Baby carriers

WTTC Graduates

For WTTC Members who are now TTC or pregnant.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To WTTC Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 13th, 2009, 09:28 AM
ANGWife
I need advice from BTDT mamas!

So I have a chance to bring Henry to Disney world next month. I don't usually like to wear him, but I've been strongly recommended to get a baby carrier for the theme park and I think it makes sense.

They all look the same to me, but I realize some are better on your back, on baby etc. Can you help me pick one a decent one that isn't too pricey since I won't use it much afterward?
August 13th, 2009, 10:03 AM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I keep hearing great things about Ergos but they are pricey. BUT you could buy it, use it for your vacation and then sell it very easily, probably for close to what you paid for it.

I don't like my Baby Bjorn b/c it hurts my back. I have a Wrap n Wear but it's kind of a pain to figure out and I just never got the hang of it.

August 13th, 2009, 10:04 AM
Frozendesire's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Frozendesire
I have a Moby wrap and I do love it. But it's pricey. Although, like Shannon said you could sell it when your done!

I hear good thing about Ergo's as well.

August 13th, 2009, 10:19 AM
ScottishBrit's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ScottishBrit
I have a sleepy wrap and used it on Cambria when she was little. Before 6 months. Most of the time we used the Bjorn. When we have another baby we will have to buy another carrier cause Cambrias wonderful teeth have eaten through the Bjorn! Ugh! I did want a ergo but they are so pricey. Im borrowing my friends when I go to Seattle next month.
August 13th, 2009, 10:21 AM
szczepanski's Avatar nakmaster
You can also buy fabric to make you own moby wrap for about $9. Just need 5 yds of jersey fabric (stretchy but not too stretchy), cut it so that its 20 inches wide (so if the fabric is 60 inches wide, you end up with 3 wraps, haha). The jersey fabric doesn't fray so if you wash it once, ,the edges just curl up a little bit. Then you fasten it just like a regular moby wrap.

Instructions

Just remember that where the "moby" tag is, its just right in the middle of the length of fabric so that should help you when putting it on. Much cheaper than a real moby, especially since you aren't using it forever!

August 13th, 2009, 10:34 AM
*Anna*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I LOVE my Ergo!!! And I love my moby but in summer its hot and I get sweaty! Heres Alexa sleeping in the Ergo!!! And u may like to wear him more if u wear him in Disney!!! I love wearing Alexa!

oh she isnt sleeping in that one... LOL.. that was when we were in Chicago visiting Angela, Kyle, and Resi
August 14th, 2009, 07:19 AM
ANGWife
What about the Baby Bjorn Active (with the lumbar support)? They have some nice used ones on ebay.

And it will be September in Florida so I'm worried about overheating.

Last edited by ANGWife; August 14th, 2009 at 07:27 AM.
August 14th, 2009, 09:33 AM
*Anna*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANGWife View Post
What about the Baby Bjorn Active (with the lumbar support)? They have some nice used ones on ebay.

And it will be September in Florida so I'm worried about overheating.
Ive heard from many people that BB hurt your back... lumbar support incl)... and the baby is resting on his/her crouch... where ergo and moby, and many others the baby is sitting on their butts and thighs... picture sitting on a bike seat... thats what its like for the baby in a Baby Bjorn. Doesnt sound comfy and its not like the baby will tell u!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search