How are you going to tell DH/SO?

WTTC Graduates

For WTTC Members who are now TTC or pregnant.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To WTTC Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 12th, 2011, 03:49 PM
artisticmind's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
so in a perfect world and all the "if's" work out and you get a this month, how are you going to tell hubby (because i know we all have it worked out in our heads!)

Since my cycle lenght varies, anywhere from 27-32 days over the past few months, I'll test on the 30th (my cycle started 10/1) as long as AF hasn't shown up and my temp is up. On Halloween (or as close to- this year is actually Halloween)) my job hosts a "trick-or-treat" party for employee's children. I know i'll have to work that morning so after I get off i'm going to go to a local cookie shop and have them do a custom decorated cookie with an "oven" with a bun in it and our EDD of 7/9/12 and i'll put the positive test (in a ziplock baggy!) in the box with it and Riley and I will give it to him after my work thing. I don't want to test on Halloween and get a negative so i'll test the day before. I usually O on day 16/17 so it should be plenty of time to get an accurate test.

Gahhhhhh! I hope we cath the egg this month!

The rest of our family we'll tell at Christmas and make the public announcment after the new year.

Baby Girl expected 2.12.13!

Annie :wife to JJ and mommy to Riley
missing our Feb. 2012
October 13th, 2011, 04:57 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Since AF arrived late this month late on CD32, I am not testing unless I get to CD35. That's November 13th, which is a Sunday, so I'm hoping I could angle it so we could be together and just do the test together.

October 18th, 2011, 11:47 AM
JandJC's Avatar #2 due in April!
I am so divided on this topic. In a perfect world, I'd just "know" and I'd test with him there and we'd get the BFP together. LOL but knowing me, I will test starting at 9DPO hoping, wishing, and praying. In the event that i DO get a BFP and he's not around, I would love to surprise him.

This month sucks because I'm going out of town for business on 10/31 and won't be home until around 11/4, then I go out of town again on business on 11/8 and will be gone through the 11th.......hopefully some time before then I'll think of something creative. AF is due 10/30....hope I'm one of the lucky ones that knows before I miss AF!

Sadly, I thought about dressing our dog in an "I'm going to be a big brother" shirt.

hehe

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search