Today it hit me

WTTC Graduates

For WTTC Members who are now TTC or pregnant.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To WTTC Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 8th, 2009, 05:32 PM
ImperfectMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have less than 9 weeks to go until I'm a mommy! I don't mean this in a negative way, but when I realized this I actually felt panic! Fear! Uncertainty! All that fun stuff... Then I started doing an insane amount of laundry (baby bedding, diapers, etc.) because I felt like I had to have control over something! That and I realized that I REALLY need to get better about doing my kegels and practicing my breathing if I want to have a chance of making it through a natural birth!!

BTDT preggo's and mommy's, did you ever have a moment like that where it all kinda hit you? How did you react?
August 8th, 2009, 05:54 PM
A*LOT*OF*HOPE's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, im not a mommy, but I think it is perfectly normal. Did i miss something, are you having a girl or a boy??
August 8th, 2009, 06:17 PM
We're pretty sure it's a girl. The doctor couldn't tell us for certain, so I think we're like 85% sure? They won't do another ultrasound, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see! No biggie since we went with a lot of greens and neutrals for the staple items, which we planned to do anyway just so we can use them for our next baby as well.
August 8th, 2009, 07:39 PM
A*LOT*OF*HOPE's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay for a baby girl!!! Any names picked out yet??
August 8th, 2009, 07:53 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've never experienced it either but i'd assume it's normal to feel nervous. I'm sure you'll do great

August 8th, 2009, 08:18 PM
Bre+Will=Reid
Very, very normal This is such an exciting time in pregnancy! Enjoy it!
August 8th, 2009, 08:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad the experts chimed in because all I have is guesses also! Can you believe you are so close?

Thank you GraysMama for my beautiful siggy!
August 8th, 2009, 08:54 PM
~*Bethy*~'s Avatar Ian, Morgan and Isabella!
I flipped out - did like 6 loads of laundry a day I was pretty much ready to go stuff wise, had everything I needed but once I went into the hospital to be induced it hit right as I walked through the doors....its a crazy feeling!! But dont worry its totally normal
Momma to Ian (8), Morgan (7) and Isabella (3) - Expecting baby #4 in Oct. 2014!

HAVE YOU TAKEN YOUR PRENATAL??
August 8th, 2009, 08:59 PM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had several times where I would really stop and it would hit and I'd feel panicky, like holy crap, I am not ready! The last instance was when my water broke, I freaked out a little because I knew it was really about to happen! It is totally normal. After all, your life is about to change forever. But it's so awesome when it does.

Just take advantage of getting stuff done now! I'm glad for everything I did before baby got here because once he was here I didn't have the time or energy.

August 8th, 2009, 09:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Only 9 weeks! It's hard to believe. I am only 4 wks behind you and it feels like just yesterday that we got our bfp's.
7 lbs 6 oz, 21 inches
August 8th, 2009, 10:19 PM
ScottishBrit's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ScottishBrit
Thats crazy, time is flying by. It's normal to be nervous but enjoy it while you can!!!
August 8th, 2009, 10:23 PM
Frozendesire's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Frozendesire
Totally normal I freaked out around the same time with Curtis! It just hit me and I panicked as well. Doing cleaning, setting things up, making lists helps alot!! I was so cool and collect with Dustin, until my water broke!! EEp then I went alittle crazy haha, I had LOTS still to do!

August 9th, 2009, 03:43 AM
Mars's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh yeh, totally normal!!! I didn't really panic per se but I remember feeling a bit overwhelmed about what I needed to get done when I neared my due date.

Thank you Helen for my beautiful siggy!
August 9th, 2009, 03:04 PM
*kyle*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm still in the second trimester, and I've had that panicky feeling too.

I think doing laundry, cleaning, organizing, setting things up can all help you to feel more prepared. There is only so much you can do and then bam! You will have a baby to take up all of your energy!

You are so close, but you still have a ways to go, I hope you'll continue to just enjoy being pregnant for now and not let it all overwhelm you!

August 9th, 2009, 03:44 PM
ETanny's Avatar Mamma 2 Moo & Pops
Send a message via MSN to ETanny
its totaly normal! All of a sudden i got this urge to clean and make sure everything was ready!

August 10th, 2009, 08:10 AM
aBookasmommy
It hit me at about the same time your at now. It has hit me a couple times after that..now Im just at the stage where its like alright baby girl COME ON!! I think once Im in labor then Ill be hit by it again!! Its completely normal!
August 10th, 2009, 11:34 AM
Good to know I'm not insane. I've since calmed down again and am able to breath, so all is well. hahaha.

As for names, yes we have the name picked out. Um, well, mainly. We have the first name picked out and it's down to three middle names. That's about all I'll share for now. Sorry to make you wait, but we decided early on not to tell anyone til after the baby is born. At least you don't have to wait too much longer to find out!
August 10th, 2009, 01:05 PM
Resi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think it's normal to feel this way.
August 10th, 2009, 01:55 PM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by freesiangel View Post
Good to know I'm not insane. I've since calmed down again and am able to breath, so all is well. hahaha.

As for names, yes we have the name picked out. Um, well, mainly. We have the first name picked out and it's down to three middle names. That's about all I'll share for now. Sorry to make you wait, but we decided early on not to tell anyone til after the baby is born. At least you don't have to wait too much longer to find out!
I think that makes it exciting when baby is born and the gender and/or name is a surprise! Course I am impatient but makes me even happier to get to hear the baby is born b/c then my curiosity is finally satisfied.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search