Let's have some kiddo and mommy updates...

WTTC Graduates

For WTTC Members who are now TTC or pregnant.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To WTTC Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 6th, 2011, 05:41 PM
Mars's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's been a while and this board is becoming more and more slow. Since we haven't shared any good, bad or ugly stories recently, update on anything that's going on. Add in some pics too.

Thank you Helen for my beautiful siggy!
April 6th, 2011, 10:06 PM
SandKmommy's Avatar Seamus and Kieran's Mommy
Things are ok. I post my updates as status on facebook for people that want to read them there cause I dont think most people read them on JM. Pictures also there.

Kieran will be 2 Friday

April 7th, 2011, 07:42 AM
~Caroline~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Julien is going to be 1 month old on Saturday! He's super cute and he loves his mommy but he wants to be held all the time, which makes it difficult for me to get anything done, but I'm trying to enjoy it, it all goes so fast!

Here's a cute pic:

April 7th, 2011, 08:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Jaxon is rapidly approaching 18 months old. He is on the move 24/7. So many people say he is the most active toddler they have known!! He wasn't talking at all and then bam, had a language explosion around 15 months old. He says about 20 words now in English and nearly as many in German. He managed to learn to say 'coffee' before 'milk', haha. Speaking of which, I finally got him weaned off of bottles completely about a month ago. He had been down to one per day, but that last one was hard for him to give up! I love having this age of child, it's really fun... other than the tantrums and whining!

For me, I am well. Almost 21 weeks preggo. It's been confirmed 4 times by u/s I am having a boy, so yea, its pretty much a sure thing. I have my anatomy scan next week. I am huge already. I look like I am 30 weeks!

We are still working on finishing our new house. It's slow going with DH working so much though. Our goal date for moving is in 2 months, but I doubt we will make that. Work is going great. I love my job. Just got word that I will have to begin working 4 days per week (instead of 3) in May. I'm really bummed and sad about that, but I guess it will be a good way to save up some dough for maternity leave. That is all for now!
7 lbs 6 oz, 21 inches
April 7th, 2011, 09:24 AM
Resi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oliver just turned 2 1/2 years old. It's really hard to believe that he is close to turning 3 years old but I feel like he has always been part of my life. He talks non-stop and is a huge mama's boy. He still nurses several times per day. I'm still working on the night time nursing. He still wakes up to ask for it and I give in around 5 AM usually. I guess he isn't ready to give it up yet. I tried cutting out nap time because he would not go to bed until 9-10PM when taking one but now we are back to naps most days. He loves cleaning, cooking, and doing crafty stuff. He loves going outside like most kids do. He has been fully potty trained for 6 months and it's hard to remember when he was in diapers. He is a cautious kid and shy. He is very affectionate to DH, Grammy, and me. He talks about mommy having a little Emily for him. lol.. he picked the name out and has been talking about it on and off for a few months. He tells me how she is going to nurse off one side and he will have the other side. It is really cute but I don't think he really would want to share me that much.
April 7th, 2011, 11:54 AM
Frozendesire's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Frozendesire
Love hearing the updates

We are all doing well here. Keeping busy, can't wait for nicer weather. The boys sure love playing outside in the back yard!

Curtis is such a big boy. He's finally fully mastered pottying. I'm so proud of him for getting over his fear of pooping in the potty. His speach is coming along okay. He loves singing, and is always doing it. He is super creative and loves playing with his lego and playdoh.

Dustin is such a character still. His sleeping is some what better but he's still up atleast once anight. I got him an amber teething necklace and I think it's kept him alot calmer as it's MUCH easier to put him back to sleep when he wakes up. He talking SO much now. He's obsessed with trucks and grandpa. He loves playing outside and is the one that drags Curtis out. we've been casually potty training him, but have held off for a while now. I'm going to try again on Monday. I got a copy of 3 Day Potty Training and hope to do that for Mon, Tues, and Wed. We'll see how it goes with other kids to take care of.

