Marie & Jennifer

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Weightloss Buddies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 20th, 2010, 07:30 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
Good Morning, Marie. DH is home sick today, he's so miserable it is no fun at all. I'm still going to do a back/bicep routine, some cardio and then maybe some yoga if I have time. I have to work tonight, too. Man, I hope I don't get sick- I have to cover extra shifts this weekend.

How are all the kids getting along?

Any word from Kelty?

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

January 20th, 2010, 09:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Soooooo sorry! It's been crazy around here. We had Max's baptism this past weekend and I was in panic mode. My diet is going well. Exercise is picking up again now that my shoulder doesn't hurt as much. I'll update more later! I'm running kids everywhere today. My oldest son is at the high school for a scholarship contest, Max is at Grandma's, one has an eye appt this afternoon and then they have band and music lessons. DH is working late, so I'm trying to figure out how all of this is going to work.
AHHHHHHHHHHH! I'll be on later and completely catch up. AGain....soooo sorry I went MIA!

January 20th, 2010, 09:48 AM
No worries, K.... sometimes real life comes first. I'm just glad to see you're doing okay. Congrats on Max's baptism...!

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

January 20th, 2010, 06:42 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
4 kids are exhausting, the toddlers do nothing but scrap and fight over toys all day, I made the mistake of taking them both to their swimming lessons on my own this morning, I was in tears when I got home and dh met us at the house. Will this get easier or did I bite off more than I can handle??? Its been a bad mental health day

I'm eating buttered popcorn and chocolate, that kind of day.... I've never been so glad to see AF show in all my life
January 20th, 2010, 10:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It will definitely get easier and it will seem like time has just FLOWN by...really, I mean it! I'm so sorry you'e had such a chaotic and rough day. I never got my work out in today. I'm feeling bad, but, diet is still going well. I'm down about 4 lbs. Of course, when I look at the 45+ that I still want to lose...ugh

It's after midnight. I had Shetrade ( A women's investment club that I belong to) tonight. I'll touch base again tomorrow.

I can't believe Max is going to be 4 months old on Friday... Wow. Time is just flying by!

January 21st, 2010, 08:44 AM
Marie, sorry you had a bad day yesterday. Yes, I am sure things will settle down and the kids will start getting along better soon.

DH is back to work today, and so far I'm not showing signs of getting sick. I haven't had much appetite, but I think that's from being paranoid that I might get sick. Everything I eat I assume might be coming back up in a few hours... makes me real selective, LOL!

Yesterday I did my routine for back and biceps and stretched, but didn't do any cardio or a full yoga routine. Still did pretty well, my arms are sore today. Don't you just love that feeling!? Today is cardio- probably do my Sansone 4-mile walk and jog although I keep it mostly low impact these days. I'm enjoying the fact that I don't really have to restrict calories right now, ha, ha.

Have a great day, Ladies!

January 21st, 2010, 01:44 PM
Today is going much better, dh is at work! Off to manage crying twins up from a nap. I'll check in later!

Great work out Jennifer!

Be good ladies!
January 22nd, 2010, 07:28 AM
This is probably going to be my last check-in until Monday. I work tonight. Saturday I work in the a.m. then straight from there to church, then straight home to have friends over. Sunday a.m. we are going to a baptism, then I work in the p.m. It's going to be a loooong weekend for me. Being social is just exhausting to me, even when I'm with people I really like. I'm just not a nice person, LOL!

Going to do a routine for chest, shoulders, and triceps today, then maybe some cardio. I'll probably have to take rest days for Sat and Sun, although I'll at least try to get some good stretching in. Watching what I eat is always easier when I'm around other people, so I know I'll be good this weekend... well, Saturday night and Sunday morning at least. It occurred to me that pretty soon the market where I work will be stocking jelly beans and cadbury eggs... Lawd, give me strenth! LOL!

Take care, Ladies.. have a great weekend!

January 22nd, 2010, 08:12 AM
mmmm cadbury eggs-yummy! have a good weekend Jennifer!
January 24th, 2010, 06:28 PM
Well ladies, I'm enjoying today, 'cause I'm back on plan for eight days starting tomorrow until we leave for Mexico!

How was the weekend?
January 24th, 2010, 09:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi there, buddies! I didn't get a chance to check back until tonight, but, I thought I'd quick check in...

My diet is going pretty well! Yes, I let myself cheat a little this weekend. I know it sounds bad, but, I think what I've learned is that I need to let myself have chips or chocolate once in a while, or, I'll quit the diet. I'd love to say that I'm realllly disciplined, but, I can only say that I WISH I was disciplined enough to say NO to all of the bad stuff.

I'll be weighing in tomorrow! Wish me luck! I'm nervous, but, I'm excited. Marie, Mexico is just around the corner. Way too exciting! I'm glad you enjoyed the day. You deserved it!

Jennifer, Wow! You're busy! And I'm jealous that your arms hurt...As long as "post workout pain" isn't incapacitating, I really feel good about it. I'm going to try to push myself during the work out tomorrow. But, I'm nervous that I'll overdo it and end up unable to function in my necessary roles around the house. you know what I mean?

Talk to you all soon! You're doing awesome!

