Can I take a minute just to whine!?

WTTC Graduates

For WTTC Members who are now TTC or pregnant.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To WTTC Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 15th, 2010, 08:25 AM
midnight_starr's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't ever usually whine to you girls because I know I should really be enjoying every part of this pregnancy and I don't want to offend any of you ladies who are still trying oh so hard to get pregnant (I love you all and am sorry if this whiny post makes any of you upset) but I am miserable and I need to rant to you all before I drive my DH insane!!!

I am not enjoying being pregnant at all I always thought I'd be the girl who talked about how much she loved being pregnant and was all glowy and always happy, but I'm not... I am so uncomfy and in pain and I am just so ready for August to hurry up and get here... The first 4 months I was sick then I dealt with kidney stones for a month then I had maybe a few weeks of enjoying everything then the aches and pains just set in and have only gotten worse... My back hurts, my sides hurt, my ribs hurt, I don't sleep at all... This pregnancy has really made me reevaluate how many children I want because I don't think I really want to go through this again!!! I know after she is here I will forget all of this and probably come back and laugh about how dumb I sound right now.... Everyone tells me to savor the pregnancy but I think to myself why do I want to savor feeling like this!?!? Yes I LOVE LOVE LOVE feeling her move around in there and I LOVE LOVE that my DH talks to her everynight, but I'm just so ready for August 19th to get here!!!!

Please tell me I am not totally crazy and that atleast one of you have felt the same way!?! It upsets me sometimes that I just don't enjoy this and then I cry and beat myself up about it

Sorry if this post is all over the place, but if you made it this far you are lucky because I am adding a bonus picture..

This is DH & I yesterday!! I'm rocking the maternity swimsuit at 30 weeks 4 days!!!! (I actually love the way my prego belly looks just not how it feels )
Baby #2 due January 2014!

June 15th, 2010, 08:29 AM
ETanny's Avatar Mamma 2 Moo & Pops
Send a message via MSN to ETanny
1st of all ((hugs))
Do you think you could be feeling so umcomftable because of the heat??
The heat here is driving my sister crazy!

Hopfully the next 9 weeks will fly by for you x

June 15th, 2010, 08:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
no your not crazy thats why the good lord lets us forget the pains of childbirth so were dumb enough to do it again I feel ya hun, Bella's pregnancy flew right by, but good gawd I had a lot of aches and pains!!! NOT something I want to endure a 4th time thats for sure!!
June 15th, 2010, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by *ETanny* View Post
1st of all ((hugs))
Do you think you could be feeling so umcomftable because of the heat??
The heat here is driving my sister crazy!

Hopfully the next 9 weeks will fly by for you x
Oh the heat is totally one of the uncomfy factors here.. I barely leave my house becasue of the heat... I stay under a fan and the A/C cranked down!! Its been in the 90s with a heat index of over 100

I also think she is transverse and maybe that is why I hurt so much too

June 15th, 2010, 08:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
whats transverse? sideways? Has your OB been feeling her head down in your pubic area? I hope shes not!! You are allowed to take tylenol PM just so you know - I didnt take it everynight but on the really bad nights it helped soooo much!!
June 15th, 2010, 09:10 AM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
Ohh you sound like I sounded at this time last year :-)

It's normal every feeling you have -- you have to remember that for 9 months our body is not really a body anymore, its a human incubator. Our body does not care about how much pain we are in, it does not care how much we can't breath. It does not care that is it 110 degrees outside. Our bodies job is to grow our baby.

Unfortunately, I was not feeling 100% like myself again until about 2-3 months after I had J.J. My vagina was soooo sore. It was not until about 4 months ago that it finally stop hurting when I would stand for long periods of time.

However I must say the BEST 3 hours of my life my entire pregnancy were right after I got my epi, and had my urinary catheter. I slept for 3 hours straight. It was the first time I had done that in MONTHS. The second best 5 hours of my life were later that night after J.J was born, we all slept from 10pm-3am. Heaven!

To relieve the pain take some tylenol, and head into the pool. The water helps your back and lungs for a small amount of time :-)

DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
June 15th, 2010, 09:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I felt the exact same way! I was MISERABLE in the 3rd trimester......MISERABLE! I coudn't sleep at all- I hurt EVERYWHERE and was just ready to be done! But yes- as soon as that sweet baby girl is here you will forget all about it!
June 15th, 2010, 09:24 AM
ANGWife
No problem whining! Towards the end, I think most mamas get super uncomfortable and in pain. I had a few moments where I swore pregnancy was the worst experience of my life. And everyone told me the same thing, that I should savor this time.

THE best thing I can tell you is rest when you can. Because once baby arrives it will never be the same. Of course I love Henry but I'm super nervous about being pregnant again because when you have a toddler you can't rest when you want, KWIM? If you just wanna chill out eating and watching tv, THEN DO IT! And don't feel bad about being cranky.
June 15th, 2010, 09:30 AM
Thanks everyone I feel so much better just listening to you all!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Bethy*~ View Post
whats transverse? sideways? Has your OB been feeling her head down in your pubic area? I hope shes not!! You are allowed to take tylenol PM just so you know - I didnt take it everynight but on the really bad nights it helped soooo much!!
Yep sideways... My dr. really hasn't tried to feel her position yet, I go for an ultrasound to check position and her growth next week... I just feel most of her movements on both sides and that is what really makes me feel like she is sideways.. I could be wrong though so we'll see next week!!

