Marie & Jennifer

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Weightloss Buddies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 28th, 2010, 06:44 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
mmm, potato soup and graham crackers sound divine!

I think I'm on day 4 of plan, I feel alot leaner, I look leaner, I guess I'll plough through another four days then weigh myself on the 2nd. We aren't going to Mexico, so dh and I aren't feeling as motivated. Oh well, gotta keep working at it if I wanna hit goal weight by the New Year...
January 28th, 2010, 07:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies...Is it Thursday already? I have been sooooo NASTY this week. I think it's the winter getting to me. And, as we all know, I hate dieting. But, seriously, I am so crabby! I don't even want to be around me...

I weighed in... I'm actually down 7-8 lbs! Not bad... But, I'm having a really tough time finding/making time for my workouts. It seems like every time I get ready or start to get ready, Max wakes up, school calls, some minor domestic emergency arises. I hope to get better about exercising in the near future.

Marie...How exciting about the adoption!!! that is sooooo fantastic! You'll have to post the portraits when you get them back! You're not going to Mexico? That is a real bummer. I am going to visit my dad in FL in March...I cannot wait. I am just HOPING that some summer clothes fit by then. I DON"T want to buy anything new or wear maternity clothes (it's fun when you're PG. It's awful when you're post partum)

Jennifer... I read about the graham crackers and it made me want some! AHHHH! Luckily, I don't think I have any in the house. And, don't feel bad about eating them. There are much worse snacks you could have eaten. If it were me, and I was PG and holding a package of graham crackers, I would gotten up and found marshmallows and chocolate to make s'mores. That would be why I gained so much with all my PGs.

Well, I need to get some sleep and I've still got to go over about 80 e-mails. I'll check in soon.

You guys are great! I am so much more motivated having you guys to update to as I work on weight loss and fitness.

January 29th, 2010, 02:00 AM
Kelty-great loss! Wowie! I avoid workouts like the plague, I'll have to change that mindset. We can't take E out of country, nor can we fly with three kids under two, so Mexico will have to wait until next winter then the 6 of us can go!

Yes, it is 3am here, the twins were up for a feed at 2, I went to bed early and now I'm wide awake, so I filled the dishwasher and I'm doing more laundry Come on Friday!!
January 29th, 2010, 10:02 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
Hi Ladies.

Kelty, good to hear from you, hon! Sorry you had a bad week, but sounds like your efforts are really paying off. It is really hard for me to make time to exercise some days. I'm kinda at an advantage, though, because we homeschool so all my kids are home all day... I have older ones around to keep the little ones more-or-less out of trouble for an hour and a half. It took a lot of trial and error for me to find the time of day that would work best. Finally I told the kids "this is something I have to do". I think they figured how important it is to me, after seeing how upset I get when my workout time is interrrupted. I hope you can work something out, even just a few days a week would make a difference. It seems counter-intuitive, but exercising really helps boost my energy levels... I bet you would see the same result.

Marie, I hope you aren't too disappointed about not going to Mexico... You have the best possible reasons for delaying the trip.

I did my exerise for the day... a kenpo workout plus extra stretching. I work tonight and we have a busy weekend ahead, so not sure when I'll check back in. Have a blessed weekend, Ladies!

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

January 29th, 2010, 08:28 PM
have a good weekend at work Jennifer!

I'm not too sad about Mexico, we've been there lots of times, it would have been a nice break before the chaos of moving homes at the end of February, but we'll go with all four kids next fall
I started crying in the van today, I can't believe our family is complete, we are so blessed

I've been mostly on plan today, had some of the kids' homemade pizza for supper tonight, but didn't go overboard. Back on track tomorrow!
February 1st, 2010, 06:54 AM
Hi, Ladies... happy Monday.

Not much to update about my weekend. I didn't get any exercise in except for some rows and squats in the back room at work on Sunday. I totaled up my exercise in January: I got 1495 minutes or the equivalent of 100 miles.

