Do you have any tattoos/piercings?

WTTC Graduates

For WTTC Members who are now TTC or pregnant.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To WTTC Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 6th, 2009, 09:57 AM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How many?

How old were you when you got them?

If you were underage, did your mom or dad sign for you?

I dont see too many random, gtky type threads around here anymore so I thought i'll start doing some to let us learn new things about eachother and get to know eachother better!
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

August 6th, 2009, 10:06 AM
ANGWife
How many? I have 2 holes in one ear and 3 in the other. I also have a tattoo on the top of my left foot. It's a "D" for my maiden name.

How old were you when you got them? Earrings were at 12, 18, and 19. Tattoo was my 23 birthday

If you were underage, did your mom or dad sign for you? My parents said no earrings until I was 13, but then bent the rule because the same month I got braces and my first period. haha my mom thought I needed something positive.
August 6th, 2009, 10:16 AM
midnight_starr's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How many? 2 tattoos, 2 holes in each ear and my cartilage in one ear, used to have belly button but its closed now..

How old were you when you got them? first earring holes I was like 9 months old, second hole and cartilage I was like 13, belly button 17, first tattoo 18, second tattoo like 19/20ish...

If you were underage, did your mom or dad sign for you? My mom had to sign for me to get my belly button done!
Baby #2 due January 2014!

August 6th, 2009, 10:29 AM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How many? 2 tattoos (getting a 3rd on our honeymoon!) and 12 piercings (alot are not visible though, so im not like one of those all tatted and pierced up people )

How old were you when you got them? 1st tattoo i was 14 YIKES! I dont know how i convinced my mom of that bright idea, it was stupid, horrible parenting. Second was on my 22nd b-day last year. Piercings were all over the place, my first ear holes when i was 6 months up until my 2nd belly button ring (i had the top done, then got the bottom) at 21.

If you were underage, did your mom or dad sign for you? My parents are divorced. my dad signed for my belly button without asking my mom, then my mom found out and went nuts on my dad. Then a year later she signed for my tattoo. Then a year or so later she signed for my nose and tongue piercing.
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

August 6th, 2009, 10:32 AM
SandKmommy's Avatar Seamus and Kieran's Mommy
I have 1 tattoo
I was 17 when I got it, it was my 18th bday present(a week before I turned 18) from my mom, yes she had to sign, and it cost her $150

I've also had tons of piercings and I still would if they didn't close. I got my lip done at 17 and my nose a few months after that and my mom had to sign both times. I got my tongue done just after 18. My nose I had to let close up because every time dh kissed me his nose would hook it and pull it out, my tongue I accidentally swallowed it and I left the bar out for a week and went to put it in and it was closed(after having it done for over 2yrs!) and my lip is the one that makes me the maddest! I got my lip done in October 2004, in March of 2008 I took it out for a week for work, I went to put it back in and it closed in the middle! I'm getting my nose and lip redone when we get the extra cash(or having a friend do it), my lip is still open on either side i couldn probably re open the middle myself but I'm scared to do it.

And my ears have had tons in them, I had/have 3 holes on each lower ear but only the bottom 2 are open cause the 3 ones got infected, and i've had the cartalage pierced on my left 3 times and right twice but my ears can't handle piercings unless its 24K gold so they get infected so I end up having to let them close.

August 6th, 2009, 10:34 AM
CandaceDianne's Avatar Lilyan's Mommy
How many? 1 tattoo and 3 piercings...used to have 3 in my cartlidge and 1 in my nose

How old were you when you got them? Gosh....all throughout my life really. My tattoo was when I was 18 or 19....I regret it. Its nothing tacky or in an obvious place. Its just a butterfly on my lower back, but I still just regret it.

If you were underage, did your mom or dad sign for you? My parents did sign for my earrings if I was underage...my first cartlidge piercing I was 16 and they didnt ask for ID, so I didnt need an guardians signature.

Born June 5, 2010
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
August 6th, 2009, 11:04 AM
Platinum Supermommy
1 tattoo, its a lotus flower on my lower back, i got it when i was 18 i believe wow it was so long ago now! i didn't get permission from my mom, so i must have been 18. i told my mom it was fake for like a year at LEAST - LOL.

i have 4 holes in my earlobes, first set i got as a baby, second set when i was around 15 probably, my mom took me. i had my nose pierced too in highschool at some point, but it got SO badly infected i have a scar to this day and probably will still have it when i die! i also have my belly button pierced and i just got a new skull ring for it and sadly it has closed up, boooo.
August 6th, 2009, 11:11 AM
IamMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How many? I have three earring holes in each ear, and one tattoo. I used to have a piercing in the top of my one ear but I let it close up shortly after I got it because I had to take it out to interview for jobs.

How old were you when you got them? I was 25 when I got my tattoo - on my birthday - I got it while my hubby was on deployment as a surprise...it is on my hip and its a cross with an "R" in it for Rutland, and a D, K, and B (for me hubby and DSS) I have to go and get my kids initials put in it now that I am done having babies!

I was like 10-12 when I first got my ears pierced, the second holes were in high school, and the third was like when I was 22 or 23.

If you were underage, did your mom or dad sign for you? N/A

"Children too are a gift from the LORD, the fruit of the womb, a reward."
Psalm 127:3

August 6th, 2009, 11:24 AM
Resi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How many? Only my ears now. I had several piercings when I was younger. Lip, nose, monroe, belly button.. I never was interested in tattoo's. Not my thing.

