Xander's 18 month checkup

WTTC Graduates

For WTTC Members who are now TTC or pregnant.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To WTTC Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 21st, 2011, 10:41 AM
ImperfectMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Holy geez, yes, Xander is 18 months old!!! He had his doctors appointment yesterday and he's doing great! He now weighs 24 lbs (25th %), is 32 inches long (50th %), and has a head circ of 19 inches (55th %). For a little guy that started off in the 5th percentile for weight, I'd say he's doing pretty good! He gained 3 lbs since his 15 month appt. I feel like he doesn't eat enough, but apparently he does. heh. He says 17 or 18 words and is trying like heck to say a lot of others. His favorite words are hi, hey, up, cheese, keys, and hot. He still loves books, but now loves stuffed animals and anything soft. He loves to give hugs and kisses and he tries to sing with me (he more-so makes a humming sound while I sing, he doesn't try to say the words or anything). He's gotten into throwing temper tantrums over every little thing, which is just awesome. haha. I'm not one to cave, so I hope he gets over this phase. If he's trying to communicate something to me I will try and help him out because I know he's just frustrated, but more often than not he's just mad because he wants something (to go outside, upstairs, downstairs, etc.) and I told him no. haha. I'm sorry, if we just spent an hour outside we are not going back out because you say so. He knows where his eyes, ears, head, hair, mouth, teeth, tongue, neck, hands, fingers, belly, and feet are and will happily point them out if you ask (except for the doctor yesterday, hahaha). His favorite thing right now is putting things in the garbage can when you ask him to throw it away. Of course I also have to check the garbage every day to make sure no other items secretly made their way inside.

I'm doing well. Really at this point Xander is my whole life. I kind of hate to admit that, but it's true. We have no family here and we don't see our friends too often since we have kids of varying ages and it's always hard to find time when everyone is available. So it's just he and I most of the time... Honestly I just don't have the time or energy to care about doing stuff outside the house. I had a girls night a few weeks ago and didn't get home til 2 am. I felt like butt the entire next day and it just wasn't worth it. heh. Jeremy and I are going to TTC again soon. It could be as early as August, but if we decide to take a family vacation to Walt Disney World this November then we'll wait until after that because I don't want to be pregnant while on vacation. I hardly ever get to go on vacation and I'm not going to be in the middle of the first trimester trying not to throw up the entire time. haha. So yeah, that's coming up! I'm getting pretty excited, actually!!!

So there ya have it! Oh, pictures you ask?

Xander and I at the zoo:

Walking to the playground:

Spiderman!
April 21st, 2011, 11:03 AM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
He is so adorable! It sounds like he's doing really great too!

Lila is a big temper tantrum girl, hoping she gets over it soon too because like you, I do not cave in to that.

Good luck when you start TTC!!!

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

April 21st, 2011, 12:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
What a big boy!! Smart and handsome too, I love the pics!

What is wrong with your kid being your whole life, that's me too, don't feel bad. My socializing doesn't go far beyond gaa gaa, dada, mama, and various other random noises! that's healthy, right?

I have a feeling Charlotte is going to be big on tantrums too. She already throws little mini tantrums if she doesn't get what she wants where she throws herself on the floor or buries her face and "cries". Although it doesn't last long right now so I can't do much but giggle because it is kinda funny.

Thank you GraysMama for my beautiful siggy!
April 21st, 2011, 01:07 PM
~Caroline~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Xander is so cute, I can't believe he's 18 months old already.

Julien is my whole life too. I'm with him 24/7 and we rarely go out.

April 21st, 2011, 07:02 PM
Resi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
He is getting big! They like to try to be the boss, don't they? Just wait until he starts talking more and he will really try to boss you around.

Oliver is my life too.
April 21st, 2011, 08:35 PM
Mars's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
He's growing so beautifully!!!

My daughter is my life and I'm very proud of that. Don't feel bad about it.

We don't have many tantrums but when we do have the occasional one, I wait until she settles, we have a chat and she may or may not get time out depending on why she was misbehaving. I try to be consistent and firm always and if I warn her that a certain behaviour will result in a timeout or toy being taken away and she misbehaves, I make sure I always follow through on the punishment.

Thank you Helen for my beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search