Frustrated with BFing

WTTC Graduates

For WTTC Members who are now TTC or pregnant.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To WTTC Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 15th, 2010, 08:35 AM
~*Bethy*~'s Avatar Ian, Morgan and Isabella!
Its not that its hard - I mean yes my nipples hurt but I can work around that. I think its the constant demand of someone needing me. the kids are old enough to say "go play" or "go turn on a movie" and they do, they follow directions - theyre independent. And here sits this helpless little adorable baby who relies on me for food, comfort and shelter, and I about cry everytime shes handed to me!!!

WHAT in the world is going on!?!? Please tell me BFing gets easier mentally?? I stopped early with Morgan due to this same feeling, but I also had a 14month old son who demanded my attention as well, so I had "an excuse" but this time around...I dont...and I feel bad! Im not ungreatful for what I have, not by a long shot, I realize Im VERY blessed to have this baby and to be able to feed her without any issues.

HAVE YOU TAKEN YOUR PRENATAL??
We are TEAM BLUE
June 15th, 2010, 08:53 AM
midnight_starr's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
((HUGS)) I have no advice since I haven't been there yet, but just wanted to offer some hugs!!
Baby #2 due January 2014!

June 15th, 2010, 09:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I can't say much- since I'm still only 6 months in.....but it has gotten A LOT and I mean A LOT easier! At first when people would tell me that BFing was so convient and so easy- I had such a hard time believing them! It was a lot of work at first- now it's so easy I don't even think about it and don't want to stop anytime soon. It took me a good 6 weeks to really start to get comfortable with it.
June 15th, 2010, 09:22 AM
Mjp121212's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was right there with ya and I had a LC tell me around 3weeks that one expressed bottle a day would NOT harm nursing. Others will disagree with me I'm sure. But at 2wks or so i was grateful for that break. And yeah i did it a week early AND we were having issues with latch and me making milk. I was already supplementing with dropper and cup feedings and the stress and mental exhaustion were just too much so.....I handed him over one day and gave my mom and bottle and said here. 2 weeks later milk was literally pouring out of me (TMI LOL sorry) and we were both happy and he was well boobie fed!

Thanks to Maitri for my wonderful siggy!
June 15th, 2010, 09:26 AM
See thats the thing, I have a great supply - shes eating perfectly! Its just everytime I turn around it seems like she wants to eat!! Hubby woke her up thinking shed be fine, and instantly demanded to be fed....$%#^.....waddja do that for!? hes been a great support but its hard....boooooo.....

Im so glad PPD hasent set in this time around!!

We are TEAM BLUE
June 15th, 2010, 10:13 AM
Resi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I never had those feelings. I always loved being tied down BF no matter how often he needed me. I still feel that way. For me it has always been easy and convient. Having to make a bottle for the one I watch seems so much more inconvient imo.

I hope it does get easier on you. After solids start she should cut back on the BF.
June 15th, 2010, 11:03 AM
LisanAndy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It WILL get easier.. at least it did for me. I thoroughly enjoyed nursing from start to finish and I miss it so much

Is baby Aubrey Alana or Jacob Robert?!

June 15th, 2010, 11:06 AM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know the first week she was home I was so wrapped up in when she'd be eating that I felt like my life was broken down into two hour intervals. Everything was planned around when she had eaten and it was an adjustment. But I think a lot of that was hormones, because I only had a couple of days of feeling that way.

June 15th, 2010, 11:13 AM
Frozendesire's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Frozendesire
I think it can get over whelming but I always loved the moments of feeding Dustin while watching a movie with Curtis or reading him a book. I did alot of multi tasking while feeding Dustin... as much as I could anyways. I also fed him wherever I was and I think that made it alot easier. I didn't feel so tied down that way.

June 15th, 2010, 12:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
*hugs*
June 15th, 2010, 12:56 PM
Mjp121212's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No matter what Beth, you are 1 terrific amazing awesome stupendous momma!

