Vacuums?

WTTC Graduates

For WTTC Members who are now TTC or pregnant.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To WTTC Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 12th, 2010, 10:09 AM
ScottishBrit's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ScottishBrit
What kinda do you have? Do you like It? Have you ever had to replace anything on It? How long have you had It?

We just bought a Bissell at Target right before Cambria was born, Ive had to replace the belt 3 times! Plus now the hose doesn't work at all! This is sooooo annoying! I swear I have problems with Vacuums. DH said ask your friends on the board what they have? haha...
January 12th, 2010, 10:16 AM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have a Hoover something or other...I think windtunnel?? Have had it for 4 years and never had to buy ANYTHING for it! I had a bissell before and HATED it, but it was a little scrawny thing so that could have been why!
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

January 12th, 2010, 10:18 AM
bittersweet's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a Kenmore (from Sears) canister vacuum that I love. It has a long hose so I can vaccume drapes, my car interior, anything really. And it comes with lots of attatchments that fit inside it. I've had to about 4 yrs with no issues. You do have to buy bags for it, they sell them at Sears too...but I've only had to replace the bag once. It is a really great vacuum for the price. I paid about $180 for it, which is considerably cheaper than Dysons (which I've also heard are super vacuums).

Here is something similar to what I have

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...sName=View+All

Last edited by bittersweet; January 12th, 2010 at 10:28 AM.
January 12th, 2010, 10:20 AM
CandaceDianne's Avatar Lilyan's Mommy
We just bought a Dyson last year after our old one broke. I love it! Its small and works wonders...we bought the cheaper one ($250). We were going to buy one whenever we got a baby anyway, because of the dog.

Born June 5, 2010
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
January 12th, 2010, 10:20 AM
midnight_starr's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have a cheap bissel from walmart and it does the job! I haven't had any problems with mine.. We've had it since March!

My mom has an oreck which she LOVES! Orecks are way more expensive but they have like a lifetime warranty deal (I think)
Baby #2 due January 2014!

January 12th, 2010, 10:21 AM
SandKmommy's Avatar Seamus and Kieran's Mommy
I want a Dyson! Dh says no thouhg
We have a P.O.S. Hoover (I think? lol) that dh's friend gave us, but we are getting a new one with taxes because the one we have is messed up, dh has had to take it apart about 5 times in the last 1.5yrs (and my brother did once) because his friend didn't pick up when she vacuumed she just did, and we've found pencils, outlet plug covers, soda caps, etc in the tub. Its all out now but it backs up very easily now.

January 12th, 2010, 10:34 AM
LadyGamer's Avatar Objection!!!
We have a Dyson, and let me tell you, I never thought I'd fall in love with a vacuum <3

Thank you, Jaidynsmum, for the amazing siggy

January 12th, 2010, 10:51 AM
CandaceDianne's Avatar Lilyan's Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandKmommy View Post
I want a Dyson! Dh says no thouhg
We have a P.O.S. Hoover (I think? lol) that dh's friend gave us, but we are getting a new one with taxes because the one we have is messed up, dh has had to take it apart about 5 times in the last 1.5yrs (and my brother did once) because his friend didn't pick up when she vacuumed she just did, and we've found pencils, outlet plug covers, soda caps, etc in the tub. Its all out now but it backs up very easily now.
We bought ours at Brandsmart when they had a grand opening sale, $250 is better than the $500 ones. You really arent spending but $100 more for a Dyson than a regular vacuum, which I understand is a lot if you are on a budget (like we are)....but the warranty is great, so if it breaks you shouldnt have to buy a new one.

Born June 5, 2010
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
January 12th, 2010, 10:59 AM
LisanAndy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We bought a Eureka Pet Pal one from Wal Mart for 80 bucks and it's freakin awesome. It's self propelled... maybe I'm just really behind in the times but I was unaware they made vacuums like that

Is baby Aubrey Alana or Jacob Robert?!

