Well that's insanely weird...

WTTC Graduates

For WTTC Members who are now TTC or pregnant.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To WTTC Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 1st, 2011, 07:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I noticed this weekend my hair is getting wavy. Like really wavy. My hair has always been straight! My mom said, and I quote, "having kids will do all kinds of crazy things to you, heck I'm still not the same, I used to be nice!"

So I'm curious, anyone ever heard of post partum hair changes? I love wavy hair, except it sucks because it doesn't have much wave in the front at all. The back and sides are nice and wavy. I even tried perming my hair a long time ago to get a wave, but my hair laughed in the face of the hair stylist... It didn't take, not even a little. My hair has never been one to curl, so this is really odd to me.

Now if I could just get the front to be wavy, life would be grand!

Thank you GraysMama for my beautiful siggy!
June 1st, 2011, 03:22 PM
Capns Girl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is weird....I've never heard of that. But anything is possible. Maybe there is something new in your diet.

June 1st, 2011, 06:29 PM
Mars's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a friend who has the opposite. She had really curly hair but now it's getting straighter as she gets older.

Thank you Helen for my beautiful siggy!
June 1st, 2011, 07:16 PM
Resi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've heard of that happening. Maybe the rest will go wavy after the second kid?
June 2nd, 2011, 02:07 AM
ETanny's Avatar Mamma 2 Moo & Pops
Send a message via MSN to ETanny
I have never heard of that before.

June 2nd, 2011, 07:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Resi I hope so! I don't mind if it is wavy or straight, I just don't want both at the same time!

June 2nd, 2011, 07:38 AM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yup, happened to me! I think some people are more sensitive to the hormone changes.

Growing up my hair was stick straight, wouldn't hold a curl no matter what I did to it. Then I hit puberty and it got curly. Then when I got pregnant the first time a lot of the curl left and was just more wavy. Then I got pregnant with Liam and it got curly again. Then with Loch and Lila it got a little more curly each time.

Weird huh?

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

June 2nd, 2011, 08:05 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hmmmm so I have hope that the next kid or two will either make it all straight or all wavy instead of having this half and half thing I have going on now!

That is weird that it went back and forth like that Jenn. You would think it would go one way or the other.

June 2nd, 2011, 07:40 PM
sara~b's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to sara~b
I lost my curl while pregnant with Gemma. I just had waves the whole pregnancy. After her it became dry and frizzy curls, very ugly. With Ash it only got worse. Now I lose more hair than any person I know all the time.

Running for my health and sanity!
PR's: 5k-25:05 (old PR 25:10), 5M-45:03 (old PR - 47:22), 10k - 52:00 (approximate - training), HM-2:25:58 (ran a 2:17:36 during marathon), Full- 4:49:25 (old PR -5:49:40), 50k-7:05:56, 50M-13:31:14, 100k- 18:59:31 (old PR 20:56)
(All of these PR's are going down this season!)

My Pregnancy Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1c6297
June 3rd, 2011, 06:32 AM
LisanAndy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah, it can happen. My sister used to have straight hair and now has wavy/curly-ish hair after giving birth. Her "baby" is now 18 but her hair never went back to the way it was before having her son.

Is baby Aubrey Alana or Jacob Robert?!

June 3rd, 2011, 07:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Sara, have you ever tried leaving regular conditioner (like the rinse out kind) in your hair? I did a lot of research on how to handle curly hair without letting it get frizzy so I could tame charlotte's curls. There's all kinds of stuff you can do to tame it that I was totally clueless about! But I'm still learning. Let me know if you want more info/links.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search