Dina/Pamala

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Weightloss Buddies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 8th, 2008, 03:28 PM
~*Dina*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey girl. So now we're weightloss buddies. Looking forward to keeping up w/you. We do have about the same amount of weight to lose so this should be great, encouring each other and so forth. Post when you can.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

April 8th, 2008, 04:08 PM
peacoxx's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to peacoxx
I am glad, that way if you started getting ahead I will have to catch up and vice versa....I hope i can be a good WL buddy!

Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

April 8th, 2008, 04:18 PM
Well at the rate I"m going, you'll probably pass me up... The scale hasnt moved much for me since Feb. 11th.

April 9th, 2008, 02:40 PM
Hey Pamala, how are you doing today? I'm still a bit bummed, but not giving up. Today I did 20 minutes of cardio & 10 minutes of circuit weights (all upperbody) then laster I'm going for a power walk (15 min) w/coworkers and then tonight after dinner, Hannah (my 2 yr old) and I are planning a good 1 mile walk (15 min). If I'm not too tired I'll get in a WATP video (15-20 min) tonight while I'm watching TV.

I hope your having a great day.

April 9th, 2008, 08:47 PM
I hope you get out of your funk...i know how that can be, but at least you're still motivated to get ur work out in. I am catching the kids' cold, which is not wonderful, but I did my normal dance like an idiot work out with my little ones and did about 30 minutes today. So i am thrilled about that. It's so fun, i sweat and I feel worked out.

We'll see what tomorrow brings. I have an art gallery showcase for my daughter to attend (hopefully she'll win an award) so I am hoping at this point that I am not too sick to enjoy it.

Other than that, eating well and just trying to get some extra pounds off, so at least it'll be added motivation. I no longer wanna see 200 lbs when i step on no matter what time of day, not even after eating!

April 10th, 2008, 11:12 AM
Have fun at the art gallery thing. How neat. I love to dance too. The kids and I sometimes dance around the house as well, we are a musical family, we all love diff. kinds of music.

Enjoy your day!

April 15th, 2008, 01:30 PM
How's it going? How are you doing today?

April 15th, 2008, 06:02 PM
I am doing fine and u? We had a funeral today (2nd funeral in 1 month's time). Of course they had food at the repass... so i ended up having a fried chicken breast (i removed most of the skin, but had to have a little bit lol) and a small portion of mashed potatoes, yams and a larger portion of string beans and 1/2 a roll. They fixed our plates, and unlike the other funeral we didn't have a choice between grilled chicken or fried.

Other than that, i went to the gym for 1 1/2 hours and got about 1 hour and 15 minutes of stuff in (including sauna).

So far i am just trying not to be hard on myself and thinking positively. Me looking at the scale has been a burden and I have to remember that inches count and in one month's time if things aren't looking right, then we'll see. cross ur fingers.

Oh and we are a musical family too, I sing a little and used to ahve a HIgh School group. She's off doing back up singing with Natasha Beddingfield. I always thought she was the more skilled singer anyways. DH used to get into producing and stuff, but mainly DJ's here and there...

My daughter sings a little and so far i dunno about my sons, DJ is definitely the dancer!

so again, how are things going with you? U think now that u know about your Iron issue that things will get better?

April 16th, 2008, 11:31 AM
Sounds like you've been busy. I'm sorry to hear about the losses, thats so hard! Way to go, hitting the gym hard, thats awesome. I have a problem w/the scale too, I cant seem to keep my butt off of it, and it fluctuates so much grrrrr And is very frustrating.

My kids LOVE to sing, we sing all the time. My oldest dd is in honour choir at school & in the kids choir at church. My ds also loves to sing and can't wait to be in 3rd grade so he can join the kids choir @ church & try out for the honour choir @ school. Dh is a musician, he can play literally anything you give him. He enjoys his guitar & keyboards mostly though. I hope my kids follow in his footsteps. When I met him he played trumpet & keyboards in a ska/funk band. He is really good.

I had such a good day yesterday, I really enjoyed my workouts and I still cant believe I got 1 1/2 hours of excercise in. Probably more than that too, cuz dd had softball practice & my baby dd and I ran around to keep warm during the pracitice..lol

Yes, I do think now that I'm taking the Iron supplement my body should get better. Plus I'm taking a vitamin b-6 as well to help boost my metabolism. I go back to the Dr on the 25th, so I'm going to discuss weightloss w/him. He has prescribed things for me in the past to help jump start the weightloss, so we'll see what he says. He does want me to be at least 150lbs for health.

Well gotta get back to work, I'll post again soon. Have a great day!!!

April 25th, 2008, 10:36 AM
Hey girl, how are you??

May 3rd, 2008, 07:31 AM
This week has sucked. DJ has had an ear infection and the boys were sick, i couldn't go to the gym. Luckily last Saturday i did 2 hours of lawn work that worked me out big time. I still managed to lose weight. Looks like we are trying to lose 10 lbs this month. BTW my friend sings backup for Natasha Bedingfield who is coming to concert here in Norfolk on May 31st. I don't want her to see me tooo big...so i also wanna lose 10 lbs...I know i look decent in the low 180's.

We can do this together. Just stick to your guns, find ur time to work out. I also suggest if you can, get the trampoline from WAlmart. It's such a good work out. One review suggested that u get on it and jump during commercials during ur favorite 1 hour tv show....those little spurts are great cardio and get a good little work out. By the time the show is over u have about 20-30 minutes of exercise. The cords help with resistance training and some of the moves really do a good job.

So good luck this month. WE CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 6th, 2008, 11:09 AM
I hope your kiddo's are feeling better. I just hate it when my babies are sick

I'm feeling low lately, not in the mood to do anything especially excercise. I really need a good kick in the rear to get back on track. I have also been making BAD food choices the last few days. I have my menu planned out for today and I'm GOING to stay on track today, its just so darn hard
I'm sick of the same ol' workouts too. I "plan" to do a job/walk everyday after dinner but I never go out and do it. I just need a pick me up, but I dont know where to find it. I sooooo want to lose 10lbs this month. I know I can do it, I've done it before.

Keep up the good work, your doing awesome!

May 12th, 2008, 12:09 PM
Hey Pamala, how are you doing? I hope all is well. I'm back on track today. I strayed for a bit, but hopefully I can keep my eyes focused this week..lol

May 20th, 2008, 10:42 AM
Pamala, I'm sorry I've been a sucky buddy!! I'm still here. I hope your doing well.

June 1st, 2008, 07:09 PM
I've been a sucky buddy too. I have been sooo busy. How did u do this month. I know we both wanted to lose 10...but i can take 3 lbs loss. I am concerned about inches, and ppl have started to notice and it feels great!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search