Casually TTC? What was I thinking?!

WTTC Graduates

For WTTC Members who are now TTC or pregnant.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To WTTC Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 13th, 2011, 11:01 AM
Spero's Avatar Nice to meet you, I'm Kat
I'm such an idiot! I have charted and monitored every month to pin point my O day for 4 years! Then the first cycle we TTC, I decide I want to be all casual about it so BDing doesn't feel like some kind of weird science experiment, KWIM...so I stopped charting and using the monitor. Dumb, dumb, dumb idea for me, ugh!! Why did I do that!?

Well now I have no idea when/if I O'ed this month!! AHH! Every month I have very noticeable EWCM (TMI) which I assumed would help me determine when I O'ed even if I didn't do all the charting/monitoring, blah! Of course, this month I didn't see any...

We've been BD about every other day, so I'm hoping we caught the egg if there was an egg to catch! For now I'm counting today as my O day for this cycle, since CD23 is the latest I've ever O'ed in the past. Maybe I was too stressed and didn't O this month. Who knows, I'll definitely resume at least using the monitor the next cycle we TTC!

/Sorry that turned into a longer vent than I was anticipating!!

June 13th, 2011, 02:58 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Maybe the stress has gotten to you and delayed ovulation?? I'm assuming you've never charted an anovulatory cycle before since the latest you Oed is cd 23.

I know the first cycle I charted was extremely long -- the longest one I ever charted. I think it was because charting stressed me out so much. Maybe watching out for cm without the other stuff did the same to you?

Hopefully you see O signs soon!!!

Thank you GraysMama for my beautiful siggy!
June 13th, 2011, 03:02 PM
*Crystal*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I totally understand the desire to TTC casually. It's frustrating though. I don't know how people do it. With DS I told myself that I was going to casually TTC for one month but half way through the cycle I ran out and bought OPKs because I couldn't figure out when I was ovulating. I conceived him the first month trying. This time I just went ahead and got the OPKs.. they are frustrating me now because I have gotten positives 3 days in a row, so I don't have any idea when I ovulated or if I even have yet. If this was next month (when we start TTC) I would be really frustrated.

Do you normally have months where you don't ovulate at all? Stress can delay your ovulation, maybe you haven't even ovulated yet. Don't beat yourself up and certainly don't count yourself out.
June 13th, 2011, 03:21 PM
Y'all are probably both right about the stress. I've never had an anovulatory cycle that I know of, but my cycles are very sensitive to stress.

We have a huge event at work that started last week, I have been getting ready for DH to spend a month out of the country, and I just applied for a promotion. So that's a lot of stress. I hope I O'ed and just missed the CM or maybe all the BDing made me miss it. If O is delayed we still have until Thursday before DH leaves to try and catch the egg. For now I'm counting CD 23 as O day and either way I'll know in a few weeks! I've already order test sticks from Amazon for my monitor so when DH gets back and we try in August, there won't be this uncertainty.

June 13th, 2011, 03:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My goodness you do have a lot going on! No wonder! BDing a lot can make me confuse it too though. Hopefully it came and went and you are in your tww. And a little extra booty in the mean time never hurt anybody. Just in case, you know.

Hopefully we can get you through this cycle with hair still intact on your head.

Thank you GraysMama for my beautiful siggy!
June 13th, 2011, 03:42 PM
*Crystal*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree... All that BDing maybe "masked" the CM. (TMI but...) Maybe you mistook CM for sperm from the night before.
June 13th, 2011, 09:10 PM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Is there a such thing as "Casually TTC".....LOL

Seriously though, I hope that you catch the eggie this month. FXed for you!!!

=May '05 and '11

June 14th, 2011, 07:21 AM
Thanks for the support ladies! I think I'm calmer now, it'll happen when it happens. I'm ready for this first month of TTC to be over. I promise I'll be more composed and calm next month, LOL.

On another note: I bought a stash of six Answer tests yesterday (they were BOGO with a $1 off coupon at HEB if anyone wants to stock up too!). I wanted to get them while DH was still in town so I didn't have to buy them alone, hehe.

June 14th, 2011, 07:25 AM
Mars's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I did the NTNP and even in those phases there is still anticipation and checking. For the first 3 months after I came off the BCPs and we were waiting to see how my body adjusted to being off them I had the lovely EWCM but of course when I actually started to NTNP that disappeared. Our bodies just love to play tricks with us. Hang in there and just keep BDing.

Thank you Helen for my beautiful siggy!
June 14th, 2011, 10:36 AM
artisticmind's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
you are a brave, brave woman! I hope you caught the eggie! I will be a temping freak when it comes to our time to TTC!

Baby Girl expected 2.12.13!

Annie :wife to JJ and mommy to Riley
missing our Feb. 2012
June 16th, 2011, 12:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We are suppose to be NTNP but i can't help but check my CM, pay attention for O pains and then try to make sure we BD around that time. I have been tempted a few times to sneak and do some OPK's but S/O doesn't want "offically" TTC so I would feel bad if i did that.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search