June 15th, 2010, 09:35 AM
JediRach's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to JediRach
I feel the same way. I thought I'd be all into pregnancy. It feels like a painful alien invasion. I love the little beast but most of the time (since the beginning) pretty much I've been over it. I want my body back. I haven't slept well in weeks. I'm exhausted, I'm sore. And I'm not sure I really want to do it again. We've always talked about adoption and I think maybe we'll have one more and adopt the rest.

Harper Elizabeth
July 26, 2010
7 pounds, 6 ounces and 19 1/2 inches long

June 15th, 2010, 09:40 AM
Veteran
I'm sorry neither of you girls are feeling comfortable! Aimee, baby or no baby, in that heat I would be a BEAR by this point in June! I think you are handling it very well and graciously, and I love the bonus pic!

<TTC #1 since 2007> <Thank you AshyPoo03 for this siggy!>
Lap #1 for cyst 12/9/10-- Lap #2 2/11/11,
Open laporotomy to remove Stage III endo 5/24/11
HSG: 8/9/11

June 15th, 2010, 09:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I concur with Sam - the moment my feet started feeling tingly - and I laid back on that table, was the happiest moment of my ENTIRE pregnancy aside from finding out she was a girl!! OMG I love that feeling of not being in pain
June 15th, 2010, 11:00 AM
LisanAndy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
First of all, you look AMAZING! And I totally understand. I felt that way after my first. As soon as Taylor was born I was ready to do it again That's another reason I like having my kids close together... you get through the yucky parts of pregnancy, the late nights, potty training in one lump sum so vacations are easier.. well, everything gets easier Hang in there hun, it's REALLY miserable being hugely pregnant in the summer. Rylie was the best pregnancy because I was due in March

Is baby Aubrey Alana or Jacob Robert?!

June 15th, 2010, 11:12 AM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Don't feel bad for whining. It is SO hot right now that I'm sure that really just makes everything worse. And don't fee guilty for not enjoying this time. I feel like I looked forward to pregnancy my whole life and while I wasn't ever miserable, I didn't enjoy it either. We had a thread in my PR asking what we missed about pregnancy and the only thing I could come up with was not having to share my baby with other people. I didn't even really enjoy the kicks/movement. And I didn't have horrible morning sickness or kidney stones, etc. like you did. Like I said -- I wasn't really miserable, and I still don't miss it! So don't beat yourself up about not loving every minute of it, its not for everybody. You look adorabe in the bathing suit!

June 15th, 2010, 11:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I think most of us have felt that way, whether it be a few days we felt that way or a few months. I know I certainly did. It was like my body would go through these miserable growth spurts, but towards the end I was pretty miserable around the clock... she was just so heavy! Don't feel bad for feeling that way. Pregnancy certainly isn't all roses and unicorns, if you know what I mean. I wouldn't wish the third trimester during a hot, humid southern summer on anyone.

Thank you GraysMama for my beautiful siggy!
June 15th, 2010, 11:32 AM
Angelaosaurus-rex's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Don't feel bad! I hated being pregnant. I hated how I felt, how I looked, how others treated me, all the unwanted advice and I hate how I look now from it lol!! I'd do it all again for my sweet Landen baby but it really made me reconsider how many kids I wanted too. Everyone has different experiences with things and you can't help how you feel. ((HUGS)) Your baby will be here before you know it, and this pregnancy with all its "fun" will all be worth it!!! You look adorable btw!!!!

Thanks so much to Helen for my beautiful siggy

June 15th, 2010, 12:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
*hugs* you look great & i hope u r feeling better soon sweetie!
June 15th, 2010, 12:16 PM
Resi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You haven't had it easy at all! Don't feel bad about complaining to us. That is part of what we are here for. August will be here soon enough and this part will be over with. It's a good thing you don't work and can stay at home to take it easy when you aren't up to doing anything.

I was very fortunate because I had an easy pregnancy. I loved it and never had any real discomfort. I hope my next is the same but who knows if I will be that lucky. Just like your next one might be a lot easier on you!
June 15th, 2010, 12:47 PM
Frozendesire's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Frozendesire
Ditto Resi! Maybe your next will be alot easier? I know mine have all been a bit different. I couldn't imagine going through all that you have gone through. I'm SO not looking forward to when it gets real hot here... I don't handle heat well! I will be complaining about everything for sure haha. Both boys were Jan babies so it was alot different.

You are doing fantastic Momma and it will be over soon. Just relax and be incredibily lazy!!! Focus on growing that baby and nothing else There is nothing else as important! Oh and don't be worried about your feelings, they are natural and common. So don't be silly... sit and complain and cry if that's what is coming natural to you. Your body has SO much going on right now, emotionally and physically!

June 15th, 2010, 02:03 PM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I totally feel for ya Aimee! My pregnancy with Lila pretty much sucked and I couldn't wait for it to be over and to finally just be able to hold my baby. Her pregnancy is a big factor in why I may not want another baby, I just don't think I can go through it all again. Morning sickness is inevitable the first 4 months at least (anywhere from puking 2-3 times a day to maybe getting hyperemesis again). Then the contractions start at about 17 weeks and continue daily from that point on. Then with Lila I had preterm labor at about 31 weeks--scary stuff. She kept flipping breech on me and the emotional toll that took (as well as it hurt when she kept flipping around on me). Then severe SPD took hold once I started my 3rd trimester. By the last month I couldn't dress myself or even walk without crying I was in so much pain and I know this will happen again if I get pregnant again. And she was so big and I had so much fluid that the skin on my belly started to split open at around 36 weeks. So yeah, not eager at all to repeat all that. Though in a couple years I may be crazy enough to try again! lol Dont' feel bad about whining, you need to whine sometimes. It is all worth it in the end though.

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search