Casually TTC VS NTNP

WTTC Graduates

For WTTC Members who are now TTC or pregnant.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To WTTC Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 6th, 2009, 08:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
whats the freaking difference? Hubby said tonight after I told him my plan of having sex everynight till after I ovulate, and he said "well we dont have to have sex everynight" and I looked at him weird and he proceeded to say "well you only want sex every night to be sure you get pregnant" uhh..DUH?! Isnt that the point?!

So do I still temp and chart and ask for sex everynight or do I just "NTNP" or "Casually TTC" Uhhg..men.

~Beth
August 7th, 2009, 05:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think most places say to dtd every other day to avoid low sperm counts. Eh, who knows?!

NTNP for us is still temping/charting but dtd whenever, whatever and no protection except sperm-unfriendly k-y. Casually ttc for us would be the same as above except to switch to pre-seed. Full-out ttc would be to dtd a lot more during O time, especially a.m. bd'ing as that's when I have the most ewcm.
August 7th, 2009, 05:52 AM
ANGWife
For me it's impossible to have the difference. I know my body too well and can make a good guess to when it's O time. So I understand where you're coming from!
August 7th, 2009, 06:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Sounds to me like he wants to know that you want booty because you want HIM, not necessarily for ttc reasons. My DH is like that too.

Thank you GraysMama for my beautiful siggy!
August 7th, 2009, 06:18 AM
szczepanski's Avatar nakmaster
Awww!! Well you don't have to do it every night after O. Just a few times before O, when you get that positive OPK, until the OPK is negative and a couple times after for "insurance" purposes.

Maybe you can switch it up and attack him in the AM or the afternoons? That way you get "double coverage" with the spermies, hehe. Thats what we did!

August 7th, 2009, 08:10 AM
Mars's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by *krista* View Post
Sounds to me like he wants to know that you want booty because you want HIM, not necessarily for ttc reasons. My DH is like that too.

Thank you Helen for my beautiful siggy!
August 7th, 2009, 09:23 AM
ImperfectMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Tell him to suck it up, that you're on a mission! But I'm mean and that's what I told my hubbie. lol. I know that probably doesn't work with most guys...

Maybe just ask him what he prefers. He may not mind sex every day or almost every day, but maybe he just doesn't want to talk about the TTC part of it - kwim?
August 7th, 2009, 10:37 AM
ETanny's Avatar Mamma 2 Moo & Pops
Send a message via MSN to ETanny
I agree with some of the other girls, Maybe catch him by surpise!

August 7th, 2009, 01:08 PM
n/a
Men!
August 7th, 2009, 01:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Lauren your too funny - I told him to suck it up or no sex at all...he zipped his lips rather quickly LOL Hes never had a problem with having sex when I ask, in fact hes more than willing, AM is out because hes up and off for work at 5am and afternoons we have kiddo's up...sooo doesnt really work

Thanks for the input and laughs ladies, I needed it - and yes, I got some last night after all that
August 7th, 2009, 03:28 PM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Men are funny about TTC. Or at least mine was. He didn't like "having" to have sex. But on the other hand he wanted to know when it was "important" to do so, so that he didn't say he was too tired or whatever when we really needed to do it. Double edged sword.

Glad you got some!

August 7th, 2009, 03:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Men are weird. DH liked DTD all the time and knew we were actively ttc, but he did not want to know when the 'important times' were. He said that made him too nervous!
7 lbs 6 oz, 21 inches
August 7th, 2009, 03:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
its so interesting hes all over me 24/7 then I tell him we need to have sex and hes hesitating *but fully wanting to DTD* geez LOL
August 7th, 2009, 09:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yeah, I get what you mean! I chart, so know my body too well to be 'NTNP'. I know that if we DTD around 'O' time, then there's a chance I could get pregnant. Good luck with trying to 'jump' your man whenever you have the chance

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search