Marie & Jennifer

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Weightloss Buddies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 5th, 2010, 04:55 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
MARIE!!!!!!! You're preggers!?!

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

December 31st, 2010, 02:45 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am! Catholic vowel renewal in August, childless honeymoon in Mexico in November, and a bfp two weeks later!
Had I only known this when we were up to our elbows in IVF meds two years ago
January 4th, 2011, 01:19 PM
WTG, congratulations, and I'm praying for you to have a healthy pregnancy and baby! {{{hugs}}}

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

April 1st, 2011, 07:02 PM
How are you doing Jennifer?
September 4th, 2011, 09:20 AM
Jennifer, are you still in here?
September 4th, 2011, 07:05 PM
Wow, Marie... I just happened to notice you posted today. Usually I don't remember to look at this forum. I'll bookmark it again so I will remember, ok? How are you doing? How are all the babies? I think about you from time to time but not in a creepy stalker way, LOL!

September 4th, 2011, 09:00 PM
LOL, I think about you too! Non-stalky of course!
Kids are all good, dh is back at work so we're getting back into our routine. Joseph is six weeks old today so its time to get back and walk on the treadmill. We finished the basement before he was born, so I have a nice area with my treadmill and elliptical, both in front of a 50" tv, so no more excuses! My goal is to start watching Glee Season 1 on it. I'm still trying to figure out how to get in daily exercise.

What plan are you doing now? How are the kids? Look how much you've lost!!
September 8th, 2011, 01:03 PM
Wow, yeah... I'd imagine you have a hard time getting any time to yourself at all right now! five kids under four... I can't imagine!

Right now I'm running three days/week with cross-training or rest on the other days. I've just decided to do a 5K race on the 17th, so that will be my last race of this season. After that, I really don't have a schedule to follow. I'll have to devise something on my own.

September 9th, 2011, 09:18 AM
great work Jennifer! you're such an inspiration!

My goal was to hit the treadmill in the evenings, but my 7 week old fusses all evening right now, so that's kind of out. And I'm not brave enough to put him in the Bjorn while I'm on the treadmill, too dangerous.

I am trying to focus on eating less and healthier foods.
September 21st, 2011, 09:47 AM
gosh, Marie... two weeks since your last post. Sorry!~! How are you doing? Are you getting any walking in?

I've been doing well. Recently decided to try cutting wheat out of our diet and this is Day 2. So far it has been easier for me than anyone else. Most of the kids are being pretty good sports about it- hubby is mostly worried about what he will do at work.

September 23rd, 2011, 11:13 AM
not a problem, I haven't been doing anything anyhow
wow-good luck going wheat-less! good to see the fam's on board with it, I think it would be hard, lots of label reading and home cooking-isn't there wheat in everything?
Right now my goal is to stop eating after 6pm, I've done it two nights now and I feel really good about it-and my reflux is 100x at night than it was. I also need to go find my running shoes so I can hit that treadmill, they got buried in the basement with renos this spring
September 27th, 2011, 01:38 PM
Did you find them shoes yet? Not eating after 6 is a great goal. Good luck with that! If I avoid snacking within two hours of bedtime I'm doing good. Where are you as far as your weight-loss? I wonder if maybe we could do a challenge of some type, the two of us. I've reached my first goal, but now what I'm reading says I should go down about 20 to 25 more pounds to reach an "athletic" body fat percentage. I think I could do it IF I don't get pregnant.

Wheat-free for one week! It hasn't been too big an adjustment- almost all our meals are home-prepared anyway, and so far I'm not super concerned with avoiding "hidden" sources of wheat. Mainly avoiding the obvious things like bread, crackers, pasta... I've noticed quite a few benefits actually. I posted about it this morning on the main board. I'm worried about what it's going to do to our grocery budget, though. Trying to just stay positive about it so the family won't mutiny!

September 27th, 2011, 07:40 PM
uggg, those shoes still haven't found themselves and walked up the stairs to me yet--I really need to get on that!
Still working on the pm eating thing-I am very aware of what I am eating after 6pm and why--awareness is the first step, right? Or is that denial?

I think a challenge is a great idea--I could really use an exercise mins per week type challenge, which would force me to find those shoes and even put them on my feet!

