All about cooking!

WTTC Graduates

For WTTC Members who are now TTC or pregnant.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To WTTC Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 18th, 2009, 11:42 AM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do YOU cook dinner or does DH/DF/SO?

What are some of your regular go to meals?

How often do you eat out? (or order pizza etc)

Where did you learn to cook? Did you teach yourself?

Im trying to learn to be a better "housewife" and cook alot more for Jason, but my recipes are few and far between I do have a handful of really good recipes that Jason LOVES and asks me to cook all the time, but I dont have a huge variety or anything!
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

August 18th, 2009, 12:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Do YOU cook dinner or does DH/DF/SO? 95%time it's me. DH does the dishes.

What are some of your regular go to meals? BBQ meats/potatoes, filled zucchinis, soups/stews of all sorts, goulash, homemade hamburgers, breakfast for dinner, and fajitas are some of my favs. I like experimenting though

How often do you eat out? (or order pizza etc) Maybe 1x/month except when on vacation

Where did you learn to cook? Did you teach yourself? I taught myself and it was a slow process, lol. My meals were NASTY for a couple years
7 lbs 6 oz, 21 inches
August 18th, 2009, 12:13 PM
~*Bethy*~'s Avatar Ian, Morgan and Isabella!
Do YOU cook dinner or does DH/DF/SO? To tell ya the truth, he cooks more than I do...

What are some of your regular go to meals? taco's, spaghetti, uhhh...random thrown together food that doesnt have a name?

How often do you eat out? (or order pizza etc) more than id like, probably 2-3 times a week

Where did you learn to cook? Did you teach yourself? mostly picked stuff up from my step dad and step mom...and added a bit of my own twist to it!
Momma to Ian (8), Morgan (7) and Isabella (3) - Expecting baby #4 in Oct. 2014!

HAVE YOU TAKEN YOUR PRENATAL??
PINK or BLUE ?? We find out JUNE 2nd!!
August 18th, 2009, 12:16 PM
SandKmommy's Avatar Seamus and Kieran's Mommy
Do YOU cook dinner or does DH/DF/SO? 75% of the time I do

What are some of your regular go to meals? Lasagna, fried burritos, tacos, fried rice, grilled or baked chicken, stuffed bell peppers, baked spaghetti

How often do you eat out? (or order pizza etc) We rarely get pizza, and eat out maybe twice a month sometimes less, sometimes more if dh gets full hours

Where did you learn to cook? Did you teach yourself? I watched my mom and dad and i've learned alot from myself and experimenting. (Dh told me he only married me cause I can cook...while he was eating my lasagna the other nigh )

August 18th, 2009, 12:20 PM
Do YOU cook dinner or does DH/DF/SO? I cook more than Jason but he still cooks alot too, its about 60/40

What are some of your regular go to meals? Stew, spaghetti, chicken alfredo, chicken tacos, potato soup, BBQ (jason does the bbq)

How often do you eat out? (or order pizza etc) Probably 1-2x a month

Where did you learn to cook? Did you teach yourself? In the process of self teaching myself...I have a couple recipes that ive mastered but only a couple! I learned to cook a mean potato soup at 18 Jason LOVES that soup he always asks for it! I do have one recipe from my grandma and one from my mom too!
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

August 18th, 2009, 12:34 PM
HopeWishWait's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's hard at our house because Nic is a VERY picky eater...he won't eat a lot of things that, not only do I like, but are in a lot of recipes. Example: most vegetables, any kind of sea food, rice... etc etc. So basically what I'm doing now is..I cook dinner, if he wants to eat it, awesome. If he doesn't, I eat it and have left overs...he makes something in the microwave I'm not the greatest cook in the world, I have to have a step by step recipe for just about everything...can't just make it off the top of my head. But I'm doing better.

I'm actually trying to cook my way through a cookbook right now, do a little Julie&Julia

August 18th, 2009, 12:38 PM
Oh, yea I totally forgot to mention that Jason is sooooooo picky!

