Mandy/Kristine

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Weightloss Buddies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 10th, 2008, 11:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We decided to pair up, now we gotta work on stuff

July 10th, 2008, 07:24 PM
mythreesons's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Mandy! How are you doing? I have to get myself mentally in the game. I am definitely ready to lose the weight and get healthy!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my wonderful siggy!

Me: Kristine

July 11th, 2008, 12:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
i am slowly getting there. I wanted to go walking but instead helped the inlaws move. i did good for the most part on what i ate today. I think the hardest two steps are figuring out what to do and getting started. I do think it's when you expect to not have failure that you quit. I mean you did just have a baby, so take it slow, especally after surgery. You can do it though! one day at a time and it'll drop in no time. I think when ya look at it that way, as wanting to get healthy and not wanting to just get skinny you win

July 12th, 2008, 07:25 AM
I agree with you on the getting healthy thing! I just want to be able to run around and keep up with my boys. (and looking good doesn't hurt either).

I am going to start the eating healthy tomorrow. Tonight is my and DH's anniversary, so I don't want to restrict myself in terms of eating. I have a meal plan and mind (I am definitely a planner) and am ready to go. I am hoping to go for a short easy paced walk (about 15 minutes) just to get into the swing of exercise.

Helping the in laws move is a good form of exercise. I also think that you need to take baby steps. Slowly changing the way you eat is probably easier than cutting out all of your favorite treats.

We can both do this. Keep up the great work and before long we will be chasing our boys around the yard (without having to catch our breath )

I'll try to pop on once a day but unfortunately, I don't always have the time.

July 13th, 2008, 11:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
i agree slow and steady. I plan on walking about 15 minutes a day as a family, that way the boys get to go for a ride I have been trying to do things like a salad for lunch or a sandwich without the cheese, etc. I need to step it up and actually commit to walking, every single day, no matter what. today my husband and i went to the swap meet 9 he loves it, i am like ehh) but we walked quite a bit. so if i don't go for a walk around the neighborhood tonight i won't feel as guilty.

Happy anniversary yesterday, ours was like 2 weeks ago Good luck on starting today, you can do it.

I will pop on once a day too, or atleast try. maybe we can get each other's messenger information and say hello and check on each other

July 16th, 2008, 02:11 PM
Sorry I haven't checked in! It has been a long couple of nights. . .it seems none of the boys want to sleep.

I am not doing as well as I had hoped, exhaustion makes it difficult to exercise and my motivation to eat healthy is dwindling. I think I need to set up a schedule the night before and have all of my food for the day planned out. Otherwise, I will grab the closest thing I can shove in my mouth. . .which is usually unhealthy.

July 20th, 2008, 08:48 AM
Hi Mandy! How have you been doing? I am doing okay. DH had to work a lot of extra hours so I made a lot of convenience foods to eat. It is tough to make a meal with the three boys. I am going to try to premake some stuff today so that I have some healthy choices available.

I hope you are doing well!

August 7th, 2008, 11:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
i am sorry i haven't responded. i kinda fell off the wagon a bit. this time of year is very hard for me to stay on the wagon. my sister died about 7 years ago this week, and when that happened, my body stopped metabolising right, so I went from a size 9 to a size 15-16 in 3 weeks. so between the emotional part now, and feeling depressed about the gain that started the downhill spiral, i just fell off, but i am going to try to stay on. I will be out of state from friday night 8/8 until atleast the 24th, i am hoping to have access while there tending to my grandma. sorry again that I lacked, and i hope you are doing great!!!!! keep it up girl, you'll get there in no time

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search