The curiosity kills me!

WTTC Graduates

For WTTC Members who are now TTC or pregnant.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To WTTC Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 17th, 2009, 07:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
BTDT moms... Do you feel weird after you give birth? Like an I just instantly lost a good 10 pounds that was throwing me off for months kinda weird? I figure you have to get accustomed to it and then once you lose it overcompensate for it, you know?

When you get contractions, does your belly move?

When you start getting a bump, is it uncomfortable in the same way that being really bloated is?

Okay, those are all the random pregnancy questions I can think of.

Thank you GraysMama for my beautiful siggy!
August 17th, 2009, 08:16 PM
*kyle*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can only speak to the bump question, but I will say that usually it doesn't feel uncomfortable. Sometimes I even forget it's there and bump it on things like counters. However, it takes a lot less food for me to get to that so-full-I'm-distended feeling because my stomach is squished up like underneath my ribs. Also, now that I'm 6 months along it's starting to feel heavier and I can definitely feel it on my bladder anytime there's even a little fluid in there.

August 17th, 2009, 08:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Well that's a relief! I always hoped it didn't feel like the distended/bloated feeling, I wouldn't want to feel like that for months! Not that pregnancy is comfortable all the time, but you know what I mean.

So it just feels kinda normal until it gets heavy? (I feel like I'm three asking why the sky is blue! )

August 17th, 2009, 08:32 PM
*kyle*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hmmmm.... I guess at first, when I was in the pants-unbuttoned stage but not yet to the maternity wear stage, it felt a little like bloating. Mostly because regular pants would be just tight enough to cinch me around the stomach. But no, you don't get a constant bloat/stretch/full feeling in your stomach, thank goodness! That would really suck.

I will say though that my tummy skin is getting itchy because it's stretching out more, and that does kind of bother me from time to time.

August 17th, 2009, 08:43 PM
aBookasmommy
I can only answer bump questions as well.. but soon Ill be able to come and finish the other question!!

I think cuz you grow with the bump its not uncomfortable. Lots of people see and me and say how much pain I must be in, but truthfully Im not. At night Im more miserable cuz trying rolling over in bed when you have at least 10+ lbs just sitting in the front. It takes me a good couple minutes. And sleeping is a PITA if I get more than 2 hours I cheer! Im the same way as Kyle still though, even though Im majorly overly pregnant I still bump into things.

As for contractions. The bump doesnt move unless baby is doing a good work out in there. So if babe is moving during a contraction (which totally makes it hurt worse I think) then it does move. But really your belly gets so unbelieveably hard its kinda crazy. I think of my contractions as me being wrapped like a tooties roll (spelling is soooooo off) and someone is pulling me at both ends really really really super tight. You cant even imagine how tight..I havent even had super unbearable contractions yet so I can only imagine how much worse their gonna get..
August 17th, 2009, 08:52 PM
misfitinmn's Avatar little miss needs a nap
Send a message via AIM to misfitinmn
The only thing for me that felt really crazy after birth was the phantom kicks! that was weird, it was like "are you sure there was only one baby in there?!". i still feel phantom kicks from time to time.

my belly, from what I can recall, which is not much, did not move during contractions. only when mister man was moving around. I, of course, wasn't paying any attention at all to my belly and just trying to not go completely out of my mind and/or crush my husband's hand.

for me, the hardest part of the bump was just the weight, but that was just really at the very end, like 38 weeks+, when I felt all droopy and like my belly would just fall off my body. The only time I ever really felt bloated was like around 9ish weeks, but after that, it was just like another appendage, like an arm or a leg.

many thanks to trish for this cutest of siggies!
August 17th, 2009, 08:53 PM
LisanAndy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
- After birth you feel some lighter and a lot less pelvic/back pain but for me, weight wise, it didn't feel much different though I lost a ton of weight the day I left the hospital both times.

- My belly never moved during contractions

- To me it only felt like I was bloated until 10-12 weeks and then the bloat went away and it started feeling hard right above my pelvic bone. As you get bigger you skin is obviously stretching and by 7.5/8 months it's super tight and for me was very uncomfortable but I get HUGE. I only gained 29lbs with Taylor and 26lbs with Rylie but I looked like a whale LoL.

Is baby Aubrey Alana or Jacob Robert?!

