Hi ladies!!!

WTTC Graduates

For WTTC Members who are now TTC or pregnant.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To WTTC Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 18th, 2009, 11:07 AM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi again, I'm back. I know you all missed me terribly.

My FIL has been home for a few weeks now. He came home exactly one week after his bypass surgery and is doing great! He's obviously still tired and can't drive yet but he's doing well. He takes the stairs a couple times a day and he's doing great not smoking. I think when the PA talked to him the day they discharged him and told him that out of all the bad things he could do to his body, smoking again was the number one thing that will land him right back there within 3 years. At that point he knew just how close he came to dying, twice, and I think that really scared him. He hasn't had a cigarette since the afternoon before his heart attack!!!

Morning sickness is kicking my butt, but it's such a relief to have it. This little one definitely keeps me on my toes with it. Some days I feel perfectly fine, some days I'm only sick in the morning, some days I'm only sick at night, and some days I'm throwing up all day. The other day I threw up so much I pulled a muscle in my back, that kinda sucked. But Ian has really stepped up and has been pulling more than his share, especially on the days I feel really bad. I've lost about 6 pounds but I'm sure I'll be quick to gain them back once this sickness period is over. The heat makes things worse and since we don't have a/c I dread the days that go over 90. I had to cancel my first appointment due to insurance issues but I finally ironed everything out and rescheduled for September 2nd. I'll be just shy of 12 weeks and hopefully I'll even hear the heart beat! The homebirth unfortunately isn't going to happen. The one lady that would actually accept me doesn't take my insurance. Everyone else said they wouldn't take me because of my history of pp hemorrhage. It's all right though, I'll be back at the birth center I had Lochy at and I love it there so it'll be great!

Lochy will turn 2 on Friday and we will not only meet but surpass our breastfeeding goal!!! I'm so thrilled he's wanted to continue and actually since getting pregnant he's wanted to nurse more than usual. Who knows, I may be tandem nursing come March!

Looks like I missed a lot of drama around here while I was gone and I'm glad I wasn't around for it. I'm so happy to see so many of you still sticking around and I hope to be able to post a lot more now that things are settling down (if my slow @ss computer will let me that is).

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

August 18th, 2009, 11:38 AM
~*Bethy*~'s Avatar Ian, Morgan and Isabella!
hey you! Glad to have you back! Things have deffenetly changed while you were gone - hubby and I decided to wait on TTC so Im on a break for a while *hopefully* TTA (well see how well that one works....) Anywho, Glad your FIL is feeling better!!

~Beth
Momma to Ian (8), Morgan (7) and Isabella (4) - Expecting baby #4 in Oct. 2014!

HAVE YOU TAKEN YOUR PRENATAL??
We are TEAM BLUE
August 18th, 2009, 11:39 AM
Resi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's good to hear from you! I'm glad to hear your father in law is doing okay. That's great you will make your 2 yr BF goal with Lochy! I thought you would make it.
August 18th, 2009, 01:15 PM
midnight_starr's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so glad you are back Jenn, I sure have missed you!!! I'm glad FIL is doing good!

Belly pics please
Baby #2 due January 2014!

August 18th, 2009, 01:45 PM
niknok's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to niknok
It's really good to have you back! Sorry you are feeling like poop though. Yay for BF milestone! I'm really jealous....

Great news about your FIL doing well and quitting smoking. Smoking would for sure clog those nice new grafts right up. Kudos to him for quitting! It's such a hard thing.

Now, like Aimee said. Belly pics, and new pics of the boys please

Come visit my blog!
August 18th, 2009, 01:47 PM
JediRach's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to JediRach
Good to hear from you darling. Sounds like everything is falling into place.

Harper Elizabeth
July 26, 2010
7 pounds, 6 ounces and 19 1/2 inches long

August 18th, 2009, 03:55 PM
Mars's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's good to have you back. I'm glad your FIL is doing well and I'm happy that all everything is pretty good on your end. Congrats on the breastfeeding achievement!!

Thank you Helen for my beautiful siggy!
August 18th, 2009, 05:57 PM
IamMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jenn - hi there! Good to hear from you - I was thinking about you just today as a matter of fact

I'm sorry to hear that you are so sicky - but you know that might mean - girly bean!!!

I missed the drama as well so I'm hear happy as ever .... it'll be good to have you here posting more!

"Children too are a gift from the LORD, the fruit of the womb, a reward."
Psalm 127:3

August 19th, 2009, 03:25 AM
aBookasmommy
Glad to haev you back Jenn!! Lots of things have changed around here.

Im glad your FIL is doing good and that you are too. Hopefully your morning sickness wont last for very much longer and I agree wtih the girls we need new belly pics and updated pics of the boys!!

And WAY TO GO on your breastfeeding goal, that is awesome!!
August 19th, 2009, 05:21 AM
LisanAndy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was wondering where you were! Sorry morning sickness is rough on you right now but I know it's a comforting feeling. Can't wait to hear all about your appointment

Is baby Aubrey Alana or Jacob Robert?!

August 19th, 2009, 08:57 AM
ImperfectMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So glad to hear from you again!! I'm happy your FIL is doing well and WOO HOO for surpassing your BF goal!!
August 19th, 2009, 09:10 AM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey!!!! Im glad to see you back! Im so glad your FIL is doing better, and also not smoking!! I agree we want some belly pics and new pics of the boys!
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search