Weird feeling something is wrong.... x-posted

WTTC Graduates

For WTTC Members who are now TTC or pregnant.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To WTTC Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 28th, 2011, 09:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm not usually one to buy into "motherly instincts" that tell us we are pregnant from the moment of conception, or that predict the sex of the baby. I usually view those as lucky guesses (maybe because that would mean my motherly instincts suck! ). So I am surprised by the fact that I feel like something is wrong with this pregnancy. I don't know why I think that. I've never had a miscarriage and I never had any bad vibes from my last pregnancy. Nothing bad has happened, so far everything has been going well. But something changed last night. Something feels different. I sure hope I'm wrong. I don't have a doctors appointment until July 14th, so it will be a while until I find out. In the mean time I'm sure I will endlessly torment myself.

Anyone ever have these feelings? I'm just being silly and hormonal, right??! Surely.

Thank you GraysMama for my beautiful siggy!
June 28th, 2011, 12:29 PM
Mars's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope it's just hormonal and that nothing's wrong. Maybe the feelings stem from it happening so quickly this time. You could always POAS every day until July 14th.

Thank you Helen for my beautiful siggy!
June 28th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Spero's Avatar Nice to meet you, I'm Kat
Hopefully it's nothing, maybe just your body readjusting to pregnancy again! I second the POASing until your dr. appt. It would probably help to ease your mind

June 28th, 2011, 12:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I used to post here but mostly just lurk now...

But, I just wanted to let you know that I felt this way with both of my pregnancies. In the early part of both pregnancies, I just felt like something was "off" and that we certainly wouldn't see a heartbeat at our first appointment and I am very happy that I was wrong both times.

I hope that everything is just fine and it's just that you are readjusting to the pregnancy hormones!

June 28th, 2011, 12:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
You ladies are horrible! Pee stick pushers! Mari you especially made me laugh because you are never a pee stick pusher.

Ahhhhhh that was nice. A laugh that is. Mari I think you are onto something with what you said about it happening so quickly this time. I was thinking the same. I still feel like it is too good to be true, so that might be where a lot of this stems from.

I posted in my ddc that apparently my motherly instincts are contradicting themselves because I also told dh last week I thought it might be more than one. I feel so silly about it. I have no reason to think that and it does not run in my family.

Maybe I have a new pregnancy symptom... lunacy. Of course it helps that I was a bit looney to begin with!

I think I'm just a little more emotional this go around. And more impatient.

June 28th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
There's no reason to start believing in getting those sorts of "feelings" now, but then it's human nature to kinda believe the bad quicker than the good.

I've known plenty of people who have said things like this at some points throughout their pregnancies and gone on to have a normal healthy delivery and beautiful perfect baby so it may well be something to do with hormones, yes. I truly, truly hope that's it for you!

June 28th, 2011, 01:29 PM
~Caroline~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy

I hope that your feeling is wrong and that everything will be all right. I know I had a really good feeling about my bean from the start, but I also know it doesn't mean anything. I also really thought I was having a girl and I was very wrong about that!

June 28th, 2011, 03:36 PM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had a bad feeling about each of my kids. That first u/s eased some of the fears though. I did have a m/c with my first pregnancy though so I think that's why I always have this sense of dread when I find out I'm pregnant.

Also didn't help that during my pregnancy with Liam my mil constantly asked me "How do you KNOW he's ok? How do you KNOW the cord isn't around his neck strangling him?" How do I know for sure my baby isn't dying inside me? Gee, I guess I really don't, thanks for that!

And then my pregnancy with Lochy I went in for my 16 week appt. and after half an hour of searching not one but two midwives couldn't locate a heartbeat. They sent me over for an emergency u/s to confirm his passing, but in our amazement found not only a heart beating away but a tiny little guy moving all over the place. I was constantly waiting for the other shoe to fall during the rest of his pregnancy though.

And with Lila there was no definite moment, just a general feeling. I remember crying several times the first few months. Because of insurance issues I didn't get my first appoint til a little over 12 weeks and first u/s til almost 13 weeks. I remember being 11 weeks and just so upset thinking there was something wrong and then I felt her move for the first time as if to say, "its all right Mom, I'm ok!"

