Work at home mommy

WTTC Graduates

For WTTC Members who are now TTC or pregnant.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To WTTC Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 4th, 2009, 01:55 PM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well I am getting an opportunity to maybe do some work at home. My husband has a family member who makes bacteria commerically (for cleaning purposes, etc) and they had some customers who wanted someone to do bacteria counts for them. They set me up with an incubator, microscope and stuff but it never really took off, I never got calls except for like one time. And it was actually pretty stressful, because it had been awhile since I had done it, and the guy was kind of questioning if my results were right, etc.

So now this other company wants me to do counts for them. And I was totally honest with him and told him I had just had a baby and was very rusty, out of practice, hadn't done many counts lately and that counts can be pretty subjective (like two people could do the same one and get different results). He still acts like he really wants me to do them for him.

Sooo, it looks like I'll be doing some work at home if it works out. I'm just kind of nervous about it and not really confident in myself. Also I'm a little worried about balancing that and Matthew's needs. Some of the setting up and so forth I really can't be interupted during it. Maybe about an hour or so, maybe a bit longer, I'd need to be uninterrupted. The rest of the time it wouldn't be too big a deal if I had to stop and tend to Matthew for a bit.

Making some money would make me feel like I'm contributing to our income so that we could have some extra. I'm already thinking about how I could buy an Ergo and not feel guilty about spending the money...

August 4th, 2009, 02:01 PM
HopeWishWait's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's great! I'm sure you will be great at it and figure out how to do that while taking care of Matthew quickly. Congrats

August 4th, 2009, 02:08 PM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thats great Shannon!!! I hope you get the work!
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

August 4th, 2009, 02:52 PM
ETanny's Avatar Mamma 2 Moo & Pops
Send a message via MSN to ETanny
I hope it works out for you

August 4th, 2009, 03:31 PM
~*Bethy*~'s Avatar Ian, Morgan and Isabella!
that sounds promising! im sure once hes got his 12pm naptime down you can do your uninterrupted work during that!
Momma to Ian (8), Morgan (7) and Isabella (4) - Expecting baby #4 in Oct. 2014!

HAVE YOU TAKEN YOUR PRENATAL??
We are TEAM BLUE
August 4th, 2009, 03:37 PM
*Anna*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds interesting. Hope you get it!!!
August 4th, 2009, 03:57 PM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Bethy*~ View Post
that sounds promising! im sure once hes got his 12pm naptime down you can do your uninterrupted work during that!
His long nap (if he takes a long one) is usually in the morning, so I may have to try and do it then. Right now he's just kind of unpredictable as far as when and how long he will nap for.

August 4th, 2009, 04:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
that sounds great!!
August 4th, 2009, 05:11 PM
Mars's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It would be great if you could find a way to get it worked out and you got the job. Good luck!

Thank you Helen for my beautiful siggy!
August 4th, 2009, 06:18 PM
Resi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think it sounds like a great opportunity and you will do fine! You will un-rust after some practice! lol.. The hour of setting up does sound a bit challenging but it's worth a shot. GL!
August 4th, 2009, 08:58 PM
*kyle*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Even if you're rusty, you'll quickly re-learn all of those skills. Don't worry! If you get the job, just do your best. I'm sure you will make mistakes (who doesn't?) but you will be competent enough to start with, and then over time, you'll get better and better. I hope it works out for you!

August 5th, 2009, 03:19 AM
*Fiona*

Could Matthew go under his gym in the same room as you whilst you set up, like right before nap time, then BF him & set him for his nap whilst you do your work?

Give it another few weeks & I think he will have settled into lengthening his daytime sleeps. Kirsty I *think* began to lengthen at around 4-5 months or so. Most days she has 1.5hrs in the morning - like Matthew, her biggest sleep. Then typically 1-1.5hrs at lunch and 30-60mins around 4pm.
August 5th, 2009, 09:48 AM
ImperfectMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think that sounds like a great opportunity. While it may take a little tweaking in the beginning to work out a routine, once you get it down I think it'll work out just fine.
August 5th, 2009, 09:29 PM
n/a
Hey that's great! It is worth a shot to try it and see if it works with Matthews schedule. And the skillz will come back to you right away I bet. And if they don't--hey you warned them!
August 5th, 2009, 10:18 PM
n/a
oops

Last edited by n/a; August 6th, 2009 at 06:35 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search