done trying for #2 *5th betas in, U/S later this evening*

WTTC Graduates

For WTTC Members who are now TTC or pregnant.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To WTTC Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 18th, 2011, 03:12 PM
artisticmind's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
because we did it!!

I tested yesterday morning totally expecting a negative. I got my period on 11/17 and i think o'd around day 12 or 13. around CD 20 i could tell that AF was on her way (or so i thought). I got what i thought was my period on 12/10 and chalked it up as having a 23 day cycle. 4 days long, lighter than normal but still period like. i would say the heaviest it got was a medium flow on day 3 for a few hours. End of day 4 of it, it tapered off like it was ending.

Woke up day 5 and there the witch was. Heavier than spotting but less than a light flow. We hadn't really timed it this month, i gave up charting when i got my period on the 11/17 and figured screw it, if it happens it happens but wasn't holding my breath because the previous 2 cycles that we HAD timed everything right didn't work. That night, CD 5 with the spotting and being moody and emotional i opened a bottle of wine. I haven't drank since October when we went on vacation. Had about half the bottle because here i was thinking that i'm on day 5 of a period, the odds of being pregnant were like close to zilch. I had been on the verge of tears over everything the couple days prior. On Monday (would have been cycle day 3) i had to take an early break to eat part of my lunch because i was sitting there and felt like i was going to be sick. I assumed it was from my lack of breakfast, 2 pieces of toast and a pepsi are not that hearty of a breakfast (besides, i was on my "period" so thinking i was preggo at that point was the farthest thing from my mind).

My skin was breaking out severly on my temple areas and my chin this whole time- I get a couple here and there but this was a bunch on both sides, out of my normal. End of night 5 i told my hubby that with me just being so off if my spotting/period ever stopped i was going to test. Day 6...thought AF was leaving the night before, woke up to redness when i wiped in the morning. And same goes for day 7. At this point i was pissed off at my body, here i am possibly a 3rd of the way through my cycle and i'm still spotting/bleeding. It again did the tapering off at the end of the night on day 7 and i figured screw it, i'm testing in the morning to clear my mind.
So i got up on day 8 and went to the bathroom.

I sat on the toilet yesterday morning watching the little hourglass icon flash on the screen thinking okay, hurry and show negative so i can get up and get ready for work. When it flashed "PREGNANT" first thing that went through my mind was "***?!"

Hubby had just come upstairs and got in bed with our son when i came out of the bathroom. I went in the bedroom and turned the light on and hubby said "turn it off..trying to get him back to sleep!" I told him i would in a minute, i wanted to show him something and tossed him the test. He looked and asked "Really?" He was shocked. He didn't even know i was going to test, heck i didn't even know i was going to test, let alone get a positive.

With the spotting i had i immediately (and still am) cautiously holding my breath. My first thoughts are that with the period/spotting it could be a possible MC. Spotting started back up last night but has tapered off again. This afternoon I went and bought a pack of FRERs and got this about 230pm, with mid-afternoon urine, this was taken about 5 minutes after i took it.

Funny thing is the test line showed up before the control line and i thought, eh it's one of the disappearing lines that everyone talks about. Nope it stayed and got darker the whole 3 minutes that i watched. I told hubby i'm hands off down there until we figure out what's going on. I never had any bleeding or spotting with Riley other than a tinge of pink discharge a couple days before i tested and I assumed that the witch was on her way and promptly forgot about it until i snapped at my nephew a couple days later over something dumb and i tested that evening and got a partial positive on a store brand test and a positive on a digi the next morning.

so here i am cautiously hoping to be starting journey #2. Calling my OB's office tomorrow morning to see tell them what's going on and to schedule testing if need be.

Baby Girl expected 2.12.13!

Annie :wife to JJ and mommy to Riley
missing our Feb. 2012

Last edited by artisticmind; January 3rd, 2012 at 12:52 PM.
December 18th, 2011, 03:59 PM
host of wttc
yay congratulations hun thats great news sending you lots of sticky stuff. try to rest hun.

thank you to babydoll213 for my sig
December 19th, 2011, 06:33 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
Aww congrats, Annie!!!

December 19th, 2011, 09:30 AM
Capns Girl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! Stick, baby stick!!

