Fury over girls breastfed doll

WTTC Graduates

For WTTC Members who are now TTC or pregnant.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To WTTC Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 7th, 2009, 11:38 AM
ETanny's Avatar Mamma 2 Moo & Pops
Send a message via MSN to ETanny
Fury over girls breastfeed toy | The Sun |News

What do you girls think?!

August 7th, 2009, 11:55 AM
Resi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I saw this on the news. I don't see anything wrong with it! Some mother on the news said something about having a doll next that shows how baby's are made. IMO sex and breastfeeding are two different things. BF is nuturing/feeding/comforting my baby. Maybe it's offending mother's that don't or didn't BF? I'm not sure. I think so many women are misinformed and not educated on BF. What's wrong with teaching a young girl that is what breast are for??
August 7th, 2009, 11:55 AM
Mars's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Honestly, I agree with the comments made in the article. I've seen my nieces mimic breastfeeding with their dolls and that's fine but I don't think it's necessary to go as far as to create a breastfeeding doll.

Thank you Helen for my beautiful siggy!
August 7th, 2009, 11:58 AM
^ yeah.. On JM I have heard of several children that mimic breastfeeding with their dolls. I don't think there has to be a doll made for it because kids already do it on there own. At least the kids that know what BF is..

To be honest I have not read the article yet. Off to go read...

Okay.. I can understand some point in the article. But what about baby's that come with bottles? That is teaching girls to bottle feed rather than nurse.
August 7th, 2009, 12:13 PM
Frozendesire's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Frozendesire
Why can't a baby doll be made for showing/teaching/playing breastfeeding? I see NOTHING wrong with that. Is it forced upon children to buy and play with? Uh NO.

Honestly it bothers me that parents will say it SHOULDN'T be made. No it can be made, it just doesn't need to be bought by YOU!

Anyways... haha. I think it's fine. Curtis used to nurse his little bears it's just fun. He didn't even know that bottles were for babies, he thought they just always had boobs to eat haha. He would say no to Grandma when she fed Dustin a bottle

How does nursing a baby doll promote teen pregnancy, but feeding a baby doll a bottle not? Uh, it's one in the same people.

I just think it's stupid that there is "fury" over it. It's a doll, don't like it, don't buy it!

August 7th, 2009, 12:32 PM
n/a
I am LMAO at those comments! B/c you know, wearing a halter top with flowers as nipples and pretending to breastfeed a doll when you are a child is what will lead to teen pregnancy, not the actual sex said child will have as a teenager once she has real boobs and realizes that using them in foreplay is FUN! I mean, who made that comment, a man? What woman has ever gotten her breasts during puberty, and then thought, "wouldn't it be swell to have a baby maw at my nipples like I used to play at when I was a girl!? I'm gonna get knocked up!" Girls don't get pregnant b/c they found a toy to be "so enjoyable". They get pregnant b/c they find the SEX to be so enjoyable.

You know what doll lead to teen pregnancy? Barbie. I remember what I used to make Barbie and Ken do! I know I wasn't the only one, fess up ladies!!

And am I the only one that stuffed fruit in my top as a child to pretend I had big boobahs? I did that once and then stood at our apt window so the boys that lived there could see me and my sexy new chest. Too many R rated movies as a child and that's what happens!
August 7th, 2009, 12:40 PM
^ Lots of good points made. I made my barbies have sex all the time. I made them lesbians too.
August 7th, 2009, 12:43 PM
n/a
^HAHAHAHAHA! I made them have lots of group sex too
August 7th, 2009, 12:52 PM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
LMAO Michelle!

I don't have a problem with the doll at all, after all they have dolls that come with little bottles to feed them. Now, if I had a girl, I would not go pay big money for a BFing doll though. All they have to do is lift the doll up to their chest, same thing, no batteries needed!

Dh thought it was funny that the doll was called Baby Glutton and he was calling Matthew Baby Glutton while he was BFing last night.

August 7th, 2009, 01:00 PM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh and have those people even SEEN those Bratz dolls?! Hootchie!!!!

