We have an answer!! Update on next cycle post #56

WTTC Graduates

For WTTC Members who are now TTC or pregnant.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To WTTC Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 11th, 2010, 01:15 PM
ImperfectMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's amazing news!
January 11th, 2010, 01:19 PM
ETanny's Avatar Mamma 2 Moo & Pops
Send a message via MSN to ETanny
WOW, i am so pleased for you right now! If Mia wasnt in bed asleep i would seriously be jumping around for you!!

January 11th, 2010, 01:25 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
WOOHOO!!!! Oh Ashley that is AMAZING news!!!!! I am SO SO SO happy that you got your answer! That's amazing how easy it is to fix too... kinda crazy to think about. I seriously cannot wait to see that sticky BFP of yours!! You're going to be a mommy before you know it!

January 11th, 2010, 02:09 PM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatiInCT View Post
Your turn is officially right around the corner!! So glad that you finally have an answer!

Am I the only one who instantly reads MTHFR as a swearword (with letters missing) everytime I see it?
Nope, I see it too! Actually that's what I say in my head every time I see MTHFR.

I'm so so so happy for you Ashley! I'll be praying that this cycle is the one for you!!!

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

January 11th, 2010, 03:29 PM
*kyle*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so incredibly happy for you that you have found the culprit!!

I also have MTHFR mutation. Mine is "compound heterozygous" which means that I have two differently mutated genes. It's a worse one than you have. We're not sure if it's to blame for my 2 m/c though since we are also dealing with Eric's balanced translocation, which gives a 50% m/c rate on its own. Anyway - what I did was take about 2 mg of folic acid (your doc might give you more, whatever your body doesn't use you pee out so you can't OD on it) in addition to my regular prenatal and a baby aspirin. I started taking these daily before getting pregnant with Dominic, and of course during the entire 9 months as well. Just toward the end of the pregnancy I stopped the baby aspirin for about 2 weeks so that I wouldn't have a bleeding complication during delivery.

The folic acid and baby aspirin are such an easy, easy fix compared to many of the causes of infertility! I'm so happy that you figured this out and that hopefully you're SO CLOSE to your healthy bean!

January 11th, 2010, 03:36 PM
~Caroline~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy

I'm crying tears of joy for you Ashley, I'm so happy you finally have an answer! And since you seem to get pregnant easily, I'm sure you'll get your bfp soon and YOU'LL BE A MOMMY BEFORE THE END OF THE YEAR!!!

January 11th, 2010, 03:38 PM
~* Helen *~'s Avatar A Prince And 2 Princess's
So glad you have answers now hun !!!!! I am soooooo thrilled for you and next cycle is gonna be a sticky one !!!!
January 11th, 2010, 05:10 PM
bittersweet's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So happy for you Ashley! You will be knocked up in no time and on your way to having a healthy baby.

January 11th, 2010, 05:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh Ashley that is wonderful!!! I am soooo happy the issue was not only easy to diagnose but also easy to fix!!! You're going to have yourself a sticky bean in no time!

Thank you GraysMama for my beautiful siggy!
January 11th, 2010, 05:40 PM
lauren in hi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is absolutely wonderful news! I hope you get a BFP soon!

January 11th, 2010, 05:54 PM
tfitz07's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know I never post here, but ever since we had our first BFP's on the same day, and then you sadly lost yours, I have been hoping and praying for you to have a sticky bean and a beautiful baby!!! Now, it's really going to happen for you!! Congrats to you and your DH. I'll be looking forward to seeing that little bean VERY soon!!
January 11th, 2010, 06:11 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh Ashley I am SO GLAD you finally got an answer! And sticky dust in pill form? LOVE IT! While I hate that you've had to endure so many lost babies, I'm glad it means you and Jason don't have trouble getting pregnant... and it looks like you'll be on your way to a happy & healthy 9 months in the very near future! Congrats!

January 11th, 2010, 06:16 PM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is great Ashley! I'm so ready for you and Jason to have your little sticky baby!!!

