Lets talk Diapers!!!

WTTC Graduates

For WTTC Members who are now TTC or pregnant.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To WTTC Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 9th, 2009, 03:43 PM
A*LOT*OF*HOPE's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Every payday DH wants to bu a box of diapers!!!! I think this is a great idea!! we have tons of room to store them. My question is, I would hate to have a ton of diapers that I can't stand!!! We were thinking the the Costco brand(Kirkland I think). Do any of you have a brand you love, or a brand you hate??? I mean we aren't going to buy a lifetime supply or anything, but we just want to have a good stash!!!
August 9th, 2009, 03:45 PM
HopeWishWait's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We use the Huggies Cuddleweave and we love them. I can't recall the name of the brand we used before but we had a lot of problems with leaks, then we switched to these and they've been great. They are very soft too which I like.

August 9th, 2009, 03:46 PM
ETanny's Avatar Mamma 2 Moo & Pops
Send a message via MSN to ETanny
We love love love pampers but we hate huggies.
Huggies always leak for us but Pampers fit Mia like a glove!

Also - I wouldnt buy too many new born sized nappies because babies grow so quick and are not in them for too long !

August 9th, 2009, 04:15 PM
Frozendesire's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Frozendesire
Hmm.. stocking up is hard for diapers.

I love Huggies Supreme. But I switched to Pampers after a while for Curtis. It really depends on the shape of the baby if they work well or not. Also your baby could skip newborn or stay in newborn a while. Size 1 and 2 they might just zoom through or stay in. I would just get a couple of newborn, size 1 and size 2. Maybe a bit more of size 3 as I think that's the longest for most babies.

Diapers are tough to stock up on.

Are you doing jarred baby food??? This is something you could buy whenever they are on sale. I remember in my DDC with Curtis there was a huge sale on for baby food and you could add a coupon as well. Everyone stocked up!! They had TONS of baby food haha.

Oh and wipes! You could stock up on that. I LOVE Pampers Sensitive wipes!

August 9th, 2009, 04:20 PM
niknok's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to niknok
Morgan, I thought us CD mommies had converted you?

Come visit my blog!
August 9th, 2009, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by niknok View Post
Morgan, I thought us CD mommies had converted you?
I know!!! I was converted, Dh on the other hand...not so much!!!! I had to give in!!! If I wanted a doula and home made baby food, I had to give up something!! LOL
August 9th, 2009, 04:43 PM
ANGWife
I know some ladies swear by them but I will never buy a store brand diaper to save money. Working with tons of kids at the daycare and all the different "brands" (Walmart, Food Lion, BJs, etc.) and all of them either leaked, the sticky tabs didn't hold well, or they gave foul odors when the kids peed. It's different for every baby though.

That's my little rant, but I love Pampers. Luvs leaked. Huggies weren't soft enough for me, but they held well. One word of caution, if you have a boy, the newborn diapers with the notch but out for the umbilical cord were a waste of money for me. No matter which way we "tucked" Henry, he leaked out the front! IMO you should get regular newborn dipes and fold down for the cord so it makes a tighter seal. If you want to stock pile, get size 1 and 2. You can get some newborns but they grow SOO fast and if your baby is big to begin with, they won't fit long.

As for wipes, I like Pampers better too. Pampers has these little raised bumps to help collect. Huggies wipes just have these decorative imprints that are SUPPOSE to help.
August 9th, 2009, 06:13 PM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
The costco diapers we don't like because they run SMALL. VERY small and they are not soft at all.

We like Pampers Swaddlers and Huggies -- both with the wetness indicator. J.J just finally outgrew newborn diapers (at almost 3 weeks old). We went through probably.... 200 newborn diapers.
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
August 9th, 2009, 06:44 PM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hmm, I wouldn't stock up on diapers b/c you never know which kind are going to work for you. I HATED those Huggies newborn dipes with the notch cut out, they leaked. We liked the Pampers Swaddlers. We are still using Pampers now for nighttime. The rest of the time he's in cloth. Didn't you say your Dh was all about saving money? You could show him how much you'd save by doing cloth!
You could always take the money and put it in an account to buy the diapers later.

