I'm confused.... *Update*

WTTC Graduates

For WTTC Members who are now TTC or pregnant.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To WTTC Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 18th, 2011, 09:21 AM
Capns Girl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So Dh and I are trying for #2....or so I thought. This is our first official cycle and yesterday I got my positive on an OPK. So last night after we got the munchkin down I told him, figuring we would have a good ole time His response was this is too weird and it feels awkward to plan dtd! And then he said the only reason you want to is so you can get pregnant....well duh! So I told him its not the only reason but its definately a perk. And then I asked him if he was ready to start trying for another baby. And he told me he's not sure. So then I told him that is he wanted to we could stop trying and just not protect and maybe start trying in September (random month off the top of my head!). And that was the end of the discussion and we went to bed. So I just assumed last night that we weren't trying anymore.

And then this morning he woke me up saying: You want a quickie....maybe get you pregnant?

WTH! We are definately having another talk tonight!!

**UPDATE**

So I finally talked to DH last night. His response was kind of upsetting but the more I think about it the more I'm ok with it. He doesn't have a problem with having another baby right now. He's just worried what it will do to my body. (Totally a guy response!) Right now I weigh 10-11 lbs more than when I got pregnant with DD. If you go off of the BMI I am technically over weight by 14 pounds.

He doesn't want me to balloon up after our next baby. He's told me before that he prefers skinnier women. And I'm going to defend him by saying when we were first dating he suggested I put on some weight......I was too skinny! He's not a chauvinist pig....though I'm probably portraying him as such right now

I would have a BIG problem with this if he were overweight also....but he's not. He has a dang hot body!! He works out 4-5x a week. He started working out when we found out I was pregnant with Madi because he "doesn't want to be one of those fat dads that sit on the couch and won't play with their kids".

So while I'm really hoping I'm pregnant right now, and we're technically not putting off TTC. I'm going on a healthier diet. And I'm going to start working out more. 3 days of light to medium exercise isn't enough!

So who wants to eat healthier with me? I probably need help!!

Last edited by Capns Girl; May 26th, 2011 at 10:00 AM.
May 18th, 2011, 10:25 AM
(not so patiently) WTTC
how frustrating! Men.....
May 18th, 2011, 11:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh my, I think he is the one who is confused! Yeah I think that warrants another talk. Maybe he just had cold feet? Or maybe he wasn't in the mood and his man ego couldn't admit it? Honestly it sounds to me like he just wanted it to be a little more spontaneous. My dh is the same way, wants to dtd out of passion, not scheduled sex to have a baby. I would just ask him to draw the line, does he want to try or not? If so then you can seduce him when you are fertile without killing the mood by saying, "let's make a baby". That line just doesn't do the trick for a lot of guys. If he doesn't want to then maybe you can ntnp like you mentioned.

Oh, another possibility -- maybe he just wanted morning booty.

Thank you GraysMama for my beautiful siggy!
May 18th, 2011, 11:58 AM
Morning booty....hahahaha! We don't normally dtd on weekdays. Everything is usually really busy and by the time comes that we have a chance to we're both ready for sleep!! I've tried seducing him on weekdays and he's usually not into it. Either it completely goes over his head or he pretends it does Hence the direct approach last night. It would have been much easier to O over the weekend! Thats when we have catch up sex!!

May 19th, 2011, 07:02 AM
Mars's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Men!!!!

Thank you Helen for my beautiful siggy!
May 19th, 2011, 07:05 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hey, morning booty is the holy grail of booty for my dh! I think he'd do just about anything to get it.

Did you guys talk?

May 19th, 2011, 09:40 AM
No. Yesterday was kinda crazy. I'm hoping to be able to talk to him tonight.

May 19th, 2011, 09:54 AM
(not so patiently) WTTC
Time for a new pair of panties! That gets my DH everytime
May 21st, 2011, 06:24 PM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Men....*eye roll*....LOL

=May '05 and '11

May 26th, 2011, 10:01 AM
*bump*

May 26th, 2011, 12:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yeah I can see how that would be upsetting. But it sounds like he is being honest. I've read that exercising can do good things when you are ttc, as long as you don't over do it. I know when I work out my cycles, which are usually long, shorten and become more regular. I should probably do that more. I say more as though I do it to begin with. Hey, I did some sit ups two weeks ago, does that count?

Maybe you should post some pics of said hot bod who works out 4 to 5 times a week so we can oogle over him!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search