Marie & Jennifer

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Weightloss Buddies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 1st, 2010, 10:25 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I got the hour of cardio and the 5 veg servings! How did you do today?
September 3rd, 2010, 01:17 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
Hiya, Marie... great job!

I'm doing good, I think... the trick is staying good over the weekend. Then on Tuesday the kids start school work again- that's going to make things interesting until we are settled in to a solid routine. we'll just see how it goes!

Hope you have a great weekend!

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

September 3rd, 2010, 04:26 PM
you too!
September 4th, 2010, 06:40 PM
had a case of the "F its" today. sad thing is, I don't even feel bad about it...

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

September 4th, 2010, 08:53 PM
me too! I only did a mile this morning and have no intention of getting 1.5 miles in tonight---back on track tomorrow!
September 7th, 2010, 10:27 AM
well, it was just a screwy weekend. We went on an awesome hike yesterday- almost two hours going up and back down a small "mountain". I carried Lucy the whole way. Part of the trail up was stairs- 264 or 267 of them, depending on who was counting. Got my heartrate and breathing up, but I never felt "winded"... very impressive considering three years ago I couldn't walk up our stairs w/o gasping. We sure had fun- it was a beautiful day.

today the kids are "back to school".... we've survived to lunch time so far. I'm going to have to get used to doing my workouts in the late afternoon on school days, at least until I go back to work. Then I have no idea what I'm gonna do. Anyway, it's a dance routine for the challenge today... I hate dance workouts, I feel so uncoordinated, LOL.

Hope you are having a fantastic day!

September 7th, 2010, 08:51 PM
good for you, you little mountain goat! You must be so proud of yourself!!

I skipped my walks last night and this morning, but I did 2.5miles tonight! I feel so much better physically and mentally when I walk both morning and night. The scale isn't moving, but I feel so much leaner. And when I meet my Sept goal of 83 miles this month, surely the scale's gotta move then

Have a good sleep!
September 19th, 2010, 09:24 AM
Good morning Jennifer!

Its a new week, what have you got planned for exercise/life?

I am still doing three miles a day, will try to do two in the morning and one at night-its easier to be motivated in the morning somehow. I'm doing what you suggested, focusing on exercise and eating what I want, in moderation of course. I feel so much leaner this week!
September 21st, 2010, 07:06 AM
three miles is excellent, Marie. I don't know how you manage w/ so many little ones! WTG!

This week I'm still basing my workout plan on the exercise challenges- today an hour aerobics, tomorrow a strength routine for lower body, Thursday yoga, Friday cardio and calisthenics (have no clue if I spelled that right!), Saturday I have no clue yet, Sunday lower body again. Can't believe September is almost done already. Sunday was Mary's 3rd birthday- that reminds me I need to change my siggy.

Three of the kids go to the dentist today, so I better go look busy. Hope you're having a great week!@

September 21st, 2010, 09:17 AM
wow, good plan for the week! Hope the dentist appts go smoothly for you!

I just workout early morning with the two preschoolers in the basement with me, and at night once they're all in bed. Its not so bad if I break it up.

Have a wonderful week!
September 29th, 2010, 05:16 PM
Hi Marie, sorry I've been a bad buddy. It has been crazy busy. Three more kids go to dentist tomorrow. My first day back to work will be Sunday and we cannot get Lucy to take a bottle. Sometimes it just sucks being me, KWIM? But, I did to 90 minutes of yoga today.

How are you doing?

September 29th, 2010, 09:15 PM
yay for 90 mins!! That sucks that she won't take a bottle-very stressful for you, I know. Hoping she catches on quick!

I've been good-eating what I want in moderation, trying to get my 3 miles in the morning on the treadmill when I can, otherwise breaking it up into two sessions. I feel leaner, though the scale isn't moving, but my clothes are looser, I feel better, the walks are easier-its going well!
October 2nd, 2010, 10:51 AM
Sounds like you are doing great, despite what the scale can't reflect! Great Job!! First day of work will be Monday and not tomorrow, so I'm relieved about that. I'm not sure if the bottle thing is worse for her or for Chuck. It's not gonna bother me any- I'll be at work taking it easy. LOL!

Tomorrow will be P90X day one for me and the kids. Robert and Raechel want to do it with me, so I hope it will be fun for them too. It will be motivating for me, too- no way am I gonna let my kids kick my butt! LOL! I didn't realize until we did the fit test yesterday how strong Robert is. You know, I still think of him as a little kid, but he's quite the young man!

Hope you're having a great weekend, Marie!

October 13th, 2010, 07:31 AM
Hey, Marie... how's it going?

October 15th, 2010, 01:11 PM
good, I didn't see this last post until now-how's p90x going for you? I was thinking of starting a Shred on Monday-just need to hook up my tv/dvd and find my video-might need to buy a new one this weekend
October 21st, 2010, 10:42 AM
Find your shred??

It has been a busy week here, but I'm going well. I'm still "kinda" doing p90x, but having to replace some of the longer workouts with shorter ones or modifying. So I'm not really doing it, just using their program as a basic guideline. The kids lost interest rather quickly, and I just can't make something so intense a priority right now.

October 25th, 2010, 11:15 AM
How are you, Marie? I was glad to see you made it to Mass as a family this weekend. Are the twins doing any better today?

I've made it to week 4, which is a "recovery" week and the end of Phase I. Last week we were busy. I was weighing in almost every day last week, and my weight was all over the place. I saw everything from 193.8 up to 197! I wasn't sure what to use as my "official" weigh-in, so I'm putting the scale back up until Sunday. I'm going to work on my diet this week, too. I've got a tendancy to do well for a long time, but gradually backslide. Just need to refocus.

Hope you are doing well, have a great Monday.

October 28th, 2010, 09:58 PM
look at your go, Jennifer! I am so proud of you and your dedication to staying healthy! What an inspiration you are to your kids

Twins are still teething, less fevered, but still really snotty. No teeth poked through yet, either. The two bigs are good and healthy.

We're planning on doing a family mass again this Sunday
I fired up the dvd player and am working thru Season 1 of Grey's Anatomy while I'm on the treadmill-I got four miles in today!!! And I barely noticed I was on there for 40 mins either time!!
October 30th, 2010, 03:11 PM
I thought of you and your family before Mass this evening, I hope it goes well for you this weekend. How did the murder mystery dinner date go? I've always wanted to attend a dinner theater like that, sounds like it would be so much fun. DH and I used to act in a show that was something like a dinner theater. We loved doing it... good memories.

I'm really looking forward to just stretching tomorrow, and taking measurements! I'll be sure to let you know how that goes!

October 31st, 2010, 10:35 PM
Mass went as usual today, Arthur gets so antsy there! The other three did really well, though I am so glad we could all attend together again!

The murder mystery was at our friends' house, they bought it online-really fun-there were 13 of us in total-they have a yearly halloween get together, very nice evening

I wanna know how measurements go!

I've been getting lots of miles in, I'm so happy! 11 days to Mexico!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search