December 19th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Playing the "Hurry up and wait!" game. went in for a blood draw to check HcG and progesterone a little bit before 1pm central time, results take a couple hours and then they'll call me. My luck they'll call me around 5 when it's closing time LOL. Got another BFP on my test when i got home at 1:45pm. If everything looks good they'll have me come back in a couple days and do another blood draw. Just waiting until then though. ugh!

missing our Feb. 2012
December 19th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Nár lagaí Dia do lámh!
December 19th, 2011, 01:44 PM
Results are in: HcG is 378 and my progesterone is a little low so a suppository is being called in. if i go by my last period on 11/17 i would be 33 days. which would put me week 4 of pregnancy but gestational age is slightly off because it's calculated based of your CD minus the standard 14 day ovulation point. I tested on 11/15 and was negative (i looked back on my charts so i'm guessing that has to be the cycle we conceived in with my LMP of 11/17) My labroratory diagnostic book (thank you nursing school education!) says that by gestational age week 3 levels should be betwee 100-10,000 units/L and week 4 would be 1000-30,000 units/L. I think i ovulated between day 12-14 that cycle so taking that off to figure out the gestational age (CD 33 minus 14) puts me at just the end of the second week (those levels are 50-500) which would be an okay range--not super high but not super low either. We'll see thrusday i guess. Medical books are not helpful LOL

missing our Feb. 2012
December 20th, 2011, 07:19 AM
plan4fate's Avatar I may bend, but not break
Send a message via MSN to plan4fate
congrats!

And not everyone fits the moulds for hcg I lurk all over JM and I've seem some pretty awful betas yield perfectly happy babies!
~TTC #1 together 2 years and counting ~

Awesome siggy made by Jaidynsmum
Matthew and Mark 08/24/2005 9w1d, Mattie Anne 04/07/2008 8w Mel and Dee 01/19/2010 (8 weeks) and 5 chemical pregnancies
Hope 07/22/2012@4w1d,Konnor 11/24/2012@3w6d,"Emmy"1/15/2013@ 3w6d,Ronen 02/10/2013@3w5d,Joy 07/19/2013@3w6d, "Pea" 09/06/2013@ 3w3d

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, PCOS, Insulin resistant.
150mcg Synthyroid, 500mg Metformin (aiming for 1500mg)
December 22nd, 2011, 11:15 AM
2nd test results are in: HcG is 847 and progesterone is up from 7.97 to 16.70. :happy dance:

I have to repeat the test on tuesday just to make sure it continues progressing, along with the suppositories. Too early for an ultrasound which i figured as much since i would only be 5 weeks today going off my period of 11/17. Still cautiously excited though. Only my hubby, best friend, you ladies, the August DDC, and my March 09 moms know. So in real life...no one knows basically. It'll be that way for a while until we're sure everything is okay.

oh- keep the good thoughts,vibes, prayers, baby dust, whatever it is that you do my way...it's working so far!

missing our Feb. 2012
December 22nd, 2011, 03:00 PM
host of wttc
yay thats great news hun

thank you to babydoll213 for my sig
December 31st, 2011, 01:24 PM
haven't been updating much here or the August DDC because i've been so nervous. I've now had 3rd and 4th betas and am scheduled for a 5th on Tuesday. oh happy happy joy joy (Note the sarcasm!)

Monday night (day after christmas) i woke up around 630 from a nap having to go pee, like barely can hold it, only to find bright red bleeding. (TMI) passed a quarter-ish sized clot, some "stringy" looking mucus/lining and what looked like flakes of lining. Bleeding kept up until about 3 in the morning. I lost all hope and figured it was over.

went in tuesday morning for my test and the numbers came back at 1500-ish for HcG (by standard doubling rules i should have been well over 3000 with the timeframe between the tests) and 7-ish for progesterone. Both the nurse and i were thinking it probably wasn't going to work out, i ended up leaving work early after i got the results, just didn't feel like dealing with anything.
The nurse called me back that afternoon once the Dr. had read the results and he wanted me to come back in on Friday (yesterday) to see where we were going. I asked her if i needed to get the Rhogam shot on friday if it was indeed a miscarriage since i have a negative blood factor. She had to ask the Dr and called me back and wanted me to come in that afternoon to get it.

Once hubby got home i went and got it since the kiddo was sleeping, what should have took 10mins took me an hour. And of course the nurse asked me why i was getting it and i said i was 95% sure i was miscarrying. And she went into her history and the whole "there's usually a reason even though we don't know it" speel which even though i know that, i really didn't want to hear at that point in time.

Thursday I woke up feelig like I got hit by a truck. Chills, achy, sneezy, my nose was literally dripping on the floor. It would start to run and by the time i'd roll over to grab my handkerchief it would be dripping. ugh. I'm thinking i probably picked it up during one of my 3 dr's office visits in a week along with the stress. Not completely sure if it was the flu or not or just a severe cold because i got the flu shot back in october. who knows. Wasn't and isn't what i needed on top of everything else.

I went back in yesterday and had my blood drawn a little before 10am, the nurse usually called me within an hour and let me know the results even though my dr hadn't read the labs yet. I hadn't heard back by 230 and called and asked for a nurse and asked her if she could tell me how much my numbers went down. She sounded surprised when i said down and she said no, they actually went up: HcG was 2472 and progesterone was up to 10.10. My Hcg rose nearly 1000 in 2 days, the fastest it's raised at any time in the last 2weeks.

