Grad of the Week - Cassie!

WTTC Graduates

For WTTC Members who are now TTC or pregnant.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To WTTC Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 20th, 2012, 05:58 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
The Grad of the Week is me, Cassie.S! Sorry I'm getting this started a day late. I was out of town over the weekend and I've been busy getting caught up on some other stuff. I'll be back in a bit with my Monday post.

Monday: Post an intro about you, family etc. (post as little or as much as you'd like)
Tuesday: Post 20 facts about yourself.
Wednesday: Share pictures of yourself, family, etc .
Thursday: Answer any questions the ladies might have for you (please save all questions asked for this day)
Friday: Post pics that other members request from you. Things you might not think to post yourself.

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby #2 in February!

March 20th, 2012, 07:26 AM
Monday: Post an intro about you, family etc.

Iím Cassie (26), was born and raised in south-central Illinois. I met my husband Andrew (27) on Yahoo messenger in February 2006. We met for the first time in person in March 2006 and have been together ever since. I knew since that first night we started talking that he would someday be my husband. So I was ready to get married much sooner than he was, and I wonít deny that I probably drove him crazy bugging him about it! We picked out the engagement ring around February 2009, but he dragged it out almost another year. He finally proposed the weekend before Christmas 2009 during a weekend trip to Chicago. Even though I knew it was going to happen, it was still perfect! We had dinner at The Cheesecake Factory at the bottom of the John Hancock tower and right out in front is this huge gorgeous Christmas tree. So after dinner we walked out there to check it out, and thatís where he asked me to marry him!

We knew we didnít want the traditional wedding, so we planned a destination wedding in Rancho Palos Verdes, California for July 11, 2010. Although planning everything over the phone and online was slightly stressful, it all worked out and we had the most gorgeous location and I loved every second of it!

We now live about 2 hours south of Chicago. I donít exactly like living here, and I'm hopeful we'll move in the next year, but weíre stuck here at least until we get our house projects finished. Andrew and I both work at the same company. Itís at a major insurance corporate building. I am an administrative assistant and he is a software engineer. We have our sweet little westie, Max. He will be three in May. Heís been a good practice baby for us! haha

I have always wanted to be a mom. I was ready to start our family after getting married, but the hubby wanted to wait. Weíve decided that Iíll be a stay at home mom when we have our little ones, and he wanted us to save up just a bit more, so we'd be set for that to happen. I also think he just wasn't quite ready for it, but once we started trying back in October, I know he's as excited about a baby as I am now. He's been a really good support through this process, too. I just hope our wait won't be much longer!

March 20th, 2012, 10:05 AM
Tuesday: Post 20 facts about yourself.

1. I consider myself to be pretty crafty. I love doing all sorts of crafts. I had an Etsy store for awhile and although it didn't work out, it was still fun.

2. I grew up doing gymnastics on and off from age 3 until about 14. It was so much fun! I loved it and hope that I have girls so I can enjoy it again with them.

3. I am a fruit fanatic! I could snack on fruit all day if it wasnít so expensive. I'm looking forward to getting pregnant so I can tell DH I have an excuse to eat lots of it! haha

4. I also love peanut butter and believe it makes any food better. Waffles, rice cakes, pancakes, yum!

5. I started entering online sweepstakes last Spring and decided earlier this year to start my own product review & giveaways blog. I also have a personal blog. Both links are in my siggy if you're interested in checking them out.

6. Iím addicted to technology and canít imagine living without it. The internet especially!

7. I love animals. My dream would be to own a bunch of land so we could have lots of room and I could have a horse. That will never happen though, but would be a lot of fun!

8. I can't wait to see the Hunger Games movie this weekend!

9. I've just recently started getting into photography. We got a Canon Rebel last month, so I'm still learning all the features. It's kind of overwhelming, but I'm slowly getting the hang of it.

10. I actually started out going to school for Cosmetology and even got my license, but never got a job doing it. I regret that now.

11. I love planning vacations. Iím a super planner. We're going on a big family vacay in 2 weeks to Arizona. I can't wait!

12. I have only been out of the country once and that was on our cruise to Mexico last year.

13. I still donít have a passport. I would love to go to Europe and definitely will someday!

14. I love fixing up our house. Weíre currently remodeling our basement. Well, my husband and his dad are doing all the work right now. Once they have the walls up Iíll paint and make some curtains and such.

15. I love musicals. I've seen Phantom of the Opera and Wicked on Broadway in New York.

16. I absolutely hate working out, other than taking walks out on the trail. I'm loving the walks out in this gorgeous weather we're having lately!

17. And I absolutely hate winter in general. I hate being cold. Remind me again why I live in the Midwest?! We actually had a pretty mild winter this year, so I can't complain too much.

18. I like to play tennis with my husband, but I have some back issues, so have to be careful not to overdo it too much.

19. I absolutely love being with my family and I hate that they are 2 hours away and I donít get to see them nearly enough. I miss them!

20. I cannot WAIT to become a mom!

Last edited by Cassie.S; March 20th, 2012 at 10:08 AM.
March 21st, 2012, 10:47 AM
Wednesday: Share pictures of yourself, family, etc .

Ok, here is our family pic!

And a pic of Baby Max!

An engagement pic:

Our wedding pic:

And then we took pics on the beach the next day:

Here is my family.

Here's one from our wedding trip in California:

And here's one of just me:

March 21st, 2012, 05:02 PM
Any questions or pic requests for me???

March 29th, 2012, 10:05 AM
SammyJ's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ahh love this!! Thanks for sharing, Cassie You and I have a lot in common!

Thanks to *Sharon* for my awesome siggy! My pregnancy blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search