Today I'm going to do cardio and either yoga or stretching. DH wants to start doing strength training with me a few days a week, so I'm looking forward to that. Figure on those days (Tue, Thu, and Sat) I'll still do stretching and/or light cardio in the a.m. and then the workout with him in the p.m. He hates cardio, but he wants to start lifting weights again. I'm happy about that.

That's all for now... hope both of you are doing well!

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

February 1st, 2010, 07:56 PM
I'm so glad your dh is doing this with you Jennifer, yay!! Its been a quiet weekend stuck in the house with four kids, and today was just busy and chaotic. I need a vacation, lol!

I'm off to bed...
February 2nd, 2010, 07:28 AM
Marie, maybe you should go ahead and run off to Mexico.

I've got some running around to do, post office and such. I'm going to do some prenatal yoga this morning, and then weights with DH tonight. This is going to work out perfectly, if we stick with it for the entire 13-week program. Last time, he bailed on me around week 9. But 13 weeks puts me at about the time I should start taking it easier. I'm really paranoid about gaining too much weight this pregnancy... I put up belly pics at my blog if you wanna go see... not much of a baby tummy, I think my pad of belly fat is just more prominent, LOL!

Take care today, Ladies. Kelty, I hope you are doing well.

February 2nd, 2010, 07:40 AM
Jennifer, you look great! Wow! By that stage with Nolan, I'd gained nearly 35lbs from my undx GDM, lol! Good for you for taking such good care of yourself and babe while pg!
Hopefully dh doesn't bail too soon, lol!
February 8th, 2010, 06:48 AM
Good Monday morning, buddies! I hope you have both just been busy and that's why nobody has been checking in.

I had a pretty busy weekend and had to skip Saturday and Sunday's workouts, so I'm ready to get back to it. Met a milestone this weekend, too... Saturday night Baby was moving around strong enough for DH to feel it too. Other than that nothin' new here.

February 8th, 2010, 08:18 PM
awww, Jennifer-so great that dh could feel baby!

I just ate a vat of buttered popcorn with flavoring-why do I do that??

Kelty, where are you??
February 9th, 2010, 06:44 AM
I personally think buttered popcorn is nutritious (assuming it is real butter) but a vat just might be overdoing it. Have things been going well, Marie? How are the kids doing? How are you doing?

I have my meals and snacks planned out, along with my exercise planned. We may go to church tonight if DH gets home on time, so I'm planning to have chicken soup on the woodstove for us for dinner tonight. I have some laundry to do but only two loads and not a ton so that's nice. Should be a good, normal day!

February 9th, 2010, 09:19 PM
the kids are doing well, E has been here 24 days now, she calls us mommy and daddy and her little personality is really coming through. She and Nolan are getting along much better, she's learning to share more, and he's letting her get away with a bit more
I have a cold, and we're off plan, not exercising. We want to get into the new house, then get back into our better eating/ex plan. Its hard right now-the stress of daily house showings and dh working 6 days a week then leads to chips and popcorn...
February 10th, 2010, 07:15 AM
Sounds like you have more important things to focus on right now, Marie. If you ask me, you're smart to set it aside for a while.

February 10th, 2010, 08:47 PM
I'm trying to stay on track a bit, so I won't have as much to lose, lol!
February 10th, 2010, 09:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'M HERE! Our downstairs computer that the boys use for homework crashed and they've had to use my laptop for all of their school stuff. They keep leaving me with a computer/laptop with no battery. And, as you can see by the time on my post, I'm getting my computer pretty late at night. Things are gonna have to change. I need to keep up with my e-mail, you guys, and the board I co-host! Well, for now, homework computer needs have to come first.

Update on me. I haven't gained any weight, but, I haven't lost any either. I think it's because I've not increase my exercise significantly. But, I'm seeing my clothes fitting better, so that's something positive.

