The Beginning of my Cloth Diaper Stash!

WTTC Graduates

For WTTC Members who are now TTC or pregnant.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To WTTC Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 13th, 2010, 11:15 AM
~*Bethy*~'s Avatar Ian, Morgan and Isabella!
Um I dont know? I want absorbency but not bulk. I dont care if I have to change frequently, as were mostly home all the time anyways. something thats breathable for the summer time.....ok I need a Fluffy fairy Where do I begin??

HAVE YOU TAKEN YOUR PRENATAL??
We are TEAM BLUE
January 13th, 2010, 11:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
i feel like prefolds are gunna be less bulky than AIO's... CD ppl....am i right?

we put an AIO meant for (8-15 lbs i think) on my 10 lb nephew and it was rediculously huge! (But i still thought it was cute)
January 13th, 2010, 12:03 PM
~*Bethy*~'s Avatar Ian, Morgan and Isabella!
see I want to be able to sew some diapers as well so I dont have to spend the real cash on em....but I dont know where to even start

HAVE YOU TAKEN YOUR PRENATAL??
We are TEAM BLUE
January 13th, 2010, 02:06 PM
n/a
niiiiice!
January 13th, 2010, 04:42 PM
sara~b's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to sara~b
Bethy, a pack of plain white PF's (like 12 or something) is only like $10 at BRU or Target. I figured even if I give up on cloth diapering I can use them for burp cloths! Then all you need is some pins or snappies to fasten them and the plastic cover! The pins I got for $0.99 a pack at Burlington Coat Factory and the plastic covers (plain white) are like $3 for a 2-pack at BRU. I also bought a used stash off Angela. Used cloth diapers are a great buy! I am also planning to pick up a variety pack of cloth diapers off Moms Milk Boutique or the Cloth Diaper Store websites. You get to try out a variety of types and brands and you can send back what you don't like or just resell them, which is my plan.

Running for my health and sanity!
PR's: 5k-25:05 (old PR 25:10), 5M-45:03 (old PR - 47:22), 10k - 52:00 (approximate - training), HM-2:25:58 (ran a 2:17:36 during marathon), Full- 4:49:25 (old PR -5:49:40), 50k-7:05:56, 50M-13:31:14, 100k- 18:59:31 (old PR 20:56)
(All of these PR's are going down this season!)

My Pregnancy Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1c6297
January 13th, 2010, 05:07 PM
szczepanski's Avatar nakmaster
If you are talking about the plain white Gerber prefolds at Target/BRU - those wont work....it's basically gauze.

Prefolds in general are cheap. I got all mine for less than $1 each and always with free shipping. Covers are also cheap, especially a basic plain cover!

January 13th, 2010, 06:00 PM
sara~b's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to sara~b
Quote:
Originally Posted by szczepanski View Post
If you are talking about the plain white Gerber prefolds at Target/BRU - those wont work....it's basically gauze.
What?! That's half my 'stash'! Dang it! How come nobody ever told me that before? And why are they still selling the stupid things as diapers then?

Running for my health and sanity!
PR's: 5k-25:05 (old PR 25:10), 5M-45:03 (old PR - 47:22), 10k - 52:00 (approximate - training), HM-2:25:58 (ran a 2:17:36 during marathon), Full- 4:49:25 (old PR -5:49:40), 50k-7:05:56, 50M-13:31:14, 100k- 18:59:31 (old PR 20:56)
(All of these PR's are going down this season!)

My Pregnancy Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1c6297
January 13th, 2010, 06:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
You will want to get chinese prefolds or indian prefolds those are the best for absorbancy...

Go to Diaperswappers.com an look in the FSOT section for diapers... I bought the majority of my stash from there and I wasn't disappointed... yes they are used but all of mine have come in EXCELLENT condition and I just washed them myself...

So far my LO is 7weeks and still KL0s and Thirsties covers x-small and I am LOVING them!!!
January 13th, 2010, 06:12 PM
szczepanski's Avatar nakmaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by sara~b View Post
What?! That's half my 'stash'! Dang it! How come nobody ever told me that before? And why are they still selling the stupid things as diapers then?
Don't feel bad...it is a mistake nearly EVERY person makes when they decide to cloth diaper. In fact, it is a reason why a lot of people give up on cloth diapering because they buy those cheap prefolds and they are crap & leak everywhere.

You can get Little Lions seconds (GREAT PREFOLDS!) for about $13 or so a dozen. Not bad IMO. I started prepping mine today and they quilt up so nice and soft.

I always check everything here:

www.diaperpin.com

I don't know which ones you got....but here are the reviews (1 star vs 2 stars......either way, not good).

Diaper Pin - Gerber Diaper Service Quality Pre-folds - Cloth Diaper Review

Diaper Pin - Gerber® Prefold Birdseye Weave Cloth Diaper - Cloth Diaper Review

And the vinyl pants you were talking about have a better rating (4 stars)

Diaper Pin - Gerber Vinyl Pants - Cloth Diaper Review

But personally, I would go with the Thirsties Duo Wraps. 2 sizes in one! They are a great cover, great brand, great price AND they come in fun colors.

Diaper Pin - Thirsties® Duo Wrap - Cloth Diaper Review

Last edited by szczepanski; January 13th, 2010 at 06:14 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search