How do you ladies feel about Caffeine while TTC?

WTTC Graduates

For WTTC Members who are now TTC or pregnant.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To WTTC Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 2nd, 2012, 01:13 PM
SammyJ's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So I am a huge coffee addict. Love the stuff. In the past few weeks leading up to our TTC date, I starting really cutting back on how much I drink. Now I usually drink like one cup a day and maybe diet coke or something later in the evening. I know some doctors will say a little is okay even in pregnancy, but I just worry about doing anything to hurt my chances of conceiving.

What do you ladies think? Any caffeine lovers TTC or pg right now? How did you handle your caffeine intake? Did you cut it off altogether or do you still have a little?

Thanks to *Sharon* for my awesome siggy! My pregnancy blog

January 2nd, 2012, 06:39 PM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I didn't cut out coffee/caffeine completely, I just cut back. I have my cup of coffee in the morning and thats it. I might have a pop later on but not every day.

Here's a chart to show how much caffeine is in drinks.
Caffeine during pregnancy | BabyCenter

=May '05 and '11

January 2nd, 2012, 08:34 PM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When I was pg with dd I would drink coffee once in a while after all my morning sickness was gone, but by that point, I didn't want it anymore.

I don't drink coffee anymore but I do drink about 8-10oz of green tea every morning and I don't plan on stopping that unless I don't like the taste or something! I have read up on it and you have to drink a seriously excessive amount of green tea for it to be harmful. And I'm pretty sure with coffee it's a limit of 2 cups a day? I could be wrong but thats what I'm remembering in my head.

Considering when I got pg (accidentally) with DD I was not only drinking lots of coffee, but I was also having a beer with dinner a few nights a week, I don't think it affects chances of conception all that much

In fact, one of the reasons I thought I might be pregnant was because all of a sudden one evening, I turned my nose up at my beer and steak dinner, which was VERY abnormal for me!

Oh and also to add, in my first trimester I had to keep a 2 Liter of sugary soda in the fridge bc I would get faint quite a bit!

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

January 3rd, 2012, 07:31 AM
SammyJ's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Very interesting, ladies!

Thanks for your insight! I think at this point I will just play it by ear and see how I am feeling in the first tri. I'll stick with the one small cup and if I don't want it, then so much the better, I suppose!

Thanks to *Sharon* for my awesome siggy! My pregnancy blog

January 3rd, 2012, 08:08 AM
sweet.hun's Avatar We're Complete <3
I didn't cut it out completely, but I did cut back. I only drink 1 cup of coffee a day in the morning and it's about 6oz worth. I can't cut it out completely or i will get a massive headache.

Always missing my 3 angels. 2/9/06, 3/12/11, 5/22/12
January 3rd, 2012, 08:09 AM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I drank coffee through my pregnancy. Id have 1-2 cups a day. If I knew I wanted more than one, or espresso, Id ask for half caf

Thank you *Kiliki* for my awesome siggy!

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
January 3rd, 2012, 11:25 AM
Capns Girl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I cut back on my caffeine a few months before we started TTC. It wasn't really because of the caffeine though. I'm more of a soda drinker and I wanted to cut back the calories....I don't do diet sodas. I avoided it for my first and most of my second trimester but I'll have a can of soda once sometime twice a week right now. To be honest I stopped craving it once I got pregnant.

I only drink coffee once every few months.....it makes me soooooooooo wired!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search