AJ is getting SO big! He can sit on his own, roll all over, and he's trying so hard to crawl. He loves solids, and I'm making all his food. He is working on a tooth right now, can't wait till it pops, although it's not affecting him at all.... he's still so happy and sleeps wonderfully at night. He's the perfect baby! We are having issues with eczema, it's all over his face and it takes alot of attention to keep it away, or atleast somewhat away.. it doesnt seem to both him unless it's really bad. Poor thing!

April 7th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
J.J is 20.5 months old now He is acting out with terrible two's already unfortunately. We deal with break down tantrums daily. His sleeping varies. Most of the time though he will go from 8:30-5am without waking. Then he wants a bottle and will sleep till anywhere between 7-8:30. We are 95% paci weaned -- he only needs it at night for sleeping (and during the occasional whinny session). Bottle weaning does not work for us. He will NOT drink milk from a sippy period. Only juice or water. *sigh stubborn child.

We were told at our last well baby check up that he was very advanced for his age and that we should consider finding an early Montessori program for him. So we are going to work on that this summer. In addition, it was finally decided that since J.J's allergies are only getting worse and not better, that it is time for an epi-pen because the doctor feels it is only a matter of time before we are dealing with an anaphylaxic reaction. She also is asking around and consulting with other allergists about what to do about vaccinating J.J. We do want to do selective vaccines, but he seems to be unique and no one knows what to do. We also found more antibiotics that J.J is allergic to

J.J has also started potty training! It is hit or miss at this point depending on his mood -- but we do catch a lot of his pee's at home on his potty! He tells us when he has to go so it is super easy! He even pees on the potty (sometimes) at daycare!
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)

Last edited by Oriyan; April 7th, 2011 at 12:25 PM.
April 7th, 2011, 03:38 PM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
Teddy is 6 mos old!!! At his appt today he was 17 lb 3 oz and 26 inches long. The PA said his stomach sounds amazing. Neocate has been a miracle for us. We are sad we had to give up breastfeeding, but happy to finally have a happy and healthy baby. He poops once a day instead of 10, and no longer cries all day. He also sleeps through the night now! It's a miracle

Petting the Kitty

In the Beco with Mommy (yeah one of heather's hats)

Our fave cloth diaper

April 7th, 2011, 04:17 PM
It's great reading all the updates. I really miss those and sharing experiences, recipes, ideas, etc.

Loved the pics!! Julien is so sweet! And look at Teddy, he's really growing handsomely! Love his diaper, so cute!

Justine, in case I don't get on tomorrow, Happy Birthday wishes to Kieran!

I try to keep up with FB but it's harder for me since I only really get on once or twice a day.

Amara's doing great. She is even chattier that before but still a really lovely, well behaved little lass in general. She had Sports Day at school on April 1st and I need to upload those photos to FB and here. I've been super busy with work so I haven't really found the time. Hopefully I can get some up soon.

April 8th, 2011, 03:28 PM
Super Mommy
Reid is 2 1/2 He just potty trained early last week! He's doing great at it, we haven't had an accident in like 4 days. He is a chatter box, likes to talk to everyone and wave to everyone when we are out, he can sing his ABC's and my DH is teaching him some French (DH is taking it in school). Reid is a total love bug, loves to snuggle, is super polite and kind, calm but still fun, and sensitive. He has been sleeping through the night for a long time now. He loves my iPhone and is actually pretty good at some of the games. haha.

Here is a recent pic
April 8th, 2011, 03:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Eva is almost 7 weeks old!
I am feeling mostly better after giving birth, getting really antsy about losing the last bit of baby weight. eager for it to get warmer out!

in exciting Eva news - she slept 7 hrs last night!! i woke up before she did lol i had to poke her to make sure she was alive! my boobs were about to explode, especially since she was nursing every hour all day long yesterday.
she is interested in her dangly toys & smiles a lot at me and dh

oh and as of tuesday she weighed 9 lbs 10 oz!! mumma milk is doing the trick!

also breastfeeding is going a lot better. feeling normal now, though i'm a little sore after yesterday's growth spurt feeding frenzy!
April 8th, 2011, 04:16 PM
Great updates! Love the pic of Reid.