Wow, a whole week, good for you guys! I am off to find your post about that-I'm intrigued!
September 30th, 2011, 06:28 AM
I'm gonna have to keep badgering you about it, you know. Your assignment: get in 30 minutes walking this weekend!

I love your siggy, BTW. Wow, big boy turning 5! My Daniel will be turning 12 on the 7th of Oct. It's crazy how fast they grow.

I've already eaten breakfast, just waiting for the big kids to get their act together so we can get on with our day. Going to do some yoga today, rest tomorrow, maybe a long run on Sunday if it turns out nice. We've had some really nasty wet, windy weather since yesterday. Our power was out for a couple hours, even. All those beautiful leaves got blown right off.

September 30th, 2011, 08:24 AM
Badger, please! I need it!
Okay, tonight once the kids are in bed I'm going downstairs to dig out my shoes. Dh is home this weekend so I will carve out the time to do 30mins.

Yuck that the weather has turned on you-its supposed to get cold here starting this weekend, this is a typical fall for us, I imagine there'll be snow on the ground for Halloween

Thank you! I can't believe my once "baby" will be 5!
October 6th, 2011, 08:11 PM
sorry for not checking back in, Marie. IDK what happened to this week but it was bad. I was in such a rotten mood for three stinkin' days. Too many situations stressing me out, bad news, etc. Nothing too major, I guess, but it's like there's a really big storm on the horizon that might blow over but might wipe us out. But for whatever reason, I'm feeling a little more in control today. Went for a short run and everything.

How are you doing? Do you have plans for the weekend?

October 8th, 2011, 08:53 PM
oh ((hugs)) I hope your weekend is quiet
Thanksgiving for us, had our turkey dinner today-it went well and I didn't overeat!

I dug my shoes out of the storage room two days ago, planning to hit the treadmill once before Tuesday
October 9th, 2011, 07:22 AM
Oh, I forgot you would be celebrating Thanksgiving... glad to hear dinner went well for you! What is a typical Canadian Thanskgiving dinner? I guess it makes total sense that you would celebrate the harvest a bit earlier than the U.S. It would be interesting to compare weather notes, I bet our weather isn't all that different. We are pretty close to Canada, if it weren't for that huge lake in the way. Do you make your tickers yourself? They are always so artistic and pretty. That's a nice family you've got.

We're having a pretty good weekend so far. I work tonight, though. Well, sometimes being at work is more relaxing than being at home. I can sometimes take a book and actually READ it. LOL! I'm going to do some yoga today and I have a long run planned for tomorrow, although I'm not sure how far I'll go. It's been a while since I ran more than 4 miles, so I might do six just to punish myself.

October 10th, 2011, 11:36 AM
for tg dinner dh and I had: turkey, stuffing, mashed with gravy, perogies, cabbage rolls, salad, veg, pumpkin and apple pies---my mom always had big meals for holidays and we just adopted her menu, which was similar to dh's family's anyhow.

I'm not sure why Thanksgiving is a month earlier than your own, I'll have to google that one day. That gigantic lake does separate us on that end doesn't it? I'm not sure how they're gonna go around it when they put up that big fence separating our borders. I'm sure that's gonna be cheap

Today's plan: shoes are out, workout clothes are on, two seasons of Glee are downstairs, just need to get those kids to bed and I'm on my treadmill tonight! The plan is to do a casual treadmill walk for one episode which should be around 40 mins. Thats what I was doing last summer. Wish me luck!

6 miles-wowie! Inspiring!
October 12th, 2011, 08:52 PM
don't be too inspired... I still haven't done that six miler.

I'm going to have to look for Glee one of these days. Wonder if I could watch it online somewhere. I've heard it's a good show. Did you get on that treadmill? I hope so!

Your thanksgiving menu sounds pretty typical to what we might have. Yum, I just love turkey dinner! Last year we butchered our own turkey- I forget his exact weight dressed out but it was something like 27 pounds. Gosh, we got like 10 meals out of him! Going to have to do a store bought turkey this year, though.

Anyway, it's late, I just wanted to check in. Have a great evening/day/night... whenever!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search