But as you can see, all of my worrying was for nothing. I've had three very healthy little babies and you will have the same! HUGS

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

June 28th, 2011, 04:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Omg Jenn I can't believe your MIL! Who says that?? Was she trying to torment you or did she do it without realizing it? And that story about the ultrasound at 16 weeks is amazing! How elated you must have been when they found the hb!

Thanks for all the well wishing and experience sharing. I swear sometimes you guys keep me grounded when I am headed for the obsessive abyss dh calls Kristaland.

June 28th, 2011, 04:38 PM
*Crystal*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had some of the same fears with DS. The first ultrasound helped with some of the fears but there were one or two times that I felt like something might be wrong.... like I hadn't felt him move in a while. Everything ended up fine obviously.

Maybe you should call your doctor. Mine told me if I was having those fears that I could come in and they would let me hear the heartbeat so I could feel better. You wouldn't be able to hear the heartbeat at this point but they could do an early ultrasound to ease your fears.
June 28th, 2011, 07:52 PM
MissusF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry you're feeling this way! This is my first pregnancy, but I've had a feeling of dread too. It's to the point that I'm almost dreading my first ultrasound because I've convinced myself that there will probably not be a heartbeat and that I've had a missed miscarriage or something. I'm not sure why because I certainly feel pregnant nor have I had any bleeding or signs that something might be wrong.

I feel the same as you in that I think I got pregnant waaay too easily. DH and I have used very sloppy to non existent birth control for 7 years. I was convinced that after going that long without an oops one of us had to be infertile. Then lo and behold we decided to go for it, had sex one time, and here we are. My luck is usually not this good so I'm kinda waiting for the bottom to drop out. However, the further along I get the better I feel. I kinda chalk it up to insanity

I think we just need to relax and try to enjoy every minute of being pregnant. If there is something wrong there is nothing we can do about it at this point anyway, so we might as well stop wasting our time with needless worry.

June 29th, 2011, 05:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by *krista* View Post
You ladies are horrible! Pee stick pushers! Mari you especially made me laugh because you are never a pee stick pusher.

Ahhhhhh that was nice. A laugh that is. Mari I think you are onto something with what you said about it happening so quickly this time. I was thinking the same. I still feel like it is too good to be true, so that might be where a lot of this stems from.

I posted in my ddc that apparently my motherly instincts are contradicting themselves because I also told dh last week I thought it might be more than one. I feel so silly about it. I have no reason to think that and it does not run in my family.

Maybe I have a new pregnancy symptom... lunacy. Of course it helps that I was a bit looney to begin with!

I think I'm just a little more emotional this go around. And more impatient.

LOL! I'm not a POAS pusher in the 2ww but after....well...that's another story. I was still peeing on a stick at 9 weeks because I didn't get a scan until then.

June 29th, 2011, 08:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Melissa - DDCs are real good about putting that fear of miscarriage in you early on because it seems in the first trimester you see it happen to so many people. Btw, is that why I don't see you posting there much?

Oh and I think I have solved the mystery! You see, my name is Krista, and I am a cookie monster. I've had a problem with double chocolate chip cookies since I went back to work after having Charlotte. Maybe it helped me cope, I don't know. But that is no excuse! And I'm trying to kick the habit. Well, Monday I had no double chocolate chip cookies. Which means I didn't eat as much for lunch, so I kinda went home a little hungry. Since I was hungry I, for once in this pregnancy, wasn't bloated. There you have it, no cookies = no bloat = total freak out on my behalf. Cookies make me feel pregnant! I confirmed this theory by having two cookies yesterday after lunch. Lo and behold I felt pregnant again! Must have more cookies. Me cookie monster. (and yes I do eat my cookies with a fork and knife...)

June 29th, 2011, 02:25 PM
Krista, you crack me up!!! LMAO!!!

July 1st, 2011, 11:03 AM
ETanny's Avatar Mamma 2 Moo & Pops
Send a message via MSN to ETanny
Im glad the cookies made you feel more pregnant

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search