Week from h*ll

WTTC Graduates

For WTTC Members who are now TTC or pregnant.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To WTTC Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 30th, 2011, 04:19 PM
*Mrs.J.2011*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have not had a good nights sleep since Friday night...

I woke up saturday morning to the news that an old coworker (old as in we worked together 6 years ago) had been in a horrible car accident and was now in the ICU at a top hospital in Boston in critical condition. I got news on saturday evening that he had passed away. He was 25.

One of my coworkers is pretty much useless.. Shes been there 2 years longer than I and she asks me on a daily basis how to do things we do every day! She's been driving me extra crazy this week for some reason.. maybe because I AF has been lurking and finally showed today...

Last night police cars swarmed my "tiny little quiet dead-end everyone gets along" street and went into my neighbor across the streets house, where an older couple live. Apperently when the wife got home at around 7:30 last night she couldnt find her husband.. until she went to go upstairs. He must have lost his balance (which he did frequently if anyone remembers me venting last summer about how my other neighbor stared at me when I ran over to ask if he was ok after he tripped on his lawn) and fell down the stairs. She was too late getting home. I watched in disbelief as the police and detectives were going in and out of the house with the medical examiner... the worst part of seeing all of this was watching the coroner take him out of the house and drop him... literally DROPPED him on the pavement. I was so p'ed off.

Today I got yelled at by one of the drs in my office for booking an appointment (that my boss asked me to book!) at 3pm for 3:30pm when she was "about to go home.." (She was scheduled to be at the office until 4:30) only for her to come back 45 mins later and apologize..

I seriously cant win this week. I feel like God or whoever is seriously testing me to see if I can handle the inevitable with my Grandfather..

and that brings me to another thing! My Grandfather has put in his trust that I (and Chris) are to live in his house when he passes for as long as we wish, rent free. All we need to pay is the property taxes, utilities and up keep. This too has made me an emotional wreck because he chose me out of 19 grandchildren to live there. He and I have always been close, but I never thought this would happen. I said it once and I'll say it a million more, if I had a choice, I would (obviously) still choose him over the house. This is a great house to raise a family. Its on a quiet street with a fenced in yard, a great school system and its half way (15 mins each) between my parents and Chris' parents.

Maybe its the hormones, but I feel like I'm drained. Between the 2 deaths, my coworker, the dr, and the news from my grandfather, its been insane lately! All I want to do is break down and bawl..

If you made it this far.. THANK YOU! I needed to vent and Chris is never around for me to vent to!

Missing our little "Duckie" since 06-22-09
March 30th, 2011, 07:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *vi
aww hun I know weeks can be hard but wow that is a tough week. I'm sorry to hear about your old co-worker and your neighbor. What tragic accidents on both parts!

sometimes co-workers can get on your nerves, I know I definitely have a few of those... sometimes you just have to grin and bear it. I also have a co-worker who asks me the same question a MILLION times! she is a really sweet girl, but sometimes I just want to shake her and yell "pay attention!" and UGH bosses! lol bosses sometimes suck.... lol that's all i'm going to say about that lol

that is so FANTASTIC of your grandfather to do that for you and Chris! what a sweet thing for him to do! and of course you'd always rather have your grandfather over a house but as life is never fair, it's never your choice. Just having lost my grandfather last year, I know it can be bittersweet... I'm here for you anytime you need to talk to someone about that. We just had the anniversary of my poppa's death and it was a hard thing to deal with alone so I don't want you to feel like you have to keep everything to yourself.

sorry for the long reply lol I just realized how long it got!

March 31st, 2011, 03:24 AM
ETanny's Avatar Mamma 2 Moo & Pops
Send a message via MSN to ETanny
Just wanted to give you some :dothugs: I cant imagine how your feeling after the week you've had

March 31st, 2011, 11:06 AM
JediRach's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to JediRach
Hugs dear. I am thinking of you. Sounds like an incredibly long week.

Harper Elizabeth
July 26, 2010
7 pounds, 6 ounces and 19 1/2 inches long

March 31st, 2011, 05:11 PM
Thanks ladies..

Vi I may take you up on that!!

I just finished reading my neighbors obituary and it brought tears to my eyes. He was such a sweet old man.

An awesome coworker of mine offered to go to a free meditation class with me tonight that is offered here in the city. It was amazing! I completely recommend it to everyone. It completely helped me to take an hour to step back and just be in the moment.

April 1st, 2011, 12:09 PM
Mars's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
(((HUGS)))

You've had a whole lot to take in and all I can offer at this point is hugs. I hope the following week is better.

It's good that your grandfather chose the house for you. I hope it doesn't cause any friction with the other grandchildren.

(((HUGS)))

Thank you Helen for my beautiful siggy!
April 2nd, 2011, 09:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My goodness! That is a lot for anyone to take in as isolated events, much less all in one week. I'm sorry for everything that you have been through. I think you are more than entitled to have a good cry.

Thank you GraysMama for my beautiful siggy!
April 7th, 2011, 07:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
sending millions of hugs, t&p's too

xoxo
April 10th, 2011, 07:32 PM
Thanks ladies! This week was only slightly better!

I found out that when my car went into the shop for $300 worth of work... I need about $1000 more! Chris and I have decided now is the time for me to get a new car. With these gas prices the SUV needs to go and a sedan is in the works for this girl..

My coworker messed up again with my manager standing behind her, needless to say, she is no longer a coworker. It was sad to see her go because she really was a nice lady, she didnt mean any harm. I just dont think the position was the right job for her.

My grandfathers health is unfortunately declining. He has asked my mom to go with him this week to pick out a suit to be buried in.

Chris and I are at a rocky point in our relationship. We had a falling out last night and today was a little tense. I tend to bottle things up until I explode. Unfortunately last night I exploded.. I tried explaining to Chris that I need someone to talk to. He and I hardly ever see each other, I cant talk to my mom because she is so hypocritical, and my dad tends to not take anything I say seriously. It took me 3 hours of bawling and babbling like an idiot to tell Chris that all I needed was a flipping hug! It was horrible.

Wedding planning is still coming along slowly, we are down to 7 months tomorrow and even tho the big things are done, we still have so many little things to do, and very little money. Its getting stressful for the first time in all of the planning.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search