I absolutely KNOW that I will be having a huge cheat day coming before Ash Wednesday. I give up dessert, junk food, deep fried food, sugared-soda, etc... so I'll need a quick fix of that stuff before I go "cold turkey"

I went back to the gym today! yay I'm gonna be sore. But, it's a start. Max was at Grandma's so it worked out great. I have to be honest. I am not really thrilled about putting Max in the child care there. It seemed kind of crazy. You'd think I wouldn't care on baby #4, but, it was pretty chaotic. And, I worry about him getting sick. (Sorry, had to "mom vent" for a minute) I'm hoping that I can go at a less busy time and that he'll be fine.

Marie- I love popcorn. We have a movie style popcorn maker in our house! Don't worry about indulging on that every once in a while (or even a little more frequently than that). If that's your weakness, it's not as bad as you think. Yes, it's not carrots. But, it's also not deep fried cheese curds...Can you tell I'm from WI ????

Jennifer - I really wish I was as disciplined as you are during PG. I wouldn't be in this situation if I planned food and activity like you do! Good for you! How are you feeling?

Great to update! I hope to be back soon! But please know that I'm in this for the "long haul" with you ladies! If I don't post for a few days, there's a reason, and it doesn't mean I'm gone. I wouldn't trade you guys as buddies!

February 11th, 2010, 07:05 AM
Kelty, good to hear from you! If your clothes are fitting differently you must be improving your body composition even if it is in a way the scale cannot reflect. Good for you! Hopefully you can work out a way to get to the gym... I never have trusted group child care, so I'd be right there with you on the nursery. Maybe they were just overwhelmed that particular time, but if it was "chaotic" there'd be no way I'd leave my kids there either.

You know I never was as disciplined as this in my other pregnancies, either. But when I was in labor with Mary, the midwife hadn't yet arrived (she came about 30 minutes after Mary did!), I was in transition, and I had this sudden fear that I was just too fat to hold myself in the position I needed to be in. I was so darn *tired* and it scared me how weak I felt. It passed and she was born just fine, thank God! Any time I was tempted to give up I remembered that fear. That motivated me long enough to see the results and learn to love the exercise. Now I work out every day because I enjoy it. The dieting I will NEVER enjoy, LOL!

And now I'm done "testifyin" LOL!

anyway, to answer your question I'm feeling great. I have an appt. with the midwife scheduled for this Saturday, and I'm excited for that. I don't know why those appointments are always so exciting, her visits are fun anyway though. Today I'm doing some cardio this morning (time for me to get going, actually) and then this evening I'm doing weights for shoulders and arms w/ dh. At least, I told him I'm going to do it and he can join if he wants to... hopefully he will want to, but he's having arthritic pain in his elbows and knees the last few days. I worry about him.

gotta go, have a great day, ladies!

February 11th, 2010, 11:11 AM
Kelty-glad you got back on-and deep fried cheese curds sound amazing! There's a reason why we don't own a deep fryer in this house, lol! Yay for hitting the gym! I also don't like busy daycares for the little guys-I'm getting more picky about who watches my kids, the more kids I get, lol! I also can't handle four sick kids by myself, either....

Jennifer-I love your motivation for working out during pg, thank you for sharing that!

AFM-enough of these popcorn binges-I don't need the salt b/c of my blood pressure-I need to get healthy for my four kids, regardless of when I move homes, or how many kids I have. Today I am getting on the treadmill and adding to my mileage ticker! I will update tonight!
February 14th, 2010, 03:59 PM
Hi girls, happy V-Day.

I had my 20 week appointment yesterday, everything is looking good. I'm measuring about 3 weeks ahead, but I don't think that's unusual for me. We couldn't catch the heartbeat w/ the fetoscope because LO was moving around too much. My BP was 120/70 and weight gain so far is 13 pounds. She says I'm looking good- next appointment in a month.

I haven't done any working out this weekend... yesterday was too busy, and this is the first Sunday I've had off work in nearly 2 months, so I felt like just vegging today. That's pretty much it, figure I'll be ready to get back in workout mode tomorrow. I'm so not sweating it at this point... I still got in 397 minutes this week.

Hope you ladies are having a fantastic weekend.

February 15th, 2010, 07:49 PM
Wow Jennifer! WTG!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search