April 9th, 2011, 05:32 PM
IamMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Mommas - its me! I love seeing the updates....I've been super busy but I try to get on and read up on everyone - congrats to the new babies and pregnancies that I may have missed!

Let's see - I'm up to my eyeballs in tax returns...however I'm very excited because as H enters kindergarten this fall (can you believe that) I will only work until 2 or so so that I can pick him up everyday. Nora will be there full time so I can leave her and spend a few hours with Harrison! I'm excited about that because with Nora's age of getting into everything right now I'm always leaving him to 'do this, do that - wait here, play by yourself, blah blah blah" while I tend to her. DH has been working alot too right now so its just me and the kids alot and I feel like he is asked to do so much either for me or on his own and I cannot wait for some one on one time with him - he's my boy!

Here is a pic of my handsome man:

Nora - woah is a woman that's for sure. She's silly and fun like Harrison but she has a sassy streak that Harrison did not have. She's biting right now, which is testing my patience (and Harrison's poor thign) and she does not give in to anything....we're trying to get her to not have a paci ever (she was down to only taking it at daycare for naps) and she HATES me for that right now. She's talking alot more and is very opinionated...this morning all she wanted was to go "aahtsigh" - outside....she's doing the potty every once in a while I think mostly to be like Harrison - she copies everything he does. There is very little about her that is a baby...she's a big girl that's for sure, and she lets you know it.... and I LOVE dressing her up and making her fabulous. That's one of her favorite words. It's funny I was never into clothes, shoes and all that but Nora has the most fabulous shoes of any toddler I've ever seen (well except for a friend who I scored some awesome hand-me-down shoes from the other day )!!! So here is a picture of my pretty girl looking all fabulous with her hair did and what not:

and here is an "ugly" story for ya - a few months ago Harrison told me (and his teacher told me too since he was so adament) that he stuck something in his ear at nap and it was still in there. His teacher told me that she, the other 4's teacher, and the principle all checked and couldn't see anything. and what he described seemed too big to really go "in" his ear so we all thought it was either not ever in there and had fallen out or it was like a dream he had. I asked a few days later if his ear hurt at all or was bothering him but he said no...but he said the thing was still in there. I was like sure okay. Well a few days ago he had his 5 year old check up and what do you know....the doc was checking his ears and was like...."his tubes are out right" - I'm like yeah they've been out for years, and she says "look at this - do you see that, red thing" and as soon as I saw it it was exactly as Harrison described the thing he put in there....gaaahhh I was mortified and was like we have to go to the ER now to get it out. she's like no its been in there this long and hasn't caused a problem - we'll just send him over to the ENT next week and they'll get it out. So Monday he goes to get it out and I feel like a schmuck mother! But I told Harrison (his dad is taking him) to have the doctor put it in a jar or something so that I can tape it in his baby book and put this story in there because this, ladies, is a classic!!!!!

"Children too are a gift from the LORD, the fruit of the womb, a reward."
Psalm 127:3

April 11th, 2011, 03:43 PM
Look at Harrison and Nora!! They have gotten so big and look as beautiful as ever!!

I'm curious as to what it is that is actually in his ear. Please come back and tell us when he gets it taken out.

April 12th, 2011, 04:47 AM
midnight_starr's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So great to hear from everyone!!!

Adeline is now 8 months old I can't believe how fast it goes by... She has 3 teeth and one more about to pop through.. She says DaDa and ByeBye, we are still working on Momma She is such a happy baby, I am truly blessed! She hasn't figured out crawling yet she only seems to move backwards She LOVES food! Her mouth drops open as soon as she sees anyone eating!

No plans of TTC here anytime soon. We are thinking maybe around summer 2013!
Baby #2 due January 2014!

April 12th, 2011, 06:56 AM
sara~b's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to sara~b
We're doing great! Just crazy busy. My work schedule has averaged 50-60 hours a week and with school, family, and running it's been really hard to keep up. I'm still managing a B average in college so I'm happy enough with that.