August 17th, 2009, 09:41 PM
Bre+Will=Reid
Feeling weird after birth: I felt good after birth, but looking back, I actually felt like I got run over by a bus It's the "omg, we have a baby!" warm fuzzy feelings that help you ignore how you feel the first few days after giving birth. Its only now that I look back do I realize how hard it was on my body. The thing that weirded me out most was the fact that I still had a belly but it was deflated. It was like a saggy preggo belly. It goes away!

Does your belly move during contractions: Uhm, I wasn't paying attention However, it does get really hard. Rock hard. TMI here....but when you're big enough to have a real bump, feel it after you have the big O. It gets rock hard! REALLY weird.

Is a bump uncomfortable: No, not at all! It's not like bloat (not for me, anyway)
August 17th, 2009, 11:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Do you feel weird after you give birth? yes and no - I felt like I got hit by a bus because I had a csection, but at the same time most of my pregnancy pain was gone!

When you get contractions, does your belly move? no it just gets hard sorta...the worst period cramps you could ever imagine x10!

When you start getting a bump, is it uncomfortable in the same way that being really bloated is? yes an no again haha, in the beginning its like a bloated feeling but you get used to it, not really "bloated" but more like a squishy mass....
August 18th, 2009, 12:57 AM
Frozendesire's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Frozendesire
BTDT moms... Do you feel weird after you give birth? Like an I just instantly lost a good 10 pounds that was throwing me off for months kinda weird? I figure you have to get accustomed to it and then once you lose it overcompensate for it, you know? Yup it does feel a little weird right after! You feel quite different, atleast I did!!

When you get contractions, does your belly move? People could always tell when I had a contraction because my bump got noticeably tighter. The bigger the contraction the tighter it was and smaller, it like came close into my body (that was in or close to fully active labor)

When you start getting a bump, is it uncomfortable in the same way that being really bloated is? Yes it is. Just at the beginning but because your so freakin excited that you are showing you dont mind at all hahaha

August 18th, 2009, 02:54 AM
ETanny's Avatar Mamma 2 Moo & Pops
Send a message via MSN to ETanny
I felt so much diffrent after i had her. I started prodding my belly cus it was all squishiy like they had just taken away loadsa fat but left the skin

My belly used to get hard when i was having BH so i can imagine that it would get hard if it was the real thing!

I never really felt bloated, For me i just woke up one day and i had a bump It does get uncomfy towards the end but not because of the bloated feeling, more because you have a leg in your rib!

August 18th, 2009, 06:23 AM
HopeWishWait's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Did I feel different?- Nope! Which is so weird because I went in a week after I had him, and I had lost 21 lbs!!! I was like WHOA! I felt different in terms of being able to walk, bend, and what not easier but I had no idea of how much weight had actually come off.

The contractions- I have no idea During them I was in too much pain to care and usually had my eyes closed.

The bump- No, it wasn't uncomfortable or anything at all. You don't really notice it unless you have one of those over night pops. Mine just gradually showed up and I was like "Holy crap, Im starting to look pregnant, hadn't noticed!"

August 18th, 2009, 09:06 AM
ANGWife
BTDT moms... Do you feel weird after you give birth? Like an I just instantly lost a good 10 pounds that was throwing me off for months kinda weird? I figure you have to get accustomed to it and then once you lose it overcompensate for it, you know?

Honestly, I was so tired, sore, and excited to even notice the weight loss until a few days later. It really hit me when I went to put my maternity pants on when we were leaving the hospital. I was more concentrated on my tear and the massive ice packs, pads, sprays, etc that I had in my pants haha

When you get contractions, does your belly move?

Your belly gets super hard. All you can do is try to get thru it. You aren't really watching your belly

When you start getting a bump, is it uncomfortable in the same way that being really bloated is?

Not at all!! I LOVE it, cause you don't have to feel bad about being big and things not fitting. When you get bloated, you feel ugly and you want to hide it. When you get a bump you want to rub it all the time and it helps people think it's cute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bre+Will=Reid View Post
It was like a saggy preggo belly. It goes away!
I wish mine would go away! It's still super flabby.
August 18th, 2009, 02:35 PM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It was kinda weird after I gave birth in the sense that I was still all protective of my belly, like trying to be careful not to bump into anything or do something that was super loud right by my belly (like slamming door on the washer) and each time I'd have to think "oh yeah there's no baby in there anymore".
The first time I laid on my tummy was amazing like wow I can do this again!
It took awhile for me to feel good again though and enjoy the weight loss cause for the first few days after giving birth I just felt so weak.
Oh and ditto Breanna on the saggy belly, it was strange, like a deflated belly.