Thanks to Maitri for my wonderful siggy!
June 15th, 2010, 01:55 PM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozendesire View Post
I think it can get over whelming but I always loved the moments of feeding Dustin while watching a movie with Curtis or reading him a book. I did alot of multi tasking while feeding Dustin... as much as I could anyways. I also fed him wherever I was and I think that made it alot easier. I didn't feel so tied down that way.

Nursing has always been a time to just sit and relax with my new baby. She doesn't get a lot of one on one with the two boys running around and constantly asking questions and whatnot so nursing is our time just the two of us together that no one can interrupt. I cherish those moments with her.

I know its exhausting in the beginning but it does get so much easier. She'll become more efficient and not want to nurse quite as often as she does as a newborn. Then when you introduce solids, she'll nurse less.

I got to feeling a bit burdened when Lochy was nearing 2 and still nursing (we made it to 26 months) some days but even those days weren't my feeling as a whole about nursing him. It's such a bonding time with my kids, I'm always sad when they self wean. As it is now, I'm pumping breastmilk for my freezer stash and for Lochy! lol

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

June 15th, 2010, 06:13 PM
szczepanski's Avatar nakmaster
I love nursing.....the feeling you described to me is really empowering and makes me feel like a more confident mom. i can feed him anywhere anytime in 15 seconds. it does get better - the first few weeks are rough. as much as nolan eats id have to work just to buy formula!

June 15th, 2010, 06:25 PM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well Matthew nursed a lot at first, I think he was one hungry kid plus with reflux it felt good to him to nurse. So he was on my boob a LOT. I was tired and so whenever he'd sleep, I would sleep too. So when I was awake it seemed like almost all the time, he was on my boob. Sometimes I just wanted a little time to myself, with my arms free. So I kinda know how you feel, I think. It's a big change to go from "being your own person", which you had to some extent with your kids being older, to having a little one who is just so needy. But give it a month or two and she will be much faster at nursing and as time goes by, you'll wonder how did the nursing sessions get to be over so quickly!

Oh and enjoy this stage where you can do whatever you want while she nurses. When they get older they get more distractable so it's harder to watch tv, be online, etc while baby nurses.

June 15th, 2010, 07:15 PM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It does get easier!!!! I was not prepared for how physically and emotionally demanding breastfeeding was in the beginning, and I thought that I would never come to enjoy it. My sister was such a great support through that...it made me feel like a bad person. But I think it's normal to have a hard time at first!

You are doing great!! You are going to feel better soon!

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.
June 15th, 2010, 08:12 PM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Its SO much better now! There is a light at the end of the tunnel.
June 15th, 2010, 11:58 PM
ETanny's Avatar Mamma 2 Moo & Pops
Send a message via MSN to ETanny
Icant offer you any advice as I didntBF but i can offer you lots and lots of

June 16th, 2010, 06:12 AM
ImperfectMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know how you feel. Xander wanted to nurse constantly for the first month and a lot for a few months after that. I set up "boob stations" in different areas of the house so I could nurse him in different areas, which definitely helped.

It gets so much easier! I made myself stick it out, even though we even ended up with thrush (which suuuuucks). It was special time together AND I didn't want to shell out the money for formula. lol. Now that he's older and nursing less and less I find myself getting sad and now have to find other ways of bonding, like reading books, etc. Of course, we're also about 50/50 or even 60/50 with bottles of pumped milk and nursing - but that's because Xander is a lazy nurser. Doesn't sound like you have that problem.
June 16th, 2010, 11:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I have no advice b/c I dont BF. One of the reasons that I EP is b/c of that very same reason. Plus it feels good to have someone else feed her while I do other things. And I'm always on the go too.

Every once in a while I'll let her nurse in the middle of the night if she wakes up. But she doesnt wake up in the middle of the night anymore so neither do I.
June 16th, 2010, 01:08 PM
thanks ladies for your support! Im finding it really hard to nurse while hubby is home because hes always off doing his own thing, drinking a beer, etc. And I cant tell him to just sit with me because I dont feel right asking that of him, KWIM? Like today when its just me and the kids at home, I can nurse her and just jump on the computer and not be distracted by adult things. Its like our special time when DH isnt home - but when he is, Im a train wreak and itching for a beer

We are TEAM BLUE

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search