Luckymama09/~*~ThePastorsWife~*~

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Weightloss Buddies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 19th, 2009, 08:26 AM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma
Let's start just by getting to know each other a little better!

I'm Stephanie. I'm 28 (for a few more months anyway) wife to Matt and mom to Sierra who is almost 11 and Will who is 7 1/2. Matt and I have tried to have our first together for nearly three years, but after 5 miscarriages and several failed clomid cycles, I decided it was time to focus on getting healthy and losing weight in hopes that it will help my body remember how to stay pregnant again. I've attempted to lose weight in the past but never lasted past week two of any diet before. I started this time on December 27th, and I am now in my 4th week of eating healthy and working out.

I live in a rural area and I am a SAHM. Since the closest gym is over an hour away that isn't an option for me. I'm working out with the help of DVD's, some free weights that I have and hope to be purchasing a treadmill soon too. I'm weighing in at 193 right now and hoping to get down to 130ish. Even 135 would make me very happy. I work out six days a week with Sunday being my day off. I'm just usually so busy with church and visiting family that there is no way I could get any exercising done that day.

I am looking forward to getting to know you better and encouraging each other to keep moving!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!
January 19th, 2009, 08:38 AM
Wolfmama09's Avatar " He's a marshmallow!"
Hey! I was jsut about to post this same thing lol.

I'm 21, mother to Dashawn who will be 2 next SUnday. Not married as of yet lol, one day maybe. Many of my diets have failed because I love eating! The longest I've went on a weight lost journey was 2 months and that was only because it was a work realted "Biggest Loser" contest and everytime you gained a lb you had to pay $1.lol. Everyone started giving up so I jsut joined the bandwagon. I did end up losing 12 lbs ( I was at my highest at the time and went from 215 to 203.) I started out this time @ 210 and have worked my way to 203 again. When i past that number i will really start kicking it up a notch lol. I would like to get down to 150 (my prepregnancy weight) and then go down from there.

January 19th, 2009, 02:01 PM
I probably would have stuck with previous diets better if I had to pay $1 for every pound I gained too! lol

I hope Dashawn has a happy birthday! They grow up soo fast!

January 19th, 2009, 04:36 PM
I've been thinking about joinginthe YMCA's Biggest loser challenge but i don't know if i want to get involved w/ somethign i can't finish lol. it's one thing to lose weight and another to do challenges w/ other ppl and such lol

They do grow up fast!It seems like i blinked and BOOM, he's 2! lol

January 20th, 2009, 07:03 PM
I told my daughter that I swear I just gave birth to her a few weeks ago, but here she is....nearly 11 years old. It's crazy! And my baby is 7 1/2 now. It doesn't even seem possible.

I thought about skipping my work out today. I haven't been feeling that good, and the thought of facing Jillian today wasn't that appealing. I didn't want to come in here and tell all the ladies that I bailed on day two though, so I did it.

January 20th, 2009, 07:07 PM
WTG!!!:cheers: Sometimes I think about skipping out too but I've been nominated for that slug award 1 X too many lol. That alone will keep you in check lol. HOw does the 30 day shred video work? Like what kinds of exercises are in it? I'm going to be joing up next week after i buy it lol. I need to prepare myself because i know Jillian can kick some serious butt!

January 22nd, 2009, 08:59 PM
She does 3 minutes strength training, followed by 2 minutes of cardio and then 1 minute of abs. You repeat that 3 times. Some of the stuff you do are jumping jacks, jump rope, butt kicks, punches, push ups, squat and press, side lunges with a forward raise, forward lunges with a bicep curl, chest flies and then crunches, reverse crunches, bicycle crunches......it's tough, but it's worth it!

January 24th, 2009, 07:42 PM
You know I'm really ticked! I went to Walmart to see if they had the dvd and they were sold out! lol. Now I had to order it from their website and it's gonna take a few days. I'm gonna be sooooo behind you guys! grr...makes me mad. But on the bright side i did get some 3 lb weights (starting off light lol), a jump rope, a pedometer, and a cardio workout dvd lol

January 24th, 2009, 08:24 PM
I've actually been using my 2 pound weights for most of it. I have 2, 5 and 8 pounders. I tried the 5 and it whipped my butt. I do use them with my cardioMax DVD but I started with the 2 pounds there too. I think it works out much better to start light and work your way up. If you start out to heavy you are just going to burn out and give up (which has been my problems in the past.

I hope you get the DVD soon.

January 25th, 2009, 10:02 AM
yeah, i started to buy the 5 lb ones but tried them out in aisle lol, i figured they would be too heavy for me and i would give up.lol

January 29th, 2009, 06:14 PM
So what are/were your goals for the week and are you doing good?

January 30th, 2009, 07:40 PM
Sorry I haven't been posting much. Between sick kids...me sick, and some personal issues....there just isn't enough time in the day sometimes.

My goals this week were:
~ 80 ounces of water daily
<strike>~30 day shred 6 days</strike>Only 5 because I hurt my knee and missed a day
~ crunches 3 days (at least!)
~ 2 days of strength training

OT Goals
<strike>~ 30 minutes of bible reading daily</strike> I have done some, but not as much as I wanted
~ 30 minutes of prayer daily
~ post a blinkie gallery
<strike>~ stay on top of housework all week! (I'm bad about letting it pile up and then having to spend an entire day cleaning.) </strike> Everything but the laundry is done. My dryer quit working though, so there isn't a lot I can do about that.

How about you? How are you doing on your goals?

March 29th, 2009, 08:46 PM
hey, haven't been on lately what with ds being sick, me being sick and then ds again lol. I'm finally getting back into my exercise routine and I am so ready to get back started!!!! So how much have you lost so far?

April 1st, 2009, 02:27 PM
I'll be honest, I haven't weighed myself lately. I need to weigh in tomorrow morrning. I have still been checking measurements though, and have taken around 6 inches of my waist since Christmas! I'll have to see about doing new measurements and maybe pictures on Saturday.

I need to do something to get motivated again. I've not been doing so great lately.

I'll be honest, I haven't weighed myself lately. I need to weigh in tomorrow morrning. I have still been checking measurements though, and have taken around 6 inches of my waist since Christmas! I'll have to see about doing new measurements and maybe pictures on Saturday.

I need to do something to get motivated again. I've not been doing so great lately.

April 4th, 2009, 09:44 PM
I completely understand. I haven't either. I'm lacking motivation, time, and I am not making healthy food choices. I need to do this and stop bsin around lol. I weighed in MOnday at 204...i was down to 198. There's no excuse for that, If i keep it up I'll be right back @ 210 or worse! lol. We can do it buddy!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search