August 9th, 2009, 07:07 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm not planning on stocking up because i've heard every child is different and every person prefers different brands. I think Shannon's idea of putting some money aside for it in the future is really good.

August 9th, 2009, 07:21 PM
Ya shannon, I really like your idea of putting money aside, but doing is a different story!! LOL!! I can't save a penny!!!
August 9th, 2009, 08:33 PM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hide it in a cookie jar!

August 9th, 2009, 11:49 PM
SandKmommy's Avatar Seamus and Kieran's Mommy
If you look at the kirkland and the normal huggies, they are the same just different design(I was also told by quite a few people that they are the same)

We prefer Pampers Swaddlers(then Crusisers) and if we can Huggies Supreme(gentle? They changed the name)

We are going to start CDing though when we get the money to buy some prefolds and covers.

August 10th, 2009, 01:06 AM
aBookasmommy
I like the pampers..I really cant say much about dipes cuz well Kennedi isnt here. But thats what I have for her..and a few huggies.

As for wipes I got pampers, but they seem to dry out real fast..I dont know if its just pampers, but I think Im going to switch..maybe. Once all my pamper wipes are gone.
August 10th, 2009, 05:44 AM
Mars's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm using Huggies Snug and Dry but I don't have a favorite brand or anything. I just use whichever works.

Thank you Helen for my beautiful siggy!
August 10th, 2009, 07:39 AM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My sister will only use the pampers swaddlers!! Ive thought about stocking up on diapers alot!
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

August 10th, 2009, 10:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Just thought I would throw my two cents out there too! I stocked up for Jack! I thought it was a wonderful idea, save money and time going out and buying diapers all the time once he was here. Unfortunately, he was ALOT bigger than his sister and alot bigger than I expected. I ended up having to exchange one pack of NB diapers and got size 1. I had 2 boxes of the size 1-2 (huggies and pampers) and used 2 sleeves of the huggies and he outgrew them! So now I have one full box of size 1's that I will have to take back and exchange, one box of 1-2 and one sleeve of 1-2's that I will just have to give away. Plus, I opened a pack of size 1's that he couldn't end up using b/c they were Luvs and fit alot smaller than the Huggies. So in all, I have pretty much 3 packs I have to give away and 2 boxs I hope to be able to exchange (don't have a receipt)

On the other hand, I also stocked up on wipes and haven't had to buy any yet! That is certainly something I would recommend if you want to stock stuff for the baby! My favorites are the light blue/purple Walmart brand (Parent's choice) sensitive cloth wipes in the travel case. They are cheap and amazingly soft and super "absorbant".

August 10th, 2009, 11:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We bought Huggies in the red pack for Miki. Then switched to Pampers Cruisers. Now she wears panties... YAYYY!
August 10th, 2009, 11:36 AM
*kyle*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This thread has helped me so much. After following the advice of the other mommies of boys, I switched the newborn disposables we registered for from Huggies to Pampers.

I am going to start with some disposables because diapers scare me and DH... well he's a bigger newbie than I am at this! So I'm not going to make things harder on us in the first couple of weeks than necessary.

I'm also registered for gDiapers and will probably dip my toe into the waters of cloth diapers after a couple of weeks to see how I like them. Some parents use cloth inside the gDiapers covers so that may be what I try. I figure that I will change it up once we get a sleeping/feeding schedule down and I'm not as overwhelmed.

August 10th, 2009, 11:52 AM
Miracle's Avatar ♥ Melissa ♥
I think my favorite would be pampers but I'm so cheap... I haven't even used them again since she was a newborn. I just buy the cheap ones at Target or Walmart.. I did use the Kirkland brand ones for awhile but our membership at Costco expired.

I did have a problem with blow-outs when she was younger but I found that if I went up a size in diapers it helped limit them. Now her poop is a different consistency so I don't usually have a problem.

To me, all diapers do the same thing.. some are more luxurious than others (pampers vs. luvs). I guess it's just where you want to spend your money.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search