August 18th, 2009, 01:13 PM
midnight_starr's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do YOU cook dinner or does DH/DF/SO? Me!!

What are some of your regular go to meals? pork chops, grilled chicken, red beans, spaghetti .

How often do you eat out? (or order pizza etc) atleast twice a week..

Where did you learn to cook? Did you teach yourself? I learned from my mom and grandma!!
Baby #2 due January 2014!

August 18th, 2009, 01:22 PM
Resi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do YOU cook dinner or does DH/DF/SO? It use to be me but Damon cooks a lot since having Oliver. I cook weekends.

What are some of your regular go to meals? Chicken breast, turkey tacos, salmon patties, homeade soups, chicken fajitas, spaghetti & turkey meatballs, shrimp & veggies, breastfast for dinner, stuffed shells, chicken enchalidas, homeade pizza, creamed carrots & peas with mashed potatoes, fish, whole chicken..

How often do you eat out? (or order pizza etc) Since having Oliver 1-2 per month.

Where did you learn to cook? Did you teach yourself? I taught myself
August 18th, 2009, 01:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Do YOU cook dinner or does DH/DF/SO? Me

What are some of your regular go to meals? Hamburgers, bratwurst, spaghetti, enchaladas, quesadillas, soup and chili in the fall/winter

How often do you eat out? (or order pizza etc) Twice a month, probably

Where did you learn to cook? Did you teach yourself? Taught myself!
August 18th, 2009, 02:18 PM
lupti's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do YOU cook dinner or does DH/DF/SO? DH more often, he is the far better cook and the only one that can pull off grilling, lol

What are some of your regular go to meals? enchiladas, spaghetti casserole, hamburgers, quesadillas, anything relatively quick to throw on the grill

How often do you eat out? (or order pizza etc) far more than we should...I am a fairly picky eater which limits our menu planning so often it gets to the point where it is after work and we ask each other whats for dinner!

Where did you learn to cook? Did you teach yourself? I am ok with a recipe.

Heather
BFP March 2, 12 dpo
Elias Scott and Griffin Karl here on 9/19/09!
August 18th, 2009, 03:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Do YOU cook dinner or does DH/DF/SO? I do all the cooking.

What are some of your regular go to meals? whole chicken, chicken breasts, roast beef, stew (in the fall), homemade soups, sausages, salads, pasta dishes, beets&feta, anything on the grill. i usually hit the farmers market and get whatever looks good then figure out how to prepare it later!

How often do you eat out? (or order pizza etc) usually at least once or twice on the weekends, breakfast out somewhere and either lunch or dinner too.

Where did you learn to cook? Did you teach yourself? my mom taught me a lot, i still phone her all the time and ask her stuff. also my dh's nana taught me how to make cabbage rolls, perogies, and pies. i also google a lot of recipes, and have taught myself a lot too. i love hearing how other ppl prepare stuff though, learning from people is usually better than reading how to prepare food i find.
August 18th, 2009, 04:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Do YOU cook dinner or does DH/DF/SO? I usually cook. DH used to cook all the time because I couldn't, but I'm getting a lot better.

What are some of your regular go to meals? We change it up a LOT! I usually look up a random recipe online and prepare it.

How often do you eat out? (or order pizza etc) Not very often at all. We ate out a lot more as we got close to the wedding, but we are back to normal now!

Where did you learn to cook? Did you teach yourself? I am in the process of teaching myself. I am a lot better than I used to be! I once made chicken my dog wouldn't eat. Yeah, it was that bad. It was actually one of the first things I cooked DH when we first started dating! It wasn't cooked all the way through either.

Thank you GraysMama for my beautiful siggy!
August 18th, 2009, 07:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
lol at ur gross raw chicken that the dog wouldnt eat krista!!!!!
i have made many a bad cooking mistake too, but i'm the first to admit when something is gross so it works out ok! usually if i think something is gross my dh will still eat it! he's a keeper! lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search