Should I go to the gym tonight?

WTTC Graduates

For WTTC Members who are now TTC or pregnant.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To WTTC Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 11th, 2010, 12:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
UGH i can't decide. I'm still spotting, but i'm feeling terrible. I feel like i need some exercise.
Am I a bad preggo if i go to the gym while spotting? I was going to do a 1 hr weights class, not cardio.
January 11th, 2010, 01:01 PM
CandaceDianne's Avatar Lilyan's Mommy
Hmmm I wouldnt do a weight class. I would probably stick with walking on the treadmill and maybe doing some really light weights on your own. Dont over-do-it AND stay hydrated. But you could call your DR as well...

Born June 5, 2010
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
January 11th, 2010, 01:01 PM
sara~b's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to sara~b
Well, as long as it's brown still you should be fine. According to ACOG there is no convincing evidence that exercise can cause a m/c. I would probably do light weights and no ab work. Make sure you stay hydrated and keep your temperature low!

Running for my health and sanity!
PR's: 5k-25:05 (old PR 25:10), 5M-45:03 (old PR - 47:22), 10k - 52:00 (approximate - training), HM-2:25:58 (ran a 2:17:36 during marathon), Full- 4:49:25 (old PR -5:49:40), 50k-7:05:56, 50M-13:31:14, 100k- 18:59:31 (old PR 20:56)
(All of these PR's are going down this season!)

My Pregnancy Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1c6297
January 11th, 2010, 01:15 PM
n/a
what they said
January 11th, 2010, 01:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
ok cool i will do my own workout, i think that's a good compromise
the spotting is still just brown... and i took a dollar store test (cuz when i see spotting i'm just compelled to!) and i'm still mondo preggo.....sooooo as far as i can tell everything is a-ok.....i was going to call my dr, but then i just thought you know, what is he going to do? give me an ultrasound, which won't really tell me much, and probably stress me out...so i'm trying to just deal with it until i go see my midwife on Feb 2....
January 11th, 2010, 01:34 PM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would do that exact thing your doing.
January 11th, 2010, 01:44 PM
CandaceDianne's Avatar Lilyan's Mommy
I think you made a good decision! Just listen to your body.

Born June 5, 2010
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
January 11th, 2010, 03:21 PM
JustBreathe
January 11th, 2010, 07:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Just listen to your body. If you're worried. Dont do it. I worked out up until about 7 weeks and then I didnt work out again until about 14-16 weeks mainly b/c I didnt feel up to it.
January 12th, 2010, 04:13 AM
Mars's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad you decided to do your own workout! I think that was the better choice.

Thank you Helen for my beautiful siggy!
January 12th, 2010, 05:08 AM
Platinum Supermommy
i just did 20 min on the bike and a few weights, it was the perfect amount. there was no more spotting than usual from doing that so i think it was alright. i felt better after too

chelle i'm glad u mentioned that you stopped and started up again, i was worried that if i took a break my midwife or doc wouldnt want me starting up again...
January 12th, 2010, 05:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Glad you found an alternative.

Its a choice thats up to you! i had absolutely NO ENERGY and m/s during the weeks that I stopped!!! I wanted to work out soooo bad but listened to my body instead. It wasnt bad at all when I got back in the mode of working out. Actually if you ask most docs, they'll probably encourage it but say do light work outs and to listen to your body. Its people that have the issue with prego's working out. I posted on facebook when I started back up that I just left zumba class and some people freaked out!!! And dont pay any attention to the myth that raising your arms can cause the umbilical cord to get wrapped around the babys neck. That has nothing to do with you and your arms. The 2nd trimester is the best for working out for most people (well for me) b/c I felt normal again lol.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search