike he was with Conner (missed all the first appointments and the ultrasounds) so whenever he's done with his last deployment we get to start trying!! I can't wait, my baby fever is kicking in

August 3rd, 2009, 09:20 PM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Up and down around here, Matthew had a low grade fever for several days, some type of virus we think, then he got better, but today was bad. I think either from him spitting up some of his meds yesterday (leading to more reflux today) or because when I take him out like I did today, he never naps well when he's out and about which makes him overtired and makes the rest of the day crappy. Anyway, things are still a lot better than they used to be. I am really starting to love breastfeeding. Now that I am not so sleep deprived I think all the time about how lucky I am to have my little boy.

TTC question...I'm guessing maybe around when Matthew is a year old we'll start. I'm not sure though. I think 2 years apart would be good but who knows how long it will take. Maybe we'll NTNP at some point if I can be not obsessive. Of course that means we'll actually have to start DTD again.

August 3rd, 2009, 09:34 PM
NewportMamaBear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to NewportMamaBear
Leo is doing well. He will be 11 months old in 2 days...Meaning he'll be a year in just over a month!!! I can't believe it. He crawls now and pulls himself up to standing. He is full of energy and loves playing in the lake.
As for TTC #2--the soonest will probably be 2011, maybe 2012.
August 3rd, 2009, 10:23 PM
SandKmommy's Avatar Seamus and Kieran's Mommy
I know I bored people(could tell by the replies I get compared to others) with my kiddos. They are doing fine, we may or may not try to have another if we do wont be for 3-4yrs.

August 4th, 2009, 12:36 AM
*Fiona*
IKWYM Justine, I feel this way too I can't get over how different Kieran looks in your siggy!!

Kirsty is doing great. Since she accepted taking a dummy (soother) about 2 weeks ago, her nighttime sleep improved dramatically and her daytime sleep - I don't BF her to sleep anymore

Nighttime sleep has been a bit off the past 2 nights, she seems to think 4:30/5am is time to get up Hopefully it's a passing phase.

She has 3 small solids meals per day now. Is almost sitting up by herself. Can roll from back to tummy but then she is stuck lol! Still loves her boobyjuice.

Oh and the TTC: I'm sad to say, never. The more Kirsty grows, the more I really want to do this all again in a few years time, but sadly, it just wont be happening

Last edited by *Fiona*; August 4th, 2009 at 12:39 AM.
August 4th, 2009, 05:30 AM
Mars's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Amara is doing great! She was 16lbs 4oz at her 6 month appoint ment so I would estimate that she's about 17lb or just under now at 6 1/2months. She slept from 8:30pm last night until 5:15am this morning which was fantastic but I think it was because she was exhausted from her dat at the beach. She's on solids but still mainly breastfed.

As for TTC, DH and I decided a while ago that if another one was to happen, then we'd welcome "it" but at this point we're not "planning" to have another.

Thank you Helen for my beautiful siggy!
August 4th, 2009, 05:50 AM
Resi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I like this idea.

IF we have another baby Jan 2011 is the date I like to try.

Update on Oliver.. He says Dada, Hi, Boo (I always hide around the corner and say BOO to him), Hi Dada, and he has said Mama a few times. This past weekend he started standing for a few seconds on his own before he falls. He is starting to get brave about letting go. He started eating small bites of our food when we eat our dinner. He can pick up puffs and put them in his mouth. He still loves to look at books and turn the pages. He also likes to walk with us holding his hands. He is getting to be such a big baby boy! I'm so proud of him.

Oh! I forgot to add that Oliver has his two top teeth showing now. It was a long time before they finally broke through! Sleeping is about the same.. He nurses a couple times per night usually.
August 4th, 2009, 05:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I like this idea, too, and like reading everyone's updates. Hallie is a little over 9 months old now and it seems like she changes every day. She weighs almost 20 pounds and is 29 inches long (which is like the 90th percentile). She crawls super fast, loves to climb stairs (with supervision of course), pulls up on everything, cruises on furniture, and absolutely flies while pushing her walking toy. She says dada, hi, and has said mama a couple times but only when she has food in her mouth--. She's finally beginning to sleep better at night, either only getting up once or not at all--thank goodness!

As for TTC, we are talking about it and praying about it right now. The earliest would be around her 1st birthday (October) and the latest would be March of next year.