January 12th, 2010, 11:19 AM
szczepanski's Avatar nakmaster
I have this one:

Bissell Velocity Dual Cyclonic Upright Vacuum - 3950 : Target

We've had it for over 2 years now, it works great. We have thick carpet and it picks everything up and out of the carpet. I love that it is a cannister too, so no bags or anything. And it has a bare floor setting so when I feel REALLY lazy I can use it on the kitchen floors instead of sweeping. And the cord is super long....but, it does fall over kinda easily because of the attachments on it, I don't think they did a good job of balancing it. I give it 4 stars.

January 12th, 2010, 11:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
i have a dyson and i LOVE it too! easy to dump the dirt out (no bags) and its little, and it REALLY works, i mean its quite turbo. i went thru like 3 vaccums in a short amount of time so me and dh decided to get a good one, and its been working like a charm since we got it.
January 12th, 2010, 11:57 AM
SandKmommy's Avatar Seamus and Kieran's Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by szczepanski View Post
I have this one:

We've had it for over 2 years now, it works great. We have thick carpet and it picks everything up and out of the carpet. I love that it is a cannister too, so no bags or anything. And it has a bare floor setting so when I feel REALLY lazy I can use it on the kitchen floors instead of sweeping. And the cord is super long....but, it does fall over kinda easily because of the attachments on it, I don't think they did a good job of balancing it. I give it 4 stars.
Glad you like it I just bookmarked it earlier and I'm hoping to get it in a couple weeks

January 12th, 2010, 11:58 AM
Resi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We bought a Dyson (the animal hair one) while I was pregnant with Oliver. It was expenisve! I think it was $600. I know it was at least $500. I works great and we have had it for 2 years. It sucked up so much stuff that our old one didn't.
January 12th, 2010, 01:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
After going through 1 vacuum cleaner per year, we invested in the Dyson Animal Pro. Works wonderfully, but we've only had it a half year. It better last a long time!

In the house we are building, we are putting in a central vacuum. Can't wait!
7 lbs 6 oz, 21 inches
January 12th, 2010, 01:05 PM
szczepanski's Avatar nakmaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandKmommy View Post
Glad you like it I just bookmarked it earlier and I'm hoping to get it in a couple weeks
The best part is it has this attachment on the top - it's called "The Turbo" or something like that...and it is SO awesome for vacuuming the couch. We have that suede material that seems to collect everything...including the hair from the cat who sleeps in the same exact spot all.day.long.

It's still picking up the carpet sprinkle stuff the person who lived here before us would sprinkle on the carpet....and we've been here for 2 years....

January 12th, 2010, 01:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ha, ha! I haven't posted here in ages and I'm going to post to this thread! Hilarious!

We bought a Dyson when we got married, almost 5 years ago. It is the best ever. We got the purple one. It's an older style now, but works the same as it ever did-which is awesome. For a while I was carting it back and forth so my parents could use it too--until they bought their own. We paid like $400 for it but it was worth it. We haven't had to buy any bags, belts, or filters. It's totally worth it.
January 12th, 2010, 01:48 PM
ScottishBrit's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ScottishBrit
Quote:
Originally Posted by szczepanski View Post
I have this one:

I swear thats just like the one I have! But it's grey! Just like it though. I really want a Dyson and I know so many people that have them and LOVE them but Like Justines DH mine says NO...Men, what do they know! They never use it!
January 12th, 2010, 03:38 PM
bittersweet's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by **jessie** View Post

In the house we are building, we are putting in a central vacuum. Can't wait!

I've heard of this, but I can't remember how it works. Please explain

January 12th, 2010, 05:20 PM
Mars's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a huge ugly vacuum that DH bought. It's something called a shopvac, I think. I would so change it but I don't need 2 vacuums in the house.

Thank you Helen for my beautiful siggy!
January 12th, 2010, 05:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My first was a cheap Bissel that I've had for about 6 or 7 years... never had a problem with it! I didn't want to replace it but when we bought the house and put in new carpet DH insisted we get another one, so we just got a Bissel pet hair eraser something or other. It works well but it is heavier than what I'm used to.

Thank you GraysMama for my beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search