ameriguat & Cherished

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Weightloss Buddies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 4th, 2009, 01:55 PM
Cherished1's Avatar On an extended babymoon
Hi Ameriguat!

YAY just a quick post to get us started

Our Amazing Water Birth Story
July 4th, 2009, 04:15 PM
ameriguat
Yay J! Where do we start?
July 4th, 2009, 05:31 PM
Hello again

Well I guess we start by posting about whatever we want and generally being a support for each other

I think I should 1st declare what my goals are so that I will we accountable to them.

So I aim to loose 15 kg (33 pounds)
I will stick to 1200 calories per day (net... So if I burn 200cals working out I can eat 200 cals more) and enter them into my diary and I will continue to drink my 2 ltrs of water a day and workout at least 4 times a week.

I'm going to get another ticker in pounds so that you will know what I am up to andI will change mine because I lost my log in to record my weight loss with this one

Anyway my day is going well, I've been cleaning the windows (big job) so decided to put on my heart rate monitor and I have burnt 300 cals so far... hehehhe do you think it's a bit cheeky using housework as a workout???

July 4th, 2009, 06:09 PM
ameriguat
I really think you should join Free Diet Plans at SparkPeople It is AWESOME! I track my food, exercises, and workouts there.

I aim to eat 1000 calories per day and work out at LEAST 30 min a day.

Today I've eaten:
CALORIES CARBS FAT PROTEIN
932 95 38 58

I've also worked out 32 min doing zumba abs, butt and thighs
July 4th, 2009, 09:05 PM
Hello again

OK I've signed up to SparkPeople, there's heaps to look at over there! I was on there for like an hour and still didn't find my way around lol.... I'm sure there are some tools I will find very helpful.

About 2 years ago I lost 5kg/11pounds in 10 weeks just by using a food diary from calorie king... Once I had finished that I was like a walking calorie counter! I find it really easy now and am happy to jot it down as I go in my diary that way I have it with me whereever I go.... (I'm sure you can get SparkPeople on your mobile phone though?) I bet it is totally addictive like facebook! From what I saw it would be great if I could just transfer over my totals to SparkPeople iykwim, I'll have a look later to see if I can do that....

Anyway back to what I do now... my dh also made me an xls spreadsheet which is great I add the food into the database once and then when I want to add it to the days diary I just select the food and how much I ate of it etc, it makes it really easy and I know exactly how many calories I am eating because the brand I have purchased is what is in the database iykwim.... I use that spreadsheet to quickly workout the calories and than I write it down in my hard copy diary (even though it is totaled in the spreadsheet anyway) It seems odd to do that but sometimes I will be out and jot down something it my diary and don't be bothered putting in into the computer I love my little set up anyway

Far out I am sore today though... My window washing turned into a mission! and I burnt 500cals! YAY

July 4th, 2009, 10:14 PM
yeeeerrrrrrrhhhaaaaaa (to be read in your best cowgirl voice)

dh & I have a budget that we stick to and we have a generous section for our play money... However we don't get it unless we do nice things for eachother such as "I'll give you $5 for a 5 min massage" etc and it adds up and we have that much 'play money'... Soooo I've convinced him to allow me play money for loosing weight heheheh So the agreement basically breaks down to a certain amount for each kg I loose and an amount for each day that I complete my diary... I will end up with around $650AUS ($525USD) So I will be going on a shopping spree!

July 5th, 2009, 04:24 PM
Hi J

Well this morning was my official weigh in and I have lost 400g this week I would have like more but my other results are really good... here's a run down of what has happened so far Bare in mind that whilst my maingoal is to loose kg's on the scales I'm also focused on increasing my metabolisim and decreasing the % of body fat

I tried to upload one of my xls spreadsheets in a PDF format so you can see what I am using for visual motivation... You can see it but not that clearly.... and they in landscape! (It wouldn't save a copy in portrait format!) arrrhhhh when you click on the link the images look blank but click on the blank looking image and it will come up

I was pretty happy with myself yesterday as dh and I even went for a walk before dinner even though I was stuffed! Hope you are doing well... btw what day is your weigh in day?

ImageShack Gallery

Last edited by Cherished1; July 5th, 2009 at 04:40 PM.
July 6th, 2009, 07:48 AM
ameriguat
the good thing was that you lost! Yesterday was really bad for me. We went over to some people's house and we drank (ahh) BUT After everything I still only in took 1500 calories which isn't bad. You do NOT have to use excel for your book. When I go on Sparkpeople. I stay to three tabs. Start - this has the tab for your weigh in, I put my weight and measurements. Nutrition - This is where I track my food, if you don't see your food you can click the little button that searches what other people already put in so you don't have to do it. They basically have EVERYTHING. Last, I use Fitness, you can track every exercise you do from house cleaning to aerobics. Let me know your user name so I can add you to my friend list. My name on there is Jennys_lab.

I didn't weigh myself today. I didn't want to! Today is my fasting day which is where I drink water and eat 6 apples. I need it after last night! I also am going to the gym after work and am going to do the eliptical for an hour or so.

That's it for now.

I checked out your excel docs that is great! BTW, Sparkpeople does the same thing! I love that website.
July 6th, 2009, 05:24 PM
Hi

I will check out spark people some more when I have time... I love my little set up at home and seeing I already have everything so easy I will probably just stick to that... It would have been great to have found sparkpeople 3 years ago though iykwim

Apples???? Wont you be STARVING? I would be... I'm ready for morning tea now actually....

I love a glass of red wine but have limited myself to one night a week IF I am out socially (no drinking at home) this week will be Friday night again as I'm heading out for dinner with a girlfriend YAY...

well I'm at work so will check back in later... enjoy the gym, I think I will do a workout in my lunch break (I have 2 hours) woohooo

EDIT on my lunch break.....no workout! I got stuck on the net lol maybe my good intentions will turn into a workout when I get home from work tonight.

