Argh!! house hunting..........

WTTC Graduates

For WTTC Members who are now TTC or pregnant.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To WTTC Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 18th, 2009, 10:46 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I just feel like crying today. We are NEVER going to get a house. Seriously i think i would be more likely to get hit by a bus than us find a new home in this city. The houses we think are decent are lik 2-3 million dollars. Million!!!!!!! who has that much money?!?! and my dh always says he is wttc till we get a house....till we GET A HOUSE!??! omg i am seriously feeling unstable about this. a lot of other ***** has happened that is preventing us from getting a house too which adds to my frustration, because if things changed in our financial situation you think my dh would realize that his expectations for a house should change too. but no. i feel so let down, and frustrated, but but i cant express this to my dh cause he gets really defensive and says he just has to sort a few things out.....but yeah he's been saying that for how long now. i wish we could just leave the city, i'm so sick of all the rude idiots that live here anyways.
August 18th, 2009, 10:48 AM
LadyGamer's Avatar Objection!!!
i'm terrified of house hunting in the city... and DH is set on WTTC until we have a house too. There is no way in hell we could afford a 2mil house.

Thank you, Jaidynsmum, for the amazing siggy

August 18th, 2009, 12:43 PM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
wow, where do you live?

Maybe your Dh will change his mind if it is completely unrealistic to buy a house anytime in the forseeable future. Though I love having a house I don't think it would be horrible to raise kids in a nice apartment or condo.

August 18th, 2009, 12:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
we raise our kids in an apartment, yes its sorta cramped but at least we dont have to worry about where the mortgage money is going to come from - I dont dare pay $1300 for a 2bedroom apartment either! where we are at now the landlord is hella chill with us paying rent when we can and in chunks!

~Beth
August 18th, 2009, 01:20 PM
midnight_starr's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That sucks majorly... Hopefully you can try to convince your DH to look at houses outside of the city because I'm sure they are 100 times cheaper..
Baby #2 due January 2014!

August 18th, 2009, 01:25 PM
Resi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I understand how upsetting buying a house in a city can be. The main reason we moved from Chicago was to buy a house that was affordable. It's too hard to find a nice house that is a good size and decent price in a major city. Is your husband not open to buying in a burb?
August 18th, 2009, 01:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Aww! I want your DH to get some sense! A million+ for a house, what in the world?! Raising a child in an apt or condo isn't too terrible, is it?
August 18th, 2009, 02:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
he wont move to the burbs cuz he hates commuting, i dont blame him for that, it does suck. i dont see what the problem is with a nice semi, all renovated beautifully, in a green, safe, maybe not posh, area of town. ok its not the greatest to be attached to another persons home but there arent a lot of options here. i live in toronto. maybe i will propose some nice condos near work, i know he'd love to walk to work, and i dont think being in a nice condo would be too bad at all. argh. i'm still annoyed with the whole sitch.
August 18th, 2009, 02:11 PM
lupti's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Goodness....that is ridiculous! Major cities are always so inflated on house prices! (at least in decent areas). I really hope he would accept a condo or duplex or something!

Heather
BFP March 2, 12 dpo
Elias Scott and Griffin Karl here on 9/19/09!
August 18th, 2009, 03:53 PM
Mars's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh dear, the city life is way too high! I hope you can find options that will appeal to your DH. There's nothing wrong with raising a family in an apartment or condo.

Thank you Helen for my beautiful siggy!
August 18th, 2009, 03:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
mari i wanna move to barbados!!!!forget canadian winters!! :-)
August 18th, 2009, 04:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Goodness that is insanely expensive! Have you looked at the suburbs? We are looking for a house too, and there is no way we could afford to live in the city, so we are looking in the suburbs.

We found out the house we really really wanted went under contract yesterday. We were so bummed. This is going to be a very emotional process, I can already tell and we have just started!

Thank you GraysMama for my beautiful siggy!
August 18th, 2009, 08:04 PM
*kyle*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh I totally feel your pain on this one. This is why DH and I are in the process of trying to nail down a short sale on a townhome. Even outside of Chicago, in the burbs, a 3+ bedroom single family house that isn't falling down is running $300,000 or more, and that's after the real estate bubble burst. I sometimes wonder how in the world so many people are affording $2000, $3000 or more in mortgage payments every single month. Not to mention where they get their 20% down payment from! And I'm supposed to believe there are entire suburbs filled with such fortunate people! No wonder the foreclosure rate is so high...

August 18th, 2009, 08:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Okay, sorry, just read your post about the suburbs. So, that's out, but the condo sounds like a good idea! Kyle - we are trying to get a short sale or foreclosure as well. Fun fun!

Thank you GraysMama for my beautiful siggy!
August 19th, 2009, 04:55 AM
bittersweet's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think you need to have a talk with him....whether he gets defensive or not. Marriage is about compromise. Him saying you cannot start a family because he wants to continue to stay in the city and walk to work...or buy a multi-million dollar house in the city. If he is not willing to move out of the city, but not willing to buy something you can reasonably afford now or in the near future, he needs a reality check. I am so frusterated for you right now.

August 19th, 2009, 10:43 AM
ImperfectMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, that really sucks! I hope you are able to reach a compromise with your DH. It'd probably be best to have some concrete options available for him to consider (like looking at those condo's you talked about), instead of just speculating what you could do.
August 19th, 2009, 11:05 AM
So... about those nice semi's!! *shows interest* Thats what I want, as a early family house. What area are you guys looking in?

August 19th, 2009, 02:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
christen - we've been looking sorta west downtown-ish area. i love the roncesvalles area, its really green and roncesvalles itself is getting really cute (i also wanna use a midwife thats on roncy!) have you looked on mls.ca? fair warning: mls.ca is addicting to look at!
August 19th, 2009, 03:14 PM
wow... that makes me realize how much we can't afford.

August 19th, 2009, 10:12 PM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
I'm sorry hun.

We were house hunting back in June. I know the frustration. We decided to build instead and it was cheaper.. So now we are waiting for our house to be built, which should be done in 5 weeks..

Last edited by Adriana's Mommy; August 19th, 2009 at 10:21 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search