NHmomto2/mom2J

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Weightloss Buddies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 6th, 2008, 05:07 AM
first_time_mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi!
my name is Robyn, i'm 22 and mom to jake who is ten months. I live in Ireland and i'm a SAHM.
I'm trying to lose 84 pounds with WeightWatchers. I feel good, i have lost 13lbs in two weeks, but i havent noticed any difference in my clothes or anything. DH says its definitely noticable on my face, but I want it gone off my bum!
I am really liking WW, its teaching me moderation. I realised that I was eating the right foods, but enormous quantities. I kinda felt like if the plate wasnt full then my belly wouldnt be either!

I'm looking forward to getting to know you!

Robyn, wife to Steven, mom to Jake (7th Aug 2007)
June 10th, 2008, 03:43 PM
NHmom2two's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to NHmom2two
Hello! I'm Stephanie, I'm 31 and a mom of two. Gabby is 5 and a half, and Alex is 3. I'm engaged to their daddy and we are planning a March wedding. I joined weight watchers last night with my little sister, she just had a baby five weeks ago and we weigh the exact same thing.
I too have a problem with the moderation, and I am a snacker. So the key for me will be finding lower point snacks that curb my hunger. I am aiming to lose 30 pounds. I look forward to getting to know you and sharing this journey!!!!

June 12th, 2008, 01:34 AM
wtg on joining up! i suppose its too early to ask how you are finding it!

i'm feeling really hungry the past few days. i drink loads of water, but i feel constantly hungry. i want to graze! i have stocked up on bowls of cherries and strawberries to pick at, but i am so hungry after them, they just taste like more! i do need to find some healthy snacks, especially for the evenings when baby is in bed. if you find anything good let me know!

what are your favorite foods and have you found the points for them?

June 14th, 2008, 01:21 PM
Robyn,
The first couple of nights I was STARVING!!! I am a big time snacker so it was really hard for me come 9pm when I had no points left and my stomach was angry!!!! But the last couple of nights I have been able to better manage my daytime points and have some left for a little snack when the hunger hit! Snacks that i have found to be good are, the WW lemon cakes at 1 point each, WW chocolate chip cookies, also 1 point each. I love freeze pops, and get this, they are 0 Points!!!!! So I eat a bunch throughout the day. As for grazing... that's me too, but I have just fought the urge mostly, but when it has overwhelmed me, I just eat cucumbers with Ken's Italian spritzer stuff, which is 0 points!!!! LOVE THE ZEROS!!!
One of my favorite foods is Ice cream which of course is not really ok! But I plan on buying some of the WW ice cream treats. Also I have been looking at the WW frozen dinners, they look ok, and the one I have tried was not bad, my only complaint was it had too much Cranberry sauce on the turkey. Oh and I added some Garlic to my potatoe for a little added flavor.

June 14th, 2008, 01:59 PM
great to hear you are managing your points better. i'm not. i am supposed to have 26 points a day, but i always feel like a piggy eating too much, so i never use more than 20. i know this is going to hinder my weightloss, but it just feels like dieting should be more limited, kwim? i got the ww cookbooks so i cook from that every night. they have the points worked out per portion so its sooo much easier than working every tiny ingredient yourself. tonight i had red and green pepper burrittos for 4 points. so yum.

do you have the switch version of weight watchers?

June 14th, 2008, 08:40 PM
I don't know what the switch version is... And I am so buying a cookbook at my next meeting! I went over my points tonight, we had a birthday celebration and I ate cake... but I just used my weeklys!

June 16th, 2008, 07:24 PM
So I survived my first week! And I lost 3.2 pounds!!!

June 24th, 2008, 08:29 AM
wtg that is so awesome!!!

sorry i have been such a bad buddy lately. i havent been feeling too good about myself and i havent had any energy, i didnt want to bring you down when you are doing so great!
i feel like i'm back on track now, apart from the energy problem. i cant seem to sort it. its getting so bad that i didnt even bother to cook dinner last night cos i just couldnt find the energy to do it. the doctor cant find anything wrong, so i'm thinking its all in my head!

how have you been doing?

June 24th, 2008, 11:58 AM
I've been doing good, I'm down another 1.6 pounds this week. As for the energy, I was having that problem at work at first and I found if I eat something with some sugar in the mornings it helps me. I use the majority of my points in the morning and at dinner. For lunch I just eat a cucumber with 0 point dressing so that I can save those points for when I need them.

July 14th, 2008, 07:28 PM
Robyn?? are you still around???

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search