Frustrated with BFing

WTTC Graduates

For WTTC Members who are now TTC or pregnant.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To WTTC Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 16th, 2010, 01:40 PM
Frozendesire's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Frozendesire
Yuck. I'm not a huge alchohol drinker but that's one thing that hubby doesn't do when I'm pregnant or nursing. He doesn't drink at all, he doesn't think it's all that fair. We don't drink alot anyways though.

Maybe talk to hubby about it?

June 16th, 2010, 01:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
uhg...forget it.

Its nothing hes doing wrong, its just me being selfish.
June 16th, 2010, 04:19 PM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's ok Beth. It's really hard giving up a lot of yourself and your body for so long. However, you will most likely get used to it. DH and I used to go out all the time (like every weekend for years) before I got pregnant with Liam. And yes we would drink a lot. There are times when I really miss being able to have a beer with him. We used to go to happy hour every Friday night and have a few drinks and just sit with each other and have really long, meaningful conversations for hours. I really miss that. But my body has belonged to other people for so long now, most of the time I don't even notice the things I "can't" do. I've been pregnant, nursing, or both for over 5 years straight, without a break. It gets tiresome sometimes but in the end is completely worth it. You'll be ok! HUGS

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

June 16th, 2010, 05:59 PM
Frozendesire's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Frozendesire
I had a shower with a toilet plunger.... Mother hood isn't easy! hehe

Your doing fantastic!! It's really tough giving up your body so much, especially in the beginning... but it does get easier! You will fall into a routine I think you are overwhelmed with nursing, being a mom to three, to a new baby, and having had the birthing experience you've had! That's ALOT to handle and I think you are doing just fine Take a breather and even talk to hubby about your feelings... it might just be nice to share a moment like that together.

June 16th, 2010, 06:32 PM
Mars's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I share the same feelings as Resi but in the early dates when my nipples were sore, it was not as enjoyable. It gets better though. Hang in there.

Thank you Helen for my beautiful siggy!
June 17th, 2010, 08:48 PM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by freesiangel View Post
I know how you feel. Xander wanted to nurse constantly for the first month and a lot for a few months after that. I set up "boob stations" in different areas of the house so I could nurse him in different areas, which definitely helped.

It gets so much easier! I made myself stick it out, even though we even ended up with thrush (which suuuuucks). It was special time together AND I didn't want to shell out the money for formula. lol. Now that he's older and nursing less and less I find myself getting sad and now have to find other ways of bonding, like reading books, etc. Of course, we're also about 50/50 or even 60/50 with bottles of pumped milk and nursing - but that's because Xander is a lazy nurser. Doesn't sound like you have that problem.
I felt like I was glued to the couch for atleast the first month. I would stick things in the back of the couch so that I could reach them easily, and just the other day, I was fishing around and found a bunch of stuff...a pen from when I was recording Logan's pees and poops, baby nail clippers, etc.

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search