August 7th, 2009, 01:01 PM
*Fiona*
I don't see anything wrong with it, but I'm in two minds about whether a specific doll is needed for BFing. Why not just a typical doll. But again, I see nothing wrong with it at all. BFing is part of nature.

Going back years & years, BM was all that was available, it's not "wrong" or "bad". And over the last few weeks I have taken these things on board & am much more confident about BFing in public. I do every Friday when I take Kirsty swimming!

I BF & am proud I will teach Kirsty that boobies are baby nutriotion as well as other things when the time is right.
August 7th, 2009, 01:03 PM
Mars's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Steph, you are quite true that it is the parents who make the decision to purchase if they think it's appropriate or to not purchase if they think otherwise. This is why I usually choose not to be bothered by products when they are deemed inappropriate, etc. I'm bothered by products with defects.

I have to agree that I would not have automatically linked the dolls to anything sexual but I can understand the comments by the other persons. I do think that our children are more aware of things at an earlier age than we were and to me they see to understand and grasp things quicker as well. That's just my opinion.

As for the making out dolls, I'm guilty too. Unlike Michelle, I do not recall making mine have group sex. LMAO!!

Thank you Helen for my beautiful siggy!
August 7th, 2009, 01:08 PM
n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonMVT View Post
Oh and have those people even SEEN those Bratz dolls?! Hootchie!!!!
I know! Between that and 15 year old movie stars and singers that look 28, I am scared to have a daughter!

Even though I don't see anything "wrong" with the doll, I wouldn't buy it! Well, I might just to see people's reactions to Jack walking around nursing his baby doll
August 7th, 2009, 01:11 PM
aBookasmommy
I dont see anything wrong with the doll either. I like that you brought up Bratz Shannon!! Great point, mothers are mad about a doll that teaches something natural and beautiful BUT they buy their daughters a friggin doll that has NO clothes on basicaly and is caked in makeup!! Kennedi will NEVER have a Bratz doll. I think their disgusting!!

And I too made my barbies have sex!
August 7th, 2009, 01:39 PM
JediRach's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to JediRach
I don't see a problem with it.

Harper Elizabeth
July 26, 2010
7 pounds, 6 ounces and 19 1/2 inches long

August 7th, 2009, 02:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
^^ OMG you guys are crackin me up!!

Id rather buy this doll for DD than the bratz! She will NEVER have a bratz!! I limit her barbies too.

~Beth
August 7th, 2009, 03:01 PM
SandKmommy's Avatar Seamus and Kieran's Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozendesire View Post
Why can't a baby doll be made for showing/teaching/playing breastfeeding? I see NOTHING wrong with that. Is it forced upon children to buy and play with? Uh NO.

Honestly it bothers me that parents will say it SHOULDN'T be made. No it can be made, it just doesn't need to be bought by YOU!

Anyways... haha. I think it's fine. Curtis used to nurse his little bears it's just fun. He didn't even know that bottles were for babies, he thought they just always had boobs to eat haha. He would say no to Grandma when she fed Dustin a bottle

How does nursing a baby doll promote teen pregnancy, but feeding a baby doll a bottle not? Uh, it's one in the same people.

I just think it's stupid that there is "fury" over it. It's a doll, don't like it, don't buy it!

Most dolls are made with bottles of "milk" to mimic formula, should I be mad and furious over that because I don't formula feed my children, no, I dont tell them that its disgusting and they should't make the dolls because they are fed a different way then I want my children fed and taught how babies are fed. I think its nice they are finally coming out with dolls that support bf.

August 7th, 2009, 03:06 PM
*Fiona*
Is it odd that my barbies were virgins??
August 7th, 2009, 03:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
fi
August 7th, 2009, 04:01 PM
Bre+Will=Reid
I personally would not want my daughter to have the doll, but I don't think its anything to be outraged over either. I will teach my children that women have breasts because that is how we feed our babies. I guess I wouldn't want my daughter playing with that doll because there are pervs and sickos (and immature boys! lol) who will look at it as something different than nourishing a baby.

I would NEVER let my daughter have the Bratz dolls. Just look at the name!

...and yes, I made my barbies have sex! lol.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search