Gem turned 6 in March. She was officially diagnosed as ADHD around then too. Since the behavioral therapy wasn't helping she was prescribed Adderall. She's been a whole new girl since then! More good days than bad, fewer breakdowns, eating better, and improving with her speech and occupational therapy. I'm really happy that we got this figured out now so she can go into first grade ready to thrive.

Ash is the best baby we could ask for! She sleeps great, eats well, is starting to crawl, and says dada and hi. She's off the charts for weight so we have been trying to keep her from gaining until she starts to lengthen out. She's just a really happy, perky girl; all smiles and giggles.

I'll add more and some pics after nap time!

Running for my health and sanity!
PR's: 5k-25:05 (old PR 25:10), 5M-45:03 (old PR - 47:22), 10k - 52:00 (approximate - training), HM-2:25:58 (ran a 2:17:36 during marathon), Full- 4:49:25 (old PR -5:49:40), 50k-7:05:56, 50M-13:31:14, 100k- 18:59:31 (old PR 20:56)
(All of these PR's are going down this season!)

My Pregnancy Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1c6297
April 12th, 2011, 09:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I love the updates!!

I'm going to be turning 20 weeks along this week!! That's half way through, and I can't believe it. We just scored a free bassinet off of craigslist and a neighbor just gave us a free changing table (but we might not keep that one). I'm planning a garage sale for a few weeks and am trying to start working on the garden sometime before May 15th, which is plant out date. I'm finally starting to feel like I have more energy so I can actually do more than sit on the couch all day

We're currently seeing a midwife for care, but don't know if that will continue due to medicaid stuff. But so far, no ultrasounds have been mentioned so our baby will continue to be an "it" until further notice! Baby seems healthy and I've gained 10 pounds most of it in my belly. Sleeping is getting more awkward and I'll have to switch to maternity pants soon--ugh.

no pics uploaded, sorry!
April 12th, 2011, 01:42 PM
I can't believe 20 weeks has passed so quickly. Cheers to the free bassinet and changing table. good luck with the garage sale and gardening and it's great to hear that baby is doing well.

April 12th, 2011, 06:09 PM
IamMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Since Mari asked here is the update on the ear thing...it was a piece of plastic broken off of something a couple cm long....nothing that we could actually tell what it was. But here is the worst part - the nurse flushed it even though Harrison and Daddy said over and over they wanted to keep it...she got all caught up in paperwork etc. she didn't bring it back to the room and it got flushed....Harrison cried hardest during that part of the appt!

"Children too are a gift from the LORD, the fruit of the womb, a reward."
Psalm 127:3

April 12th, 2011, 06:37 PM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Okay LOL at Harrison. Poor guy. Too bad they didn't keep the ear thing, I so wanted to see a pic!

Matthew will be 2 in about 10 days or so...eek! Let's see, how to describe him. He has been very attached to me lately, I've had to start co napping with him the past few days to get him to nap at all I think because he does not want to be away from me. He is talking a lot, mostly one word at a time, but a few sentences. He wants ATTENTION and he will literally say the same word over and over like 20 times until you acknowledge him. He also mostly wants me to play WITH him, he is not a play by himself kinda guy. He has just started calling me "mommy" instead of "mama" and wants me to kiss his bo-bos when he hurts himself. He knows all his colors and can count to 10 and skips the number 7, haha. He is also "trying" to sing songs like Twinkle Twinkle or The Wheels on the Bus, it's really cute. It's weird because he can sometimes be so clingy with me and occasionally wary of other people, but overall he really loves people. We were in Kohls the other day and he literally told every person we passed (like 20 people), "HI!" He is very strong willed also...I am having to think outside the box a little to avoid tantrums.

On the baby front I am somehow 22 weeks already! I already feel like my belly is getting pretty big and I am really started to feel pregnant and slowing down a touch. Baby wiggles around in there all the time and I have gotten some great deals on baby clothes recently. I know, I shouldn't need a whole lot since I have boy things from Matthew, but I can't resist shopping!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search