How old were you when you got them? 18 to 22

If you were underage, did your mom or dad sign for you? No. I tried to hide them from family.
August 6th, 2009, 11:27 AM
Mars's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I only have ear piercings. Two holes in each ear.

Thank you Helen for my beautiful siggy!
August 6th, 2009, 11:28 AM
ScottishBrit's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ScottishBrit
Let's see....I have 3 tattoo's the first on my ankle when I just turned 18. I told my mom I wanted to get a small one on my ankle and she paided for it. But It turned out to be a lot bigger then what she expected so she FREAKED out ( and still talks about it to this day ) and 2 others on my back. Not sure how old I was but somewhere in my early 20's. At one point I had 11 piercing's but now I only have 3. I only have 1 in each ear but im sure if i put ear rings in the others they would re open. I do miss my nose ring though.
August 6th, 2009, 12:35 PM
CandaceDianne's Avatar Lilyan's Mommy
What is a monroe? Sorry, if I should know what that is.

Born June 5, 2010
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
August 6th, 2009, 12:39 PM
~*Bethy*~'s Avatar Ian, Morgan and Isabella!
monroe is the "marlyn monroe" piercing that is right above your lip on the side, remember her mole she had above her lip? Madonna has one too (sometimes is named the madonna)

I have 2 holes in each ear, mom paid for both, i was 8 and 14

Tattoo is the Hanoverian brand they brand on purebreds, my first horse (and the love of my life) is a Hanoverian/TB and I got it as a tribute to him, will finish by putting his registered name underneith it...I was almost 21 when I got it, my friend did it for me.

~Beth

ETA: Im such a dork - I have my nose and the middle of my bottom lip pierced as well!
Momma to Ian (8), Morgan (7) and Isabella (4) - Expecting baby #4 in Oct. 2014!

HAVE YOU TAKEN YOUR PRENATAL??
We are TEAM BLUE

Last edited by ~*Bethy*~; August 6th, 2009 at 02:10 PM.
August 6th, 2009, 01:21 PM
HopeWishWait's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have no tattoos or piercings! I tried getting my ears pierced when I was about 10 but when the lady started coming towards me with the gun I covered both my ears and screamed I just couldn't do it and I've never tried again. I was pretty convinced I could never get a tattoo either but now I figure.....it can't hurt worse than labor and I got an epidural knowing what THAT needle looked like, how bad can it be?

August 6th, 2009, 01:35 PM
ImperfectMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How many? 3 piercings, but I used to have more. I currently have 2 in one ear and 1 in the other. I used to a cartilage piercing, but it kept getting infected so I took it out. I also used to have my tongue pierced, but took it out when I graduated and had to interview for jobs...

How old were you when you got them? I was probably 12 or 13 when I got my ears done. Then I got the cartilage and second ear piercing when I was 15/16. I got the tongue piercing on my 18th birthday and to this day my mom swears I did it to spite her (um, okay... I've never done anything to spite my mom, so I don't know why she thinks this ).

If you were underage, did your mom or dad sign for you? My mom did for the first piercings, but it wasn't necessary for any of the others.

I currently don't have any tattoos. The only one I ever wanted was a cymbidium orchid on my big toe, BUT every time I've looked into it the tattoo artists says he won't "guarantee" a toe tattoo since the ink tends to bleed. I guess I just don't want to go through all of that to simply have a big blotch of color that doesn't look like anything.

August 6th, 2009, 01:40 PM
*Mrs.J.2011*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have 7 holes (total) in my ears, 1 in my nose, used to have my navel and tongue.
I have 3 tats (getting a 4th in the next 6 months for our bean we lost) butterfly on my ankle, shamrock on my foot and dave matthews fire dancer on my wrist (Chris has one on his forearm)

ages? wow
ears: 5, 14, 16, 18, 21
nose: 18
navel: 19
tongue: 18

tats 20, 21, 22 (I'll be 24 in Feb so I'll either be 23 or 24 with the next one)

Missing our little "Duckie" since 06-22-09
August 6th, 2009, 04:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I only have my ears and belly button. I was a baby when I got my ears done, 14 for my belly button... my dad took me. He only said "ask your mom" because he thought my mom would say no, but much to his surprise she bargained! She said I could get it if I promised I would never get a tattoo (at the time I wanted a dolphin over my belly button). So I went for it and haven't gotten a piercing since. I also kept my promise, no tattoos... which I am really happy about because I grew into a no tattoo kind of woman (not that there are anything wrong with tattoos, just not for me). I've taken out my belly button ring, though, and haven't worn earrings in years!

Thank you GraysMama for my beautiful siggy!
August 6th, 2009, 05:10 PM
*kyle*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I only have my ears pierced. No tattoos. I will probably never get any either.

August 7th, 2009, 02:30 AM
ETanny's Avatar Mamma 2 Moo & Pops
Send a message via MSN to ETanny
I have my ears dobne - i had them done when i was like 5.
I did get my belly button done on my 14th Birthday but had to take it out when i had my appendix out when i was 16

I got my 1st tattoo as an 18th Birthday pressie, I got my 2nd 6 months later and then i got my last one last week, so i am 21 now

August 7th, 2009, 02:34 AM
ETanny's Avatar Mamma 2 Moo & Pops
Send a message via MSN to ETanny
I have my ears dobne - i had them done when i was like 5.
I did get my belly button done on my 14th Birthday but had to take it out when i had my appendix out when i was 16

I got my 1st tattoo as an 18th Birthday pressie, I got my 2nd 6 months later and then i got my last one last week, so i am 21 now

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search