I asked if Dr. R had read the tests yet and she goes "well, you know that Dr. R no longer does O.B., is there any reason he's running these?" and then i had to explain the period and bleeding and that we weren't sure if it was a pregnancy or miscarriage and he was running the tests before referring me to another OB in the clinic. The nurse listened and said "well, i'm guessing based on the HcG that it looks like a good pregnancy." made my hopes raise a little bit more

My dr's nurse called me back closer to 530 and repeated the results and that my dr wants me to do another blood test tuesday and depending on the results will order an ultrasound. So hopefully my numbers go up more and i'll have an ultrasound on tuesday afternoon or on thursday (my dr. is off on wednesdays). I'm slowly starting to get my hopes back up.

I'm emotionally worn out with the spotting and bleeding. I've noticed that it picks up when i'm more active. on 12/23 Riley and I went Christmas shopping for DH and that afternoon i had red spotting, i took a suppository and laid down and it stopped and took another one that night when i went to bed. I took one monday night when the bleeding started but don't think much stayed in but i hadn't done anything during the day so i'm not sure what triggered the bleeding. Yesterday we cleaned the playroom together and i started spotting last night after having pretty much nothing for 24hrs. I feel like i'm losing my marbles. DH and I haven't DTD since like the 16th because we're afraid it will cause more spotting/bleeding so we've put myself on pelvic rest which sucks because i need some "feel good" behavior with my hubby LOL. Oh the things we do for our children!

Please keep sending good thoughts our way and hopefully next week i'll have ultrasound pics to share!

missing our Feb. 2012

Last edited by artisticmind; December 31st, 2011 at 01:31 PM.
December 31st, 2011, 01:39 PM
Forgot to mention: the morning that i was to go in to have my 1st blood test done i was reading our newspaper and looked at the horoscopes which i normally blow off and this was mine:

"There are some very strong indications that someone new could enter your life, if not today, very soon. It'll be a person you'll like very much and be thrilled to know."

Everytime i spot or bleed i keep thinking of that and holding on to just that little bit of hope.

missing our Feb. 2012
January 2nd, 2012, 09:17 AM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry that you're on this emotional rollercoaster. I pray everything works out for you, hun! Lots of sticky vibes for you and little bean!

January 2nd, 2012, 01:10 PM
SammyJ's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That sounds so stressful, Annie! I really hope to hear some awesome things after tomorrow Sounds like after your last appt that your numbers are progressing well. Keeping you in my T&P! Good luck with your appt tomorrow! Sticky thoughts!!!FX!

Thanks to *Sharon* for my awesome siggy! My pregnancy blog

January 3rd, 2012, 12:49 PM
Betas came back fairly good in my humble opinon today! HcG came back at 4822 from 2472 (nearly doubled from friday!)! my Progesterone didn't fair so well, it came back at 10.2 from 10.1 but at least it didn't drop. So suppositories still for now but I have an ultrasound tonight at 630pm (about 3.5 hours from now) at our hospital since the clinic didn't have any appointments open today and I offered to wait until tomorrow or thursday for one but the on-call Dr. said he'd rather have me come in and get checked out. So hopefully we see something good tonight, i'd be just over 6 1/2 weeks, will be 7 on thursday going off my november period. Cross your fingers for us ladies!

missing our Feb. 2012
January 3rd, 2012, 01:26 PM
Capns Girl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck......stick baby stick!!

January 3rd, 2012, 05:26 PM
don't have any good or bad news from the U/S it could go either way- in other words still playing the "wait and see game.". Gestational sac (far as i could tell it is in my uterus, didn't look like there was anything in either tube but you know how U/S techs can't give a definite answer) is measuring about 5wks and 2days give or a take a couple days which would be pretty much on track with my november period like i was going off of. Nothing was showing in the sac which could be because it's early on still or i've already lost what was growing but that doesn't necessarily explain my HcG levels going up. Either way i'll be doing more blood draws and probably another ultrasound next week. No pics at this point since it was just an "empty?" sac at this point.

missing our Feb. 2012
January 4th, 2012, 05:54 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
Oh how stressful! Well I hope your next bloodwork gives you good news and baby sticks on and keeps growing! KUP!

January 4th, 2012, 07:44 AM
SammyJ's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awww (((HUGS)) Good for you for doing your best to stay positive and hope for the best. I really hope next week's U/S and blood work will be a little more definitive. Good luck and KUP!

Thanks to *Sharon* for my awesome siggy! My pregnancy blog

January 4th, 2012, 01:22 PM
i think morning sickness kicked in this morning....holy crap! got out of bed to go chase down my son who went downstairs with his Grandpa and about lost it on the way to the bathroom to go pee. Had to sit there and take deep breaths to avoid getting sick. Got a piece of toast down for breakfast and only about 3 swallows out of a can of pepsi as it wasn't sitting well. I'm gonna say it's a good sign and should mean my little bean is still growing. Hopefully I hear back from my dr. tomorrow.

missing our Feb. 2012

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search