Can I take a minute just to whine!?

WTTC Graduates

For WTTC Members who are now TTC or pregnant.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To WTTC Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 15th, 2010, 04:03 PM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
I'm there with ya Aimee, and i'm not even as far along! I love feeling him move and squirm, but my darn legs hurt from carrying him around. And he's heavy on the muscles in my crotch lol. I work on my feet all day, and it's getting old. Ugh why is October so far away?

Hope you kind find some rest and relief. And btw, you look fab!

June 15th, 2010, 04:19 PM
~Caroline~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well I'm one of those people who's been trying a long long time and who wishes for morning sickness and all that fun stuff

But I also know that if I ever do get pregnant and get sick all the time, I may feel the need to whine too sometime. It's normal. I know that you are very grateful that you are pregnant but that doesn't mean you have to enjoy everything about a pregnancy. Some things about pregnancy do suck! So don't feel bad about whining!

Oh and

I hope you feel better soon! August will be here before you know it

June 15th, 2010, 04:20 PM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
I must say, I too am not looking forward to being pregnant again. I have to see a high risk OB, and a cardiologist as well as my midwives this time.

Whats funny is when I first got pregnant I was like Oh yeah I will work up until 39 weeks. By 24 weeks i wanted to be done working LOL
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
June 15th, 2010, 04:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I sooo love these sort of posts!! Don't feel bad at all, coz seriously - this IS the reality of pregnancy. It SUCKS!! The morning sickness, unable to sleep, so uncomfortable... I could have made this post!

I too, am seriously reconsidering how many kids I have. I would have liked two, but with this genetic disorder I have, and with how badly I handle pregnancy... only one child is sounding better and better. And I'm only 9.5 weeks into this pregnancy!

HUGS... I know it will all be worth while in the end, but feel free to b*tch and moan to us as much as you want!!
June 15th, 2010, 05:00 PM
JediRach's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to JediRach
Happy to hear I'm not the only one. I was starting to think I was already in the sucka$$ mom category before she even got here.

Harper Elizabeth
July 26, 2010
7 pounds, 6 ounces and 19 1/2 inches long

June 15th, 2010, 05:51 PM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I didn't have the normal pregnancy issues (troy could empathaze more with you on that part) but don't feel guilty for how your feeling. I thought I would love the feel the baby move and form this amazing bond with them.....that didn't happen...I thought feeling the baby move was actually kind of freaky and it creeped me out for a long time. And that "I'm so in love with this baby" feeling....yeah ...that one took a few WEEKS PAST birth to really get! So then I felt guilty for not "being IN love with baby from the start".
So now I tell most moms this...... "your feeling guilty....well congrats because I think THAT makes you a good mom" And I don't see/feel and end in site on the guilty factor Its ALWAYS SOMETHING!
Hugs! And Dang girl you look BEAUTIFUL!!!
June 15th, 2010, 05:58 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by alicenwonderland View Post
I'm there with ya Aimee, and i'm not even as far along! I love feeling him move and squirm, but my darn legs hurt from carrying him around. And he's heavy on the muscles in my crotch lol. I work on my feet all day, and it's getting old. Ugh why is October so far away?

Hope you kind find some rest and relief. And btw, you look fab!
That was one of my biggest complaints in the second and third trimester! It felt like my pelvis was going to break apart. I hated waddling because everyone felt the need to point it out to me as though I didn't already know, but because of the pain in my pubic bone I couldn't help it.

I took a trip to walmart by myself to get some groceries at 36 weeks. I was literally hunched over my basket panting by the end of the trip! I felt and looked so pitiful. Ah the joys of pregnancy!

Aimee, for me the pain would let up and I would have a good week before I felt miserable again (except for in the last few weeks). Hopefully yours will let up a bit as well!

Thank you GraysMama for my beautiful siggy!
June 15th, 2010, 06:18 PM
midnight_starr's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You all have made me feel so so much better and that is why I love having this board to come to! So glad I can whine to you all!!
Baby #2 due January 2014!

June 15th, 2010, 08:35 PM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry you are so uncomfy! I think some people just have easier pregnancies than others. And I am sure being preggo in the summer in the south is NOT fun. I lucked out with an April baby.

Don't feel bad about whining.

Oh and your belly is really cute!

June 16th, 2010, 07:24 AM
ImperfectMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You are so adorable in your maternity swimsuit!!

I felt the same way in the last third of pregnancy. The first trimester and most of the second was easy for me, but them I had pre-term labor and everything stopped being fun. I stopped being active and that's when I gained most of my weight, which caused me a lot of pain. I couldn't sleep, I couldn't sit, I couldn't stand, I couldn't lie down. Nothing felt good. I always wanted 3 kids, but that changed to 2 at that point in pregnancy... And honestly, at that time I was even thinking about 1. lol. However, now I almost feel ready again, which is something I thought I'd NEVER feel!

Lots of (((hugs))). August will be here before you know it!
June 16th, 2010, 12:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Dont feel bad for whining! Once its over and after you've had some time to enjoy motherhood, you'll be knocked up again lol. I just hope that you're more comfy the next time than this time. Each p/g can be different.

I agree that the heat probably has a lot to do with it and her position. Does she switch positions when you lay down. I know for the longest time, at night, Lani would be transverse and then in the day time she'd be upside down. Do you ahve a maternity pillow. I wouldve probably hated p/g without it b/c if I was uncomfortable when I slept, I ached the whole day the next day.
June 16th, 2010, 07:26 PM
Mars's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You look lovely in the pic! Don't feel bad for whining. The latter stages can be quite uncomfortable. Just hang in there, not much longer now.

Thank you Helen for my beautiful siggy!
June 16th, 2010, 11:14 PM
lauren in hi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
don't feel bad. you've had it rough, and even if you didn't, pregnancy is not easy for most women. i am not a good preggo at all. i loved getting bfps, doing baby shopping, daydreaming about baby, finding out gender, etc. but i was miserable for most of my 2nd pregnancy and probably about 1/2 of my first. i just wanted abby out!! i couldn't handle working and i had my dr. sign me out from 37 wks. because i was so miserable, hot and uncomfortable. i was constantly sweating and out of breath! my pregnancy w/ josh i was miserable as well, but he was due in march (vs. sept.) so at least that part of it was a lot easier to handle. i actually wanted him to stay put till his scheduled c-sec. date (i had so much to do before he came, and i only had like just over a week off and was recovering from a horrible cold when he decided to surprise us w/ an early entrance). it just really depends...each pregnancy is not the same, and hopefully your subsequent pregnancies will be easier on you.

and you look fab!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search