January 24th, 2010, 09:34 PM
Let us know how your WI goes tomorrow Kelty! I HATE post workout pain-I hate working out-exercise is something I am forced to do, and I'll avoid it if I can, lol! I'd rather maintain a very clean diet with no cheats than exercise, how bad is that?

I've got my grapefruit and tea ready for tomorrow; the kids' breakfasts are all out-we've got an early morning b/c Nolan has preschool, then we're taking the twins and Elizabeth to Walmart for portraits-if E never comes back, these might be our only prof portraits ever of the three siblings Who know what's around the next corner?
January 25th, 2010, 06:47 AM
Hi Girls, I apologize in advance for typos, etc. my computer is acting really strange, and connection is poor right now. Or maybe it is JM, I'm not sure.

Had a long week, a busy weekend, now it is monday already. I got in no exercise over the weekend except what I wanted to do for the New Year new You challenge, and those things I did at work. I used two gallons of milk to do the arm raises and triceps kickbacks. I was so worried somebody might walk in the cooler and wonder what the heck I was doing, LOL! I ate pretty well until last night, but we splurged a little bit (okay, a lot). I had a beer and mozzarella sticks w/ ranch dressing. OMGosh is was the best thing I'd eaten in forever, probably about a bazillion calories and the first time I'd felt really full in a long time. (and just in case either of you are scandalized by me drinking a beer while prego... well, sorry!)

I guess today I'm doing a routine for legs and back, maybe some cardio and yoga too. It depends on if DH wants to exercise with me... he mentioned starting this week, but I haven't confirmed that he actually wiell. I have one extra shift to work this week, but then *hopefully* back to normal normal. One of the ladies is having problems with her daughter, and I heard that yesterday they had to take the girl back to the hospital. That's why I had to work so much extra last week, and if there is is still trouble I may have to work extra this week too. Poor me.

Have a great day, Ladies, I might be able to check back later.

January 25th, 2010, 05:19 PM
I'm hungry-ugggg....
January 26th, 2010, 06:47 AM
Morning, Kelty and Marie!

marie, I hope you've had a good b'fast by now.

I ended up having a pretty crappy day yesterday, but so far better today. My plan today is cardio followed by some easy yoga; we're having oatmeal for b'fast, no idea about the rest of the day yet. I have to work tonight so a good dinner will be tricky.

We're getting more snow today... I dreamed last night about green grass and hot sun on my back! can't wait until summer... I'm sure my fellow northerners understand.

January 26th, 2010, 05:11 PM
Oh, I understand about wanting summer!

We were asked last night if we'd adopt Elizabeth-we said yes and so she's here to stay! Well ladies, btwn the three of us, we're now at 13 kids, lol!!

I'm on day 2, doing well, not as hungry today, but I'm drinking my water and tea like I should. Give me a few hours....
January 27th, 2010, 10:15 AM
Wow, Marie, that's really exciting! We've had it in our hearts for a long time to adopt, but the chances of us actually passing the homestudy are so slim we haven't really pursued the idea. (BTW- you need to recheck your math... we're at 4+4+6, not counting my little one on the way. )

Having a better day today, but the weather sure is crappy- blowing lake effect snow with wind chills around 20 below F. (Marie, that's about -23C.) Did I mention I'm sick of winter, LOL! Got my exercise in- strength training for shoulders and arms plus extra stretching for a total of 70 min. Doing good on meals today, planning to have some ice cream with DH tonight b/c it is on sale and because Baby wants some.

Have a great day, Ladies!

January 27th, 2010, 12:51 PM
we're at 15 kids btwn the three of us, lol!!!!!!!!!!! I love it! We should have our own sticky, lol! I don't get much sleep, and I nearly failed statistics, pardon my math

-23C, softie! today it was -29C without the windchill, and I had the two toddlers at swimming lessons at 0840, we hadn't plugged in the van and it barely started-I had to put blankets on the kids over the carseats and snowsuits to keep them warm for the 5 minute drive, lol!

WTG on getting your exercise in already, Jennifer!
I'm on Day 3-last night I couldn't hack it anymore and had some airpopped popcorn with butter, no salt or topping. I needed a bit of fat to keep me on plan. Today isn't too bad, though I'm a bit snacky right now. Time for some tea.

Have a great evening ladies!
January 28th, 2010, 07:58 AM
Maire, don't you know I'm a Southern gal born and bred... I grew up with winters no colder than maybe 5* C. It's been hard to get used to, and this winter has been much milder than last! I know.. I'm a wimp. BUT, come summer when you're complaining of the heat... I'll be calling you softie. LOL!

The New Year new You challenge is almost over, and today is yoga day. Usually I like yoga, but nothing sounds good to me today. So I'll probably do a 3-mile walk DVD, then prenatal yoga, then veg as much as possible the rest of the day.

January 28th, 2010, 11:45 AM
Well, crap. I did my exercise today, 3-mile walk and some yoga/stretching to total 97 min. Then I had a bowl of potato soup. Then I sat down and was reading and managed to eat an entire package of graham crackers I was holding because Mary got hold of it and brought it to me. Okay, Mary had two of them, so not quite the entire package. Still, that's like 575 calories! That's what I get for not making sure I had a good snack between b'fast and lunch....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search