Candie!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Weightloss Buddies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 3rd, 2009, 05:18 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aww, you're so sweet and so motivating! I can't believe the price of Gonal F-a dollar a unit-my first day will cost me $375??????? RU kidding me? How is that even legal? Here, my govt pays 100% for therapeutic abortions in my OR each week, yet I just shelled out $10K and have no guarantee that I'll ever have another child-why doesn't my govt care about that? And I have the ability to support my family, and my children will thrive-what is wrong with this world??? I wish I was a breeder

The past three days, I've learned that if I'm hormonally snacky, to reach for fruits and vegs first, we've also got lots of 100 calorie packs in the house, so I non-guiltily gorge on those. Fills the void, and I don't feel overcome with guilt. If I weren't so tired I'd get some exercise in-I don't know how I'm gonna manage the next three days at work; I couldn't even focus at my piano lesson today.
February 3rd, 2009, 11:39 PM
EricsMom's Avatar SuperMommy!
The injectibles zapped the crap out of my energy.

My extended health plan covers all my meds THANK GOD, I just have to have the money to put up front then get reimbursed. Unfortunately I don't have $2500 for one cycle lying around (that's what the last one cost). You're right - it's ridiculous that I can kill a an unborn baby free of charge but can't get financial help to bring a child into this world. It's all so frustrating.

All you can do right now is take it day by day and not worry too much about the days ahead. Keep your chin up, focus on your eating even if exercise slides for the next few days and get as much rest as you need.

Hugs.

TTCMA Again (after a 4 year break of NTNP, 8 yrs total TTC'ing #2)
Cycle #1 - July/Aug 2013 - BFN
5mg Femara CD3 - 7, Trigger CD25, CD32 Prog. 26.1, 10/11 Day LP
Cycle #2 - Aug/Sep 2013 - a bust ... no "O" ... waiting for injectibles protocol

Me (38) Annovulatory, PCOS, IR and Type 2 Diabetes, DH (44), DS (8)

"Learning to have faith, think positively, believe in myself and trust in God."

February 4th, 2009, 08:34 PM
Thanks Candie We got our last SA results back-they're perfect! Onto injectables next week!!

How has your day been?
February 6th, 2009, 01:02 PM
Hi!

Sorry I didn't post yesterday I was really busy at work. I had an off food day yesterday but I'm on the game today. I've been reminding myself strongly the "one" off day has not kept me at this weight so I'll let it slide, not worry about it and stay focused on today (I can't change what I did yesterday).

I'm feeling kinda crappy today, I have another cold again. It's all in my head so my eyes are watering, I'm sneezing and my nose and throat are scratching feeling.

What are your plans for the weekend? I might take my son swimming tonight. I definitely need to go grocery shopping but I might do that after 9pm - it's so peaceful to go shopping when the child and hubby are at home and there's hardly anyone in the store. Tomorrow my sister and I are going into Vancouver for the Health and Wellness Fair. It's a great exhibit with seminars and demos, etc. I haven't been in 3 years so hopefully it'll help inspire me to stay on track. One of the 1 hour seminars is on fertility. I'm looking forward to a day away from the boys - it'll be good for them to have a day together as well. Sunday will be church and then a low key day at home.

I just finished an Orange Sesame Chicken SmartOnes meal for 4 pts - it was really yummy. That with some veggies and dip and I'm really full.

Well my lunch break is almost over so I must run. Great news on the SA by the way! Hope you have an awesome weekend.

Cycle #2 - Aug/Sep 2013 - a bust ... no "O" ... waiting for injectibles protocol

February 6th, 2009, 03:47 PM
The wellness fair sounds cool! We don't have anything like that up here, just monster trucks shows Though the Backyardigans are coming in March!!

Good for you for staying on track! WTG!!!

I worked today, so I couldn't snack all day, and now we're just about to eat-DH made us roasted chicken, vegs and potatoes-yummy!

No plans this weekend. DH is on nights all weekend, Nolan and I might go for a playdate, or maybe swimming.
February 9th, 2009, 12:45 PM
I have to make this quick - how was the baseline u/s today? What's the plan now?