Last edited by Cherished1; July 6th, 2009 at 07:45 PM.
July 7th, 2009, 06:47 AM
ameriguat
Yeah...it didn't get to the gym but I did go home and do 45 min of Zumba so that's okay. I didn't even want to work out but I'm glad I did it. I had 3 apples and was fine until I got home then I NEEDED food. I stayed with the burbon chicken so..it was more healthy then other options.
July 7th, 2009, 05:00 PM
Morning I'm glad you ate more than apples yesterday... Do you mind me asking where you got your diet from? As in working out every day, one day of fasting and staying under 1000 cals?

I didnt' work out either! AND I ate too many cals (1500) am very disapointed with myself. scals still say the same 71.7kg... AF arrived today YAY so 2 more weeks and I am officially ttc again woohooo

I'm at work, gotta run

July 8th, 2009, 08:32 AM
ameriguat
One of my gf in California lost a TON of weight and she looks amazing...she's the one who told me that. I'm doing good, watching my calories not eating toooo much and working out. I did the wii last night. jogged for 30 min. I really wish I had a work out buddy though...come to the US!
July 8th, 2009, 05:07 PM
Morning! I'm at work again hehhehe

I wish I had workout buddy too! I've just been thinking lately that I'd like to find someone who has a home gym too and we can go to eachothers house once a week so 2 work outs together each week.... will be hard to find someone here though. I've had 2 training partners in the past, one was a guy who totally showed me how to waight train (I looked HOT back then) so wish I was like that now... The 2nd partner was a girl who I 'dragged' to the gym each day, I was tired of pushing her iykwim. I'm pretty self motivated really so all is good

I had a great day yesterday, workout and 1200 cals YAY this mornign I was 71.6kg wooohooo, gotta get down way more by Monday!

got my hair cut yesterday which always makes me feel good, I totally want a GHD though and I will be set for 'looking good'

I did run into a girl I know and she is about to have a bub in 2 weeks! I didn't even know she was pg so depressing!!!!! I just want to hid away until I am either at least 60kg OR pregnant that way I wont get so down... I know you know how I feel about this...

gotta run xo

July 9th, 2009, 04:27 PM
ameriguat
I feel ya! I either want to say, shut up I'm pregnant....LOL but I can't yet and I really want to get some off. I am soooo stressed right now. I have to write a 12 page paper by Sat night and I'm half way done so I feel a little better. I didn't work out last night because I was stressing about it and I got my other 5 page paper written and next thing I knew it was 11:00! SO today I've been working on my other paper and I'm so tired. Thank god I got to work from home today or I wouldn't know what I'd do. I have stayed in my calorie intake but it hasn't been the best choices....o well, at least it's under. I think I'm going to weigh myself every monday....because its all over the place now.

Ok...back to writing my paper!
July 10th, 2009, 05:19 PM
Hi there

I had a great night last night out for dinner, I only had 2 glasses of wine, I had a healthy curry for dinner which would have been great BUT then I got an icecream for dessert!!!! So I really need to burn an extra 300 cals today which means a HUGE wrokout. I go tono the scales this mornign and I had pout on 200grams

At this stage I weight the same as I did on Monday 71.7kg so I'd better loose something today and tomorrow!

I'm off to the markets today in fact I might head off now

July 11th, 2009, 04:03 PM
ameriguat
I have been sooo busy! I finally finished writing over 20 pages and finished a presentation. I haven't worked out hard in a few days but I want to today. I did play wii if that counts Other than that, I'm doing okay. I hope I've lost on monday but I won't weight myself till Wednesday. I have to go to D.C. tomorrow so I won't be online till after that. Good luck! I'll talk to you when I come home.
July 12th, 2009, 02:53 PM
YAY Not as bad as I thought! a loss of 300g... I thought the scales werer going to stop on 71.3 but turned to 71.4 right at the last second (I hate it when it does that!) I'm really going to do my workouts this week and get well into the 70's next Monday I'm so proud of myself for sticking at my diary for 3 weeks and I don't see an end in sight, just so happy today... AND I think today will see the end of AF and the whole mc drama and I will be back ttc in a couple of weeks with a strong ovuataion (hopefully) Ahhh all is well in Oz

July 15th, 2009, 10:12 AM
ameriguat
Well, DC went very well and we took pics at the capital building and let me tell you, they were depressing! omg but I didn't track anything I ate, but I really didn't eat much. I haven't weighed myself, I forgot to do it this morning.
July 15th, 2009, 08:16 PM
Hello How come the pics were depressing? I'm sure you will be fine with what you ahve eaten, as long as there is a loss on Monday all is good... I did a HUGE workout last ngiht with a friend and it was fantastic... BUT this morning I was 500 grams heavier So I will be looking for a loss on Monday too...

Im not going too good with the bleeding side of things. the mc was 41 days ago and I am still bleeding or spotting. I have an OB appointment next Tuesday (Monday your time) and I had a scan yesterday (which seemed ok) but I spoke to the OB on the phone last night and he said I will most likely need a D&C so that will be next Friday... Will have to see what happens... The good thing is that it will give me more time to loose weight like another 10-12 weeks so I will have really gotten some weight off in that time.

I'm still eating well and feeling good, chat later

July 15th, 2009, 09:53 PM
ameriguat
The pics were depressing because my boobs are HUGE! I did do some taebo today for 55 min and another 20 min light. I wore a vinyl suit and sweat like CRAZY. Don't freak out about a pound here a pound there. Our weight can fluctuate up to five lbs from when we get up and go to sleep. I'm sorry about your miscarriage, I hope after your D&C things go back to normal.

Good luck!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search