Grad Mentor Assignments

WTTC Graduates

For WTTC Members who are now TTC or pregnant.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To WTTC Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 23rd, 2011, 12:29 PM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I have allocated each of you a lady as best I can, they're not all perfect matches but I'm sure you'll all do a great job.

Only Mars and I have not got a mentee just now (Mars I picked you because you said you were a little unsure) - but we may get one yet if anyone else signs up. Also, in the meantime, we can help with any questions brought to the grad mentor team thread.

Please pm your new mentee introducing yourself a little. I'd suggest you ask them to tell you:
- Their IRL first name, age, location
- Their current status (BTDT/1st time mum, WTTC/NTNP)
- Their TTC date as it currently stands
- Their reason to wait
- Up to 3 main things they'd like help/support with (in case it's changed since the details below)
Also invite any initial questions they would like to ask you.

This will give you a bit of an idea how you can help your mentee. Each week I will then post suggestions for things you could be doing with your mentee for inspiration more than anything (eg find them a link, article, activity, etc) but feel free to do whatever you feel. When you get the above information you may want to jot down any advice, knowledge or experience you have relating to their concerns and then you can pass it on in manageable chunks, allowing them time to digest, take action and ask you questions.

If your mentee asks you any questions you're not sure about, please use the grad mentor team thread and we can pool our knowledge/experience together - you could also look for a relevant JM board/tool/article (some fun training to follow on this next week) and share the link with them while they wait for us to "confer"!

outnumberedX3 - You'll be mentoring SammyJ. Here is her request:
"
I am definitely interested!

I'm also interested in all of the above listed topics as well, so I'd be cool with just about anything. I am also planning a homebirth or birth center birth, so it might be fun to find someone who is also interested in that sort of thing or has had a homebirth, but I am fine if they haven't too. Either way!"

sweet.hun - You'll be mentoring Ailidh. Her request:
"Oh me! I'm very interested

I like dealing with baby fever, healthcare and worried about TTC/pregnancy. Also I want a natural childbirth really badly so I'm interested in that too!"

Capns Girl - You'll be mentoring KaylynnandAddisonsMommy. Her request:
"
I am very interested as well!
If I did not get pg this cycle I would like to work on weightloss.
So if AF comes this wk like it's supposed to, I'm gonna start fresh on excercising next wk.
I also have a few concerns before ttc but nothing major. I worry maybe I should wait until my 2 yr old is maybe 3 and potty trained. She is alot to handle (terrible 2's) but eveyone keeps saying that will pass...which it will"

Mommy2*Victoria - You'll be mentoring JSquaredMom. Her request:

"
I'm interested. I was going to post this morning about all the things that are driving me nuts, but someone to chat with would probably be more productive. lol

I'm thinking I need:
dealing with baby fever (I got DH to agree to November, but I just can't seem to stop trying to bother him for RIGHT NOW!!),
pre-ttc weight loss/exercise - I signed myself up for a half marathon in early December...yeah great idea right? and I seem to have lost my motivation after 3 months of training. Help.
worries and concerns about ttc or pregnancy - terrified of another m/c, even though I had my successful full term son right after...the unknown and possibility of another scares me to death. How do you prevent what you don't know?"

*Crystal* - You'll be mentoring Melliesbelly. Her request:

"
I'm very interested!

I definitely need help with:
- dealing with baby fever
- pre-ttc weight loss"

3Blue1Pink - You'll be mentoring cocoandicklepiggle-mummy. Her request:
"
i'd like to sign up please if possiable if theres anyone who has swayed for a girl that would be great or is pg with a girl. (alot to ask i know but you don't get if you don't ask)"

If you have any questions, fire away, or post them in the grad mentor team thread, or pm me.

Last edited by Carwen*Angel; September 24th, 2011 at 02:22 AM.
October 1st, 2011, 08:35 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
sarahevans55 - you'll be mentoring gwyndyn - no further details so just pm her as suggested above x

November 7th, 2011, 06:19 PM
Mars's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I haven't been around much in the past few weeks. I'll try to pop back in and see how things are going.

Thank you Helen for my beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search