QOTDs for this week - All in one!

WTTC Graduates

For WTTC Members who are now TTC or pregnant.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To WTTC Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 20th, 2011, 10:45 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
In case anyone didn't catch it on the main WTTC board, I totalled my modem on Monday and was offline for half the week.

So here are your Grads' QOTDs - five all together!

TTC
Do you or will you use FF or some other fertility chart while TTC, or just go with the flow?

GTKY
What's your favourite flower and do you like to receive flowers?

PREGNANCY
If you could pick your own pregnancy craving, what would it be?

GTKY
Do you have a lucky number, day, month, or date - what is it and why do you consider it lucky?

PARENTING
Do you believe in giving your kid(s) a pacifier - up to what age and why/why not?

October 21st, 2011, 09:19 AM
Capns Girl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
TTC
Do you or will you use FF or some other fertility chart while TTC, or just go with the flow? I tried it for a few months but it frustrated me so I quit!!

GTKY
What's your favourite flower and do you like to receive flowers? Lillies, specifically CasaBlanca Lillies. I like getting flowers but it makes me kinda sad when they wilt and die.

PREGNANCY
If you could pick your own pregnancy craving, what would it be? I honestly have no idea what I would want to crave!!

GTKY
Do you have a lucky number, day, month, or date - what is it and why do you consider it lucky? Nope, I believe we make our own luck

PARENTING
Do you believe in giving your kid(s) a pacifier - up to what age and why/why not? With DD she only used her binky for naps and bedtime, and then only until she fell into a deep sleep. I don't see a problem with using them to help comfort a baby in distress. I was going to take dd's away when she was 18 months old but she stopped using them around 16 months or so. I don't really have strong feelings about using pacifiers. I thinks its nice to help teach self soothing, but I can see it becoming a problem if the baby uses one all day, every day too.

October 21st, 2011, 05:51 PM
artisticmind's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
TTC
Do you or will you use FF or some other fertility chart while TTC, or just go with the flow? I temp and input it into FF and input other signs if i see them. I wasn't overly obsessed with with having to do it.right.this.minute. because it was optimal timing, etc. I told him at one point that if he was serious about trying for a baby the next few days would be a good time to do it but i didn't other than that i didn't mention a specific date we had to do it on. I left it up to him a couple days on initiating around that time.

GTKY
What's your favourite flower and do you like to receive flowers? Not a flower that comes in flower arrangments, it's scientific name is Datura

my mom used to have them growing in the front yard when i was little. they bloom in the evening (locally they are called Moon Flowers) they smell so good and bring back many memories.

Otherwise i'd take any flower arrangment if DH would get them for me. I think i got a few flowers on mothers day. Before that it was i think 2005 or 2006 when jj actually sent me flowers through a floral company. 1st and only time LOL

PREGNANCY
If you could pick your own pregnancy craving, what would it be? hmm. i didn't have very bad cravings with riley. i wanted fresh veggies and dip and soft tacos and ranch from a local fast food mexican resturant i would say i would love to crave the fresh veggies and more fruit this time around. The last couple days i've wanted heavy, homestyle comfort foods. Like chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes and gravy. I think it's all in my head though haha!

GTKY
Do you have a lucky number, day, month, or date - what is it and why do you consider it lucky? nope, no lucky days/numbers here. if i have any luck, it's bad luck!

PARENTING
Do you believe in giving your kid(s) a pacifier - up to what age and why/why not?
with Riley, i WAS his pacifier he would not take one to save his life. we have a handful of pics of him with a paci and that's it. He just never took to it. everyone told me that was a blessing in disguise but when you have homework to do or housecleaning to get done because your MIL is traveling from AZ to see her grandson for the 1st time at a month of age, being a human pacifier was not fun at all. I think the longest he took a paci for was about an hour in the hospital the night he was born. Then around 15/18 months or so he found them and wanted to chew on them because the little girl at daycare a few months older than him had one all the time as well as his cousin. so it was just a "social" need thing- they had one so he needed one but he didn't want it to suck on, just to chew on.

Baby Girl expected 2.12.13!

Annie :wife to JJ and mommy to Riley
missing our Feb. 2012

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search