DH could be leaving for 13 weeks

WTTC Graduates

For WTTC Members who are now TTC or pregnant.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To WTTC Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 4th, 2007, 03:31 PM
Bre+Will=Reid
DH has an interview next Monday for a new job. He is pretty sure that they send him to Chicago for THIRTEEN WEEKS for training!! What?!?! What kind of job needs 13 weeks of training?!? He's not 100% sure that it's what the guy said, but can you imagine? Since DH and I have been seriously dating I have never spent more than 3 or 4 days away from him. I'm sure I would fly out to visit him (I would love to go to Chicago) and he would fly back to see me, but what if we aren't pregnant yet? What is we ARE? I'm praying that he gets this job, it would be a true blessing, but 13 weeks away from DH is enough to make me cry at the very thought. If we are still TTC, we might as well put it on hold until he is back, I don't want to stress about choosing weekends to come visit him when I think I might be ovulating. Ugh. If we are pregnant, he will miss appointments. What if I have a loss? I couldn't go through that without him. I can't imagine being pregnant, even if it's healthy, without him there every day.

I guess we wait until after his interview. I keep telling DH that he heard him wrong and it's probably 3 weeks, not 13. The position might not be open until after the 1st of the year, so if he does get it, I guess I would rather already be pregnant.

I don't know how military wives do it I can't imagine!
November 4th, 2007, 03:36 PM
Resi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow! That is a long time to be a part. I hope it is only 3 weeks and he heard wrong. What is the new position for? Chicago is the best city (of course I'm going to say that because I lived there for several years). I think you would really like it there. I can understand how stressful ttc or being pregnant would be with him gone for that long. Best of luck!!
November 4th, 2007, 05:19 PM
bittersweet's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Don't sweat it. I'm a long-distance professional, it's not horrible, you get used to it after a week or so. It may seem over-whelming now, but think about it this way....if spending 13 weeks apart is the worst thing your relationship will ever have to weather, you're doing pretty darn good. You'll see that the world will keep turning...and you'll learn some new things about eachother.

As far as being pregnant for it goes, you'll adapt. Really, you will. And if the unthinkable does happen, you'll handle it...b/c you have to. You probably have no idea just how strong you are. It's the hard times and challenges that really develope your character and relationships.

November 4th, 2007, 05:26 PM
Bre+Will=Reid
It's an inside sales position with Grainger Industrial Supply. It's a Fortune 500 company and one of Fortune Magazine's Most Admired Companies. It would give DH normal hours (m-f, approx 8-6) and the base is right around what he is making now, so any commissions/bonuses would give him a raise. DH actually sold a car to one of the regional sales managers. Obviously when you sell someone a car, you know how much money someone makes....and lets just say this guy was very, very comfortable. It sounds shallow and silly, but it's a clue-in to the fact that this could be a great position for DH. Same reason I took the risk of working for a brand new company where our office was a 1 bedroom apartment.....I saw that my boss, the owner, drove a $90,000 Mercedes. It's like, "Ah, so this is legit!" haha. (we have since moved into a real office, haha)
November 4th, 2007, 06:17 PM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Breanna, I would think the training is for 3 weeks, surely. I hope you can find out soon and that your Dh does well in his interview.

I know you'll make it through no matter what, but I can understand why you are nervous. I'll cross my fingers that the training is only 3 weeks!

November 4th, 2007, 06:56 PM
~Caroline~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can't imagine it could be 13 weeks either! That's a long training! But like bittersweet said, if it does end up being 13 weeks, you will adapt. It will be hard, but you know it would be for the best.

I hope it's 3 weeks though!

November 4th, 2007, 07:56 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
WOW! A new job with better hours would be GREAT b/c I know his erratic hours currently are so stressful on the both of you... but man, 13 weeks! That is a LONG time. I really hope he just heard wrong, I can't imagine THIRTEEN weeks! Geez! Keep us updated on the haps! I hope he gets this position and the training is short... I'm sure he'll excel quickly!

November 4th, 2007, 09:23 PM
Jennifer-in-Italy
My fingers are crossed hoping it is only 3 weeks, but if it is 13 weeks, you will be okay. You find things to keep busy-like when Jer is gone, my girlfriends and I use the time to try out new exercise classes at the gym and do all sorts of crazy things. It's hard, but after a week or two you start to enjoy little things-like having the bed to yourself, getting to buy all the stuff you want to at the grocery store, etc. and then you feel kinda weird when you transition back again. I've done this sooo many times now that I start to look forward to the 3-4 week separations as it gives me some time to focus on just me all over again, and I like that time. I am also more appreciative of DH when he gets back because I realize how much he does for me when he is gone and can't do those things.

November 5th, 2007, 05:36 AM
*Fiona*
I get where you're coming from Bre, DH & I were long distance when we first started dating. It wasn't easy, and I know there are girls here who live like this all the time.... but when it's new, it's very heart wrenching.

I pray he gets this job but doesn't have to have such a long spell away training.

(((((HUGS)))))
November 5th, 2007, 06:15 AM
Resi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree 100% with Jennifer. DH & I lived apart for 1 year after being married. He would come every week to visit for 2 nights and then go back to his moms. He was going to school and working over an hour away. I have to say it was one of the best times in my life. I know that sounds awful but it really made me a strong person and I got to feel so independent. I learned a lot about myself that year.
November 5th, 2007, 09:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
to what Resi and Jennifer said.

Jennifer, I dont think I could have put it any better!
7 lbs 6 oz, 21 inches
November 5th, 2007, 06:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to pidge315 Send a message via MSN to pidge315
I was sad a couple weeks ago when DF had to leave for a week! I couldn't imagin 13 weeks! And sooooo far away! But i live really close to chicago!!!

I think the part that really sucks is the waiting sooo long to ttc, and now you guys might have to stop for a bit is what would kill me the most! Hopefully you get your BFFP (i threw the other f in there bc you sooo deserve it) before he goes away...that way you have part of him with you the whole time kwim? And if you get it quick then he will still be there for the first u/s! With the heartbeat! Nothing else really good comes until 20 ish when you get to check out the baby's sex! and get thos ever so precious prifile pics!

I hope all this works out for you...and that its 3 weeks! and all the good stuff!

BTW~ I got pregnant in November GL GL GL

Audrey(24) mom to Aiden almost (4yr) girlfriend to David (24) waiting on Makayla (Aug 30)!
November 5th, 2007, 10:30 PM
JustBreathe
T&Ps!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search