January 11th, 2010, 06:22 PM
greeneyes's Avatar <-- Just do it.
I know you'll understand what I mean when I say THIS IS AMAZING NEWS! I'm so glad there is an "easy" fix for you and that this time next month you'll hopefully be posting a thread!

January 12th, 2010, 06:40 AM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfitz07 View Post
I know I never post here, but ever since we had our first BFP's on the same day, and then you sadly lost yours, I have been hoping and praying for you to have a sticky bean and a beautiful baby!!! Now, it's really going to happen for you!! Congrats to you and your DH. I'll be looking forward to seeing that little bean VERY soon!!
Oh my gosh! Im so happy that you remember me and have thought about me! I stalk your PR all the time because I have always felt connected because that was the first DDC i ever got to join and was SO excited. Thanks for coming over here and posting, it means alot to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCoconut View Post
Oh Ashley I am SO GLAD you finally got an answer! And sticky dust in pill form? LOVE IT! While I hate that you've had to endure so many lost babies, I'm glad it means you and Jason don't have trouble getting pregnant... and it looks like you'll be on your way to a happy & healthy 9 months in the very near future! Congrats!
Sticky dust in pill form I love that Shannon! Seems true in my case! I may just get a blinkie made that says something along those lines!
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

January 12th, 2010, 07:42 AM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
After googling all day about MTHFR and actually finding a forum for women ttc with MTHFR im scared to ttc this cycle. There were ALOT of women who started folgard (or something similiar) and baby aspirin who got pregnant right away and it stuck. But then there were some women who also got pregnant right away and it stuck, but then found out the baby had spina bifida or other issues with the baby or pregnancy complications. (Spina bifida is an effect of not enough folic acid) And with my mutation my body doesnt metabolize folic acid, b6, and b12 like it should. That is why I have to be on "10 times" the normal amount of all three. So I feel like i should be on Folgard for longer than 14-18 days before getting pregnant. I want my body to be fully ready for a baby, especially now that I know what it is and can prevent it. I feel like I need to start with my first motherly duty and that is to make my body a healthy place for my baby before I bring him or her into it. So as much as I hate it, im thinking about waiting until next cycle when all my levels are for sure brought up to normal. Ive waited this long, I think I can wait one more month knowing that my next pregnancy should be the one. Right? By the way, its crazy...but after taking only two pills I feel great! My dr said they would probably make me feel better because for all these years my body has gone without being able to metabolize these vitamins the right way...and now I feel better!!

Also my Dr. still wants to do the HSG on Jan 19th (I dont know why obviously my tubes are clear, but he says he wants to rule everything else out and make sure the mutation is the only problem) and I have to have an ultrasound on Jan 25th as well.
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

Last edited by ♥Ashley♥; January 12th, 2010 at 07:45 AM.
January 12th, 2010, 07:48 AM
*kyle*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ashley, do you happen to know how much of each vitamin is in your Folgard pill? I'm wondering if I should be taking more than I am.

January 12th, 2010, 07:52 AM
CandaceDianne's Avatar Lilyan's Mommy
I think thats a good plan, especially after you have read what have happened to other women. Better safe than sorry! YAH!!! I know you loathe the idea of waiting one more month, but I feel so sure that you will get your super sticky, healthy BFP soon!!!

Born June 5, 2010
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
January 12th, 2010, 07:56 AM
fromGirltoMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ash I am soo sooo sooo excited for you. Im so happy that you have an answer!! I cant even imagine how amazing it feels for you to KNOW that you WILL have your baby!! And Im right there with you as much as it sucks to have to wait another month I think like you and I think its a great idea to wait until your body is 100% where it should be!! OHHHH I cant wait to see you with a hugeeeee butt belly!! I can see you being like me and having a bigg ole belly!! Your going to be so beautiful at 38 weeks pregnant!!
(( 01*21*14 ))

Thy will be done through me for the highest good of all and for the true manifestation of my purpose.

in this time and in the place, I try to live with love and grace
January 12th, 2010, 08:03 AM
LisanAndy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think that sounds like an awesome idea, Ashley, I totally agree with you. Ok, so can this cycle hurry up and be over with already??? I'm ready to see a BFP

Is baby Aubrey Alana or Jacob Robert?!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search