February 9th, 2009, 04:16 PM
It was great, I think---no cysts, 4mm lining. I start Gonal F and Luveris on the 11th, have to be in Calgary on the 14th!!

I was tracking today and drank all my water! I've eaten my points already, but I still can afford a few Flex pts, so those will get me thru the evening.

How did you do?
February 26th, 2009, 12:26 PM
Marie

I'm so sorry that I just disappeared. You've been so wonderfully supportive and I just stopped coming to the boards. I saw your posting about your IVF cycle. I just wanted to say don't lose hope just because there weren't enough eggs for IVF. On my injections cycle they cancelled it after 2 weeks of injections because I had no dominent follies. I took the Ovidrel just in case and lo and behold I did O - my 7 day progesterone wa 76 and even the Dr. was baffled. Keep your chin up and think positive. It only takes one sperm and one egg remember!

Good luck, Hun and keep me posted.

February 26th, 2009, 02:49 PM
Thanks Candie-you're so sweet! I get to poas starting on around March 4th-I can't wait! We've always known that I O based on progesterone levels, but this time I feel like I might actually get a bfp!

I hope you're feeling more motivated and hopeful today. You can do this-I know you can!
February 27th, 2009, 12:31 PM
Great! I'll send lots of sticky vibes your way!

Thanks, too. I'm doing good today - had 3 great on track days.

I'll be watching for your BFP post!

February 28th, 2009, 08:51 AM
Yay for 3 great days!!!

5 days until I poas!!!
March 4th, 2009, 12:57 PM
POAS YET ? ? ?

March 5th, 2009, 03:53 PM
I got my first real negatives today since the trigger-I'm 12dpost trig and 10dpiui today.
March 6th, 2009, 01:20 PM
Well at least you know the next BFP you see will be the real thing! I'm keeping everything crossed for your BETA on Tues.

How are you feeling (side effects)?

I couldn't log on and post for 2 days because of the upgrades . . . why can't they leave well enough alone? :-)

March 7th, 2009, 03:49 PM
some SE like passing nausea, sore bb's, but today lots of cramping, and another bfn this am on FRER, so I'm wondering if the witch'll show before Tuesday
March 10th, 2009, 03:09 PM
Hey, Marie.

Did you get your results yet???

March 10th, 2009, 08:27 PM
no result today, I'll call tomorrow afternoon. still getting bfn's, but no af
March 11th, 2009, 12:32 PM
Hey, Marie.

I haven't seen a post anywhere but I noticed your siggy. Did the witch show? I'm so sorry - I had such hopes for this cycle for you.

March 11th, 2009, 10:13 PM
She showed today, and so did a neg hcg-this cycle is over
Thanks for your support, Candie-it really means alot to me. This gives me a 10lb wt loss goal in the next 12 weeks before I go back for my next IVF cycle-are you with me?

Are you doing the Shred video? I'm gonna start back tomorrow, wanna do it with me?
March 12th, 2009, 01:02 PM
I'm really sorry about that ugly

Your goal sounds great. My goal for the end of May is to be down 22 more pounds. It sounds like a lot but I've been down each of the last 3 weeks from changing what I eat only (and I haven't been counting points either). I know if I kick in to gear with exercise and counting points then I can have a couple of good weeks since I have so much to lose anyway. I really want to be able to go back to the RE in June.

I don't have the Shred video but I have Bob's Boot Camp video which I can do as well. Do you do the Shred everyday? The first day I did Bob's video 2 weeks ago I actually torn my right quad muscle and couldn't do anything for a week. This time I'll make sure I do extra warm ups and stretching before starting.

Sounds like we have a great plan. Are you going to be tracking your points as well? We need to hold each other accountable and post every day (I know I'm bad for that) but I've actually been on every day this week.

I gotta get back to work here. Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you and sending you a great big I know how devastating it is to get the results, no matter how much you prepare yourself.

One other question - how do I create a siggy? I wanna to start posting pics and get a weightloss ticker. I have NO idea how to do that - I've just learned how to put my photos on my computer at home.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search