August 5th, 2009, 06:54 AM
n/a
Justine & Fi I like reading about you, even if I dont always respond. So be sure to at least repond here
August 5th, 2009, 12:30 PM
IamMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Great idea Michelle - the preggos are definintely interesting but this is so great to hear updates on the kiddos all in one place....and Justine you and your kiddos are NOT boring!

Harrison and Nora are good. Harrison is learning his alphabet and can recognize many letters....he's so smart . He told me the other night that he "peed out of his butt"....and I knew that was diarrhea - just the one time so I"m not sure what it was...he told me it was because he "ate sand at school". He cracks me up! He's still an awesome big brother and Nora is starting to smile and laugh at him so that makes him feel really special !!!

Nora is growing, she'll be 8 weeks on Friday - woah!...She's smiling and laughing at us - we love it. She is doing mostly formula during the day now because I'm either at work with her or she's home with daddy. She still does boobie at night and on weekends as much as we can....so far partial weaning is going great. I'm proud of myself for BF'ing this long I must say!

I'm feeling great... back to working out now a bit... I'm actually now 1 pound below my pre-pregnancy weight so DH is getting on my case although I'm not trying to lose weight it's just happening trying to take care of two kiddos and working and all that.....oh well

We will never be TTC ever again. We are done - three kids is enough. David has his girl so all is right in the world. David is schedule for his big V on Sept. 1 but he's thinking of postponing it again...I hope this isn't a recurring theme...because he's doing a triatholon on Sept 19th and he doesn't want recovery to cut into his training time. He won't DTD with me until he has it done...AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH...that sucks but oh well...another baby at this point would be really really not good for us.

"Children too are a gift from the LORD, the fruit of the womb, a reward."
Psalm 127:3

August 5th, 2009, 02:41 PM
Bre+Will=Reid
I love the updates!

Reid will be 11 months told tomorrow! He FINALLY cut some teeth- his two bottom ones and one on top. He has been a bit crankier, but not too bad. He is waking up twice at night instead of just once which is a bummer, but DH and I each take one, so it could be worse. Reid is starting to stand on his own without support and has taken a couple of "falling" steps (where he is trying to take steps but is falling in the process, lol). I think he should probably be walking by his first birthday, but we'll see!

I don't know when we will TTC next. We're not ready for another one yet, financially or emotionally (I'm exhaused with just one!), however, I don't want them to be too far apart. We may TTC late next year, but we are playing it by ear. Some days I really look forward to it, and other days I am totally content where we are!
August 7th, 2009, 06:07 PM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
London is doing great. He has been very busy and now has his own email, facebook, blog (work in progress will share when ready!), and photo album sites. Plus he lost his cord stump yesterday, today troy found out why you should always cover a penis when changing a diaper and tonight he is getting his first bath He has cried like three times (during his PKU test, Car seat installation test and chiropractor appointment --because he was hungry and I wasn't feeding him ) I have such a calm little man

TTC--I'm thinking in a year about.
August 8th, 2009, 08:24 AM
LisanAndy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Whoa, I went MIA again LoL. It was my birthday and my dad's, my BIL's birthday, trying to enjoy time outside with the family, and the girls are going through some transitions at the moment. I've been lurking every few days though but haven't found the time to post. It's been exhausting but fun and exciting here recently.

Taylor: Well she'll be 22 months old tomorrow. She's saying 3 and 4 word sentences and going poop and potty on her potty chair EVERY DAY I can't believe she's almost 2! She's definitely got a little attitude and wants things her way. She LOVES Rylie and loves trying to play with her.

Rylie: She's 4.5 months old today! She's eating cereal now and.... yesterday I just started the process of weaning her from the breast I made it longer then I ever anticipated so I'm proud of myself for that. She just won't eat from my breast anymore. She just yanks on it with her gums and bites and fusses. She'd never had a bottle until yesterday because she woldn't eat) and she loved it. She even is trying to hold it now. It's so bittersweet for me but I am glad that, once my supply of pumped milk runs out she'll be around 5 months old, she had EBM for 5 months. We'll be starting her on fruits and veggies fairly soon which is exciting! She's rolling over in both directions, is sitting for 10-15 seconds at a time by herself, switches objects from hand to hand, and is an all around happy baby.

TTC question: We've discussed this and we totally feel content with the 2 we have but we haven't closed the door on the idea. We both agree that when Taylor is 5 and Rylie's 3.5 that we might TTC then but it depends on where we are emotionally, financially, and if we really want to go through the sleepless nights/baby stage again LoL

Is baby Aubrey Alana or Jacob Robert?!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search