August 18th, 2009, 02:48 PM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy

After birth, I was just so in love with my little man I was not sure how I felt. It wasn't until I was up and walking around that I was like -- wow my stomach is 15 pounds lighter! I noticed though I was talking walking hunched to the front like I still was carrying that weight. Plus with all the swelling "down there" I had a nice waddle going too.

When you get contractions, does your belly move? Nope. When you are further along and get a braxton hicks contraction -- you can actually watch your stomach change shapes depending on where your LO is located.

I didn't start getting uncomfortable until i REALLY was showing (21 weeks). Before that though -- i was only uncomfortable after 16 weeks and I couldn't sleep on my stomach anymore.
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
August 18th, 2009, 02:57 PM
thepinkleprechaun's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to thepinkleprechaun
It didn't really feel like bloat to me. I always had period-like cramps at the beginning of my pregnancies for a couple weeks. Then it just feels like a growing, stretchy feeling. It definitely doesn't feel like when you haven't pooped for a week LOL!

As far as feeling good after birth. When I had Aden I felt horrible and sick, but I did have pre-e. My back hurt for weeks afterwards because of the epidural and I was just really sore all over. After Phinny I felt amazing because I had that awesome rush of hormones that you get when you have a natural childbirth. I was a bit sore "down there" but not bad at all, it did burn when I peed because I had a little tear from him coming out so darn fast!

I had back labor the whole time, so it felt like bad period cramps only in my lower back. But when he flipped around and I was having contractions in front it just felt like my belly had turned into a rock. Literally you can poke it and it's rock hard, it's so weird! That's how it was the whole time with Aden too, I don't remember having back labor with her.
August 18th, 2009, 05:03 PM
Mars's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I didn't feel weird at all but I had a C-Section so that did put a little damper on things. I was all about the baby though so I never really paid any attention to much.

Contractions don't move your belly. But, your stomach gets really firm and it's like a major cramp.

As for the bump, I don't recall feeling uncomfortable but then again, I was just so excited to have a bump that I couldn't wait until I started to show. I was even excited about bloating...anything that made my stomach look bigger in the early months was welcomed.

Thank you Helen for my beautiful siggy!
August 18th, 2009, 05:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Very interesting! I was always curious about those things but never got around to asking.

August 18th, 2009, 06:48 PM
IamMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Great questions Krista!

I did not feel weird after having either of my kids like I instantly lost 10 pounds - although I did - my tummy went down immediately. But you're so focused on the baby (and with my first I was afraid to leave my bed and even walk around) that you don't notice your own body.

I did feel bloated and icky when first getting a bump - its like eating too much on thanksgiving and you just want to unbutton your pants or put your comfy pants on.

When I had contractions I would usually get a hard bump more pronouced in whatever place the babies "hard" part like a butt or head was. But it wasn't like my stomach moved or anything. It was funny cause with Nora she was in the same position for a while - butt up and every contraction her butt area would be the place where the uterus would protrude the most...the nurse even mentioned it when she examined my belly after Nora was born because that area of my belly stuck out the most after birth....quite interesting huh!

"Children too are a gift from the LORD, the fruit of the womb, a reward."
Psalm 127:3

August 18th, 2009, 09:25 PM
Alison81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
After giving birth- I just felt weird. You get so used to feeling your baby moving inside you, and being pregnant, that after the baby is no longer with you 24/7, it feels weird. My stomach also felt like a deflated tire those first 2 weeks. But I was in a lot of pain from the stitches, so I couldn't move around really well. It was definitely very painful.

Contractions- I don't remember, to be honest. I don't remember my belly getting really hard either. In fact, I had been having contractions, and didn't even realize because I figured my belly would get tight but it didn't.

Bump- Not uncomfortable at all. The only bloating I had was before I had the belly bump. It pretty much grows with you, and it feels like normal. I don't remember how I felt before having a bump at this point. The only thing that is uncomfortable is the stretching, but it never bothered me that bad, I just felt the stretching a bit near the end. I feel fine at this point with this pregnancy, and I am 23 weeks.

Thank you